First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Presidential Election 2012
Posted 10/8/12
I'm American and I choose Obama.
22231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 10/8/12

gamerjstone wrote:

What is this free Healthcare you speak of. If they aren't paying for it then you and I are. We are also paying for the obscene amount of people that are reliant on the government these days. Mitt Romney may not be the best but at least he isn't Obama's sorry ass.


Is this for real? It makes no sense that you imply that you're against taxpayers paying for other people's healthcare and at the same time say you're voting for Romney. You can look this up online if you want but he flat out said that poor people will be taken care of because they can always go to emergency rooms. Now, if they don't pay that bill then it's paid by the taxpayers. Also, the same system of health care you claim to hate, which is what obama is for, is what Romney initiated in his own state.

I'm going to stop there with supplying facts b/c these posts, not just yours, are written by people beholden to tradition and hearsay rather than facts. At first I found is surprising that so many people posted foolishness like the candidates are the same. But when I think about it it's not. Some people in this country don't mind stealing aspects of a culture but deny the people of the culture, as if you've invented it. You'll immerse yourself in japanese culture but if they come here expecting 'rights' then it's go back home. Black people, you can entertain us but don't move into our neighborhoods. Mexicans, we'll eat your food and you can work on our farms and in our gardens for cheap but don't think we owe you anything. So like I said, not surprising.
22025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Auburn, Alabama
Offline
Posted 10/8/12

SuperFinny wrote:


gamerjstone wrote:

What is this free Healthcare you speak of. If they aren't paying for it then you and I are. We are also paying for the obscene amount of people that are reliant on the government these days. Mitt Romney may not be the best but at least he isn't Obama's sorry ass.


Is this for real? It makes no sense that you imply that you're against taxpayers paying for other people's healthcare and at the same time say you're voting for Romney. You can look this up online if you want but he flat out said that poor people will be taken care of because they can always go to emergency rooms. Now, if they don't pay that bill then it's paid by the taxpayers. Also, the same system of health care you claim to hate, which is what obama is for, is what Romney initiated in his own state.

I'm going to stop there with supplying facts b/c these posts, not just yours, are written by people beholden to tradition and hearsay rather than facts. At first I found is surprising that so many people posted foolishness like the candidates are the same. But when I think about it it's not. Some people in this country don't mind stealing aspects of a culture but deny the people of the culture, as if you've invented it. You'll immerse yourself in japanese culture but if they come here expecting 'rights' then it's go back home. Black people, you can entertain us but don't move into our neighborhoods. Mexicans, we'll eat your food and you can work on our farms and in our gardens for cheap but don't think we owe you anything. So like I said, not surprising.


I agree with you. I know that Romney done the same thing in his state. I was only refering to someone elses post. I dont agree with any national healthcare laws. There are other ways to fix the healthcare system. Its not just the healthcare crap that makes me not want Obama. I dont have the time to into all the issues but I will never vote for Obama. Like I said before Romney isnt the best but he isnt Obama. Also I dont think I have the quote thing down right. I dont post on forums much.
27711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 10/8/12
^ Yes, exactly what she said. Well.. I don't think I could put it into words like that.. Still I was moved miss! Or ma'am.


Well anyway, to answer the question. I'm voting for Obama, I'm not into politics that much. I do say though, these past two months I have been paying a lot of attention to what Mitt and Obama have to say. Of course I don't like some things from both candidates, but hey that's normal... right?
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/8/12
I don't really understand politics (Nor am I from America or have seen the latest ads) but back when Obama first got elected, I remember seeing him and Mccain's(?) TV ads. Obamas seemed to be all about how he would try to help, where Mccain was all about trying to down Obama. If Obama is still like that, I'd probably say him
eldos1 
66110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 10/8/12
The Political Compass has a website test to let you know where you sit in you political beliefs. It is always a good idea to know where you sit before you can tell someone where you stand.
Posted 10/8/12

Zeta-Nu wrote:

i vote Ron Paul but please don`t vote Barack Obama because he is part of Illuminati and he is the next Adolf Hitler.


They are ALL part of the Illuminati.

1480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Pekopon
Offline
Posted 10/8/12
neither. voting for Gary Johnson
19469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 10/8/12
Try and fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.
25219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/12
not voting this time around. I'm letting the electoral vote handle it
Posted 10/8/12
Obama. A lot of women are going to suffer if Romney is elected. He also seems like a disrespectful d-bag who simply wants to make policies based on what he believes, not on what is sensible. Removing planned parenthood? Seriously, what the *uck? He also seems rather hawkish. If we get into another war, the consequences will be so horrible Obama would look good in comparison even if he were to suddenly turn senile.

He also just seems like a dumb guy. He wants to open the window on a plane while it is 7 miles above the ground.
Jikkle 
34143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / SoCal
Online
Posted 10/8/12
Romney because I'll vote for the guy with the better economic plan and that is for sure not Obama.

Entitlement programs are killing our economy and that's what Obama and Democrats stand for. They want to keep people poor and dependent on the government because they want those people to continue to vote for them. Instead of trying to help them out of their current station and lift them up to have a better quality of life they want to keep handing out free money to them and give them just enough that they aren't homeless and starving.

The solution isn't to tax the rich or raise taxes but to end entitlement programs, get people back to work, and lower taxes across the board for everyone. The more people are working that's more tax money going into the pot and the less welfare and support they need. The less support people need the less money the government needs to function. The less money the government needs to function the less we can pay in taxes and that's more money in our pockets. More money in our pockets means the more we're likely to spend on consumer goods, services, etc and the more we spend on that the more profitable companies become they become more likely to raise wages of it's employee's thus adding even more money to your pocket.
480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/12

Winterfells wrote:

I'm not voting for either. Neither will be good presidents in my eyes.

My only hope was for Ron Paul to win the Republican nomination but since there was a minuscule chance and it didn't end up happening, I've ceased to have any fucks left.


Agreed, two bought politicians vying for office, if Ron Paul had been up there i'd vote for the first time, but now... meh.
61021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Now I'm in VA...d...
Offline
Posted 10/8/12

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Are you voting for Romney or Obama?


Obama, no doubt! If Romney gets in, the poor/middle class in this country will be up shit creek! He's basically the rich man's candidate!
480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/12

Jikkle wrote:

Romney because I'll vote for the guy with the better economic plan and that is for sure not Obama.

Entitlement programs are killing our economy and that's what Obama and Democrats stand for. They want to keep people poor and dependent on the government because they want those people to continue to vote for them. Instead of trying to help them out of their current station and lift them up to have a better quality of life they want to keep handing out free money to them and give them just enough that they aren't homeless and starving.

The solution isn't to tax the rich or raise taxes but to end entitlement programs, get people back to work, and lower taxes across the board for everyone. The more people are working that's more tax money going into the pot and the less welfare and support they need. The less support people need the less money the government needs to function. The less money the government needs to function the less we can pay in taxes and that's more money in our pockets. More money in our pockets means the more we're likely to spend on consumer goods, services, etc and the more we spend on that the more profitable companies become they become more likely to raise wages of it's employee's thus adding even more money to your pocket.



... You do know that Romney still hasn't given a clear plan for the economy right? Let alone anything else? So how do you know his plan is sound? How can you vote for a guy who has no idea what he's getting into? A guy who keeps his money over seas, evading taxation to save a few bucks, not helping our country in the least? How about the subsidiaries we give to huge oil companies and the like? They make billions yet we still give them "financial aid", how about we cut those out? People quick to jump to attack welfare for the poor are just regurgitating the garbage they hear on fox news, instead welfare for rich corporations should be attacked. Oh and how about our enormous defense budget, all we're doing is lining the pockets of defense contractors, that doesn't help us much either. If Romney takes office, he'll start an unnecessary war with Iran to help those defense contractors... Obama might as well, but Romney's a neocon so he wouldn't stop to think twice.

As for the taxing you mentioned, we got in this hole slowly thanks to bush. Bush inherited a surplus from Clinton, so what'd he do? He gave all his rich friends tax cuts, as well as the rest of us and slowly fucked us over, although many other things he screwed up on also got us in this situation. Romney wants to continue down that path, a path that doesn't work, and one that Obama strangely followed... So yeah, before you go off spouting that we should cut down entitlement programs, read a bit and find out what's really hurting our country. Obama is slightly better, but they're both the same shit. And Romney has virtually no chance of winning this election, considering that Obama has about a 9 point lead, he'll need more than a miracle to recover.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.