First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Presidential Election 2012
Posted 9/23/12
Politics is a stage. We are the audience, politicians are the puppets, who controls the strings of these puppets?

2183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Behind you
Offline
Posted 9/24/12 , edited 9/24/12

zinjashike wrote:


netdisorder wrote:

But do you want to pay for mandatory health care? It will provide low quality service and extremely long wait times even for serious problems. Not to mention it will have all the specialists moving out of the country because their pay is crippled. That is the garbage that Obama is pushing.

Oh yeah, and Obama hasn't done SQUAT for the economy. Which is the largest issue in our country right now.


Citations regarding healthcare? We have more doctors per capita than Canada, even with the healthcare bill ours are STILL the highest paid, and we haven't even implemented a single payer system to put the strain the other countries have on their systems (which France manages very well actually).

The economy has improved under Obama, and if you want to talk about economics let's talk about how the Republicans held the country hostage in congress losing us our AAA credit rating.


Last time I checked us losing our AAA credit rating is actually a sign of how bad our economy is, and how low consumer confidence is. Also, France is in TERRIBLE debt. It's a prime example of a entitlement state.

Don't joke about our economy "improving". That's just not the case.

Obama went from 11 trillion debt to 16 trillion in debt. Do you understand how much that is? And Obama hasn't ONCE balanced the countries budget. Blame bush all you want, he was a bad president economically as well. However Obama is just as much of an airhead. To boot, why does Obama have to apologize for our countries success??
2183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Behind you
Offline
Posted 9/24/12 , edited 9/24/12

a619ko wrote:




If using your wealth to make more wealth is hard work, then yes. He was a hard worker...
Romney, the son of a corporate CEO, made his own fortune leading private equity firm Bain Capital.
Translation: Born with a silver spoon.

Son of a CEO, need I say more?


The success of Romney with Bain Capital is an example of business leadership. Face it, Romney knows the inside and out of running a business, so he is the better candidate on Economic issues.

You sound envious of his success. Which is exactly what so many to the left are. Why so many judge a person based on financial status is a mystery to me. I judge a person on character and proven record.

We have to wake up to the fact that Economic issues are more important than social issues.
18204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 9/24/12

netdisorder wrote:


a619ko wrote:




If using your wealth to make more wealth is hard work, then yes. He was a hard worker...
Romney, the son of a corporate CEO, made his own fortune leading private equity firm Bain Capital.
Translation: Born with a silver spoon.

Son of a CEO, need I say more?


Romney's father started off as a mere bartender and worked his way up. The success of Romney with Bain Capital is an example of business leadership. Face it, Romney knows the inside and out of running a business, so he is the better candidate on Economic issues.

You sound envious of his success. Which is exactly what so many to the left are. Why so many judge a person based on financial status is a mystery to me. I judge a person on character and proven record.


Romney's father worked his way up...Mitt Romney, was born into the elitist society...Or am I wrong here? Sure he worked, but again...He used money to make mo money...

Why would I be envious? I'm just criticizing...I'm not just judging Romney on his financial status, if you read on...He believes the middle class income is-- what now? How out of touch is this man!?

I'm not even a leftist, sure I believe in some things they stand for, but I can also agree with rights on other issues.
TBH, I think both Obama and Romney suck. Again, both parties are full of it.((if only RP, the only honest man, was picked))

I was voting for Romney, then his true colors bloomed in an elitist only dinner party he was hosting...
Good thing for that video, truly shows what Romney thinks of us middle class...


Seen the video? Just YT search Romneys hidden video...Might change your mind about him...

Anyways,
2183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Behind you
Offline
Posted 9/24/12

a619ko wrote:


netdisorder wrote:


a619ko wrote:




If using your wealth to make more wealth is hard work, then yes. He was a hard worker...
Romney, the son of a corporate CEO, made his own fortune leading private equity firm Bain Capital.
Translation: Born with a silver spoon.

Son of a CEO, need I say more?


Romney's father started off as a mere bartender and worked his way up. The success of Romney with Bain Capital is an example of business leadership. Face it, Romney knows the inside and out of running a business, so he is the better candidate on Economic issues.

You sound envious of his success. Which is exactly what so many to the left are. Why so many judge a person based on financial status is a mystery to me. I judge a person on character and proven record.


Romney's father worked his way up...Mitt Romney, was born into the elitist society...Or am I wrong here? Sure he worked, but again...He used money to make mo money...

Why would I be envious? I'm just criticizing...I'm not just judging Romney on his financial status, if you read on...He believes the middle class income is-- what now? How out of touch is this man!?

I'm not even a leftist, sure I believe in some things they stand for, but I can also agree with rights on other issues.
TBH, I think both Obama and Romney suck. Again, both parties are full of it.((if only RP, the only honest man, was picked))

I was voting for Romney, then his true colors bloomed in an elitist only dinner party he was hosting...
Good thing for that video, truly shows what Romney thinks of us middle class...


Seen the video? Just YT search Romneys hidden video...Might change your mind about him...

Anyways,


Yeah, my hopes were shattered with Ron Paul losing out. I'll have to check out this video.

61267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 9/24/12

netdisorder wrote:
Last time I checked us losing our AAA credit rating is actually a sign of how bad our economy is, and how low consumer confidence is.


Republicans refused to raise the debt ceiling. S&P lowered our rating due to fears that politics would cause us to default. Congress is in control of renewing the debt ceiling, congress (Republican controlled) tried to use this to push legislation.

It isn't consumer confidence, it's whether other countries trust us on our ability to pay them back and hold onto their money. Threatening to default, as a nation, to push legislation? Not going to exactly instill trust.


Also, France is in TERRIBLE debt. It's a prime example of a entitlement state.


They're rated the same as the US, but I'm not looking at debt. I was looking at how they handle healthcare. If you want a stronger economy though, how about England or Germany? Both are doing substantially better (Germany is basically carrying the Euro on its back), and both have better healthcare.


Don't joke about our economy "improving". That's just not the case.


Of course it has, even your golden boy Mitt admits it's improved:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/29/news/la-pn-romney-claims-economy-recovering-in-spite-of-obama-20120529

It's simply a fact: the economy has improved whether you believe it or not. You can debate the cause, but the stimulus directly correlated to job increase. In fact Paul Ryan and many GOP, who now say it didn't help and was a horrible idea, were found to request it when looking through official documentation going on and on about how it would help their states.



Romney's father started off as a mere bartender and worked his way up. The success of Romney with Bain Capital is an example of business leadership. Face it, Romney knows the inside and out of running a business, so he is the better candidate on Economic issues.


I'm sorry, but a business that is ran for short term gains burning the house down after getting what they wanted seem like a bad choice when discussing economics.


Anyway, if you're truly concerned about the economy, the president has little control over economic policy beyond what he signs. You should be looking at congress, which already has a crap approval rating. Of course everyone says they're awful . . . till they get to their representative. Then they're just wonderful
37266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/24/12 , edited 9/24/12
Right, so.... I don't see either of them having much of an influence on my life. I tend to take congressional elections a whole hell of a lot more seriously than I do Presidential ones. As far as this election goes, I will be "throwing away" my vote for the president. Instead, I will be voting for the hope that, one day, we will have more than two candidates to choose from. I'll vote Libertarian strictly on the basis that it is the third largest. I actually agree with the policies, but I would vote for anything that isn't Rep or Dem strictly because it could change the landscape a bit. Hell, I would vote Mickey Mouse if he were running third party. Of course, if he actually had a chance of winning, my vote would be a bit different.

My point is, "not voting" because you dislike the parties is kind of the wrong way to think about it. If you are against the two parties, you should vote against them. If you don't care for either of the two parties, then you shouldn't care to vote. The only legitimate reason to not vote is that you don't care who wins. Saying that you hate both candidates, so you aren't voting, does not seem legitimate. I will admit that voting third party seems kind of like you are throwing away your vote, since it will not affect the results of the election. It could, however, change the result of future elections. As such, I'm willing to give it try. It doesn't take much of my time, and it has the potential to change things for the better. So, I'll do it.

Finally, please take congressional elections more seriously. They have, in my estimation, a much larger effect on the country than presidential elections, though they don't get as much press. Although, it is harder to take the time to research candidates, since you don't have mass media reporting on their every word.

For tl;dr, if you dislike the candidates, vote against them rather than for nothing. It's pretty easy to do.
Muppe 
55430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 9/24/12
Perhaps not my place to speak, but I want to tell what I see as I look in on this from the outside.

Obama
Promised change, only change given was less social liberty with that NDAA law he signed.
Did NOT go after the banks for messing up the global ecomony, didn´t even regulate them.
He did present Obamacare that is pretty similar to Romneycare.
Did not end a single war.
Uses dronestrikes a lot.
Has a kill list.
Atleast he doesn´t want to start a third war.

Romney
Refuses to show more then 2 years of taxes, and those 2 years does not look that great.
Has been on both side of every single issue.
Went to europe and here he ended up pissing of england, your top-allie.
Steped down as CEO of Bain retroactive, since pionering outsorcing of jobs and calling yourself a jobcreater seems pretty strange.
Thinks that 47% of your countrymen are parasites.
Believe that middle-class are people that earn between 200.000-250.000 dollar a year.
Wants a third war.

Can write more about these clowns, but this will do.
Thing is they are both pretty horrible, none of them are on your side unless you make more then 200.000 a year since then Mitt is your man.
But in reality Romney is the best opponent Obama could get. Instead of focusing on deffending his own misstakes and broken promises, Obama can hammer away at Romney for taxes, flip-flopping and now that video about those 47%. It´s almost like the republicans want to lose this race.
34602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 9/24/12
Obama has two settings, lie and gaffe.
Romney has two settings lie and insult.

I would write-in Thomas Sowell, but that is moot. I'm too young.
Posted 9/24/12
Well, Obama was fairly boring. I want another cuckoo like George Bush for his plain dumbness, or Bill Clinton for his charisma and his "I fucked up good, but boy, did I love it". Or whichever gives NASA and other space programs more funds.
63829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 9/24/12

28304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / point of singularity
Offline
Posted 9/24/12
look u fucking cant trust watch on cnn ya know why...cuz the fuckin government owns the channel
1631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 9/24/12

papi4baby wrote:


Kayuzo wrote:

Obama. I hate the fact that Mitt wants to take out abortion & planned parenthood. There are some people in the world who aren't as fortunate and may not be able to take care for the baby or afford to have a baby. Just seems selfish of him to do that. But anyways, I'm still too young to vote xD


Maybe those "people" should not be having sex, or unprotected sex.

Next.


I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but you can't expect every human to have both vast and equal amounts of willpower (stubbornness) to resist their earthly desires in every subject. Especially, the vast majority.
Posted 9/24/12
I nominate myself because I am not registered.
Muppe 
55430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 9/24/12

underlock wrote:

Well, Obama was fairly boring. I want another cuckoo like George Bush for his plain dumbness, or Bill Clinton for his charisma and his "I fucked up good, but boy, did I love it". Or whichever gives NASA and other space programs more funds.


Na, Clinton was more like.
Clinton: Ops I messed up, now watch me play my saxophone!
Everyone: Ooh, look at that! He is playing his saxophone, sweeet!
Result was always that noone cared what he had done, well except Newt that is a horrible person in all the wrong ways.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.