First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Why Doctor Who Ruined My Life...
8367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

yourdesire wrote:

lol ~ i didn't watch it ? is it really good ?


its pretty amazing. although, the first few episodes of the 2005 series... umm... really LAME and cheesy! lol. the bad guys are weird, the effects were pretty bad, and the main female char wasnt much of an eye candy in the beginning either. but there was something about the plot that made me keep watching. lol.

definitely worth the watch though.

Posted 2/27/13

pootato wrote:


yourdesire wrote:

lol ~ i didn't watch it ? is it really good ?


its pretty amazing. although, the first few episodes of the 2005 series... umm... really LAME and cheesy! lol. the bad guys are weird, the effects were pretty bad, and the main female char wasnt much of an eye candy in the beginning either. but there was something about the plot that made me keep watching. lol.

definitely worth the watch though.



lol ~ ok ok , since this series is kinda talked about in movies or from my friends . i should check it out .

8367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

yourdesire wrote:


pootato wrote:


yourdesire wrote:

lol ~ i didn't watch it ? is it really good ?


its pretty amazing. although, the first few episodes of the 2005 series... umm... really LAME and cheesy! lol. the bad guys are weird, the effects were pretty bad, and the main female char wasnt much of an eye candy in the beginning either. but there was something about the plot that made me keep watching. lol.

definitely worth the watch though.



lol ~ ok ok , since this series is kinda talked about in movies or from my friends . i should check it out .



LOL! yeah you definitely should! but rememeber keep and open mind and start from 2005... otherwise .. you wont get the references from more recent episodes (they like to reference old doctors and previous seasons sometimes)
Posted 2/27/13

pootato wrote:


yourdesire wrote:


pootato wrote:


yourdesire wrote:

lol ~ i didn't watch it ? is it really good ?


its pretty amazing. although, the first few episodes of the 2005 series... umm... really LAME and cheesy! lol. the bad guys are weird, the effects were pretty bad, and the main female char wasnt much of an eye candy in the beginning either. but there was something about the plot that made me keep watching. lol.

definitely worth the watch though.



lol ~ ok ok , since this series is kinda talked about in movies or from my friends . i should check it out .



LOL! yeah you definitely should! but rememeber keep and open mind and start from 2005... otherwise .. you wont get the references from more recent episodes (they like to reference old doctors and previous seasons sometimes)



Haha ~ ok ok , i got it : ) start from the first season : 3
112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / south wales, UK
Offline
Posted 3/4/13
I used to watch doctor who all the time but I stoppe back a few years ago when I got fed up with TV and just stopped watching anything. my friends still find it strange that I don't own a TV and are always asking "what do you do without a TV" (in case you're wondering what little TV I do watch is in japanese so all online or I do other things)

maybe what you're feeling when you stop watching the show is wander lust (something i get a lot) maybe you just need to go on an adventure of your own. maybe travel a little, explore your local area or maybe go further afield.


if you can't afford it you could always try one of the many conservation charities around the world they often pay for travel, food and acomadation (or at the very least acomadation and food) in places such as the jungles of SE asia, the barrier reef in austrailia or the african savanah (a great way to see the world cheeply and do some good while you're at it)
Posted 3/4/13
Yeah, go anywhere and come back the second you left. Yes please.
15206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / cold lake
Online
Posted 4/30/13
I wouldn't go as far as saying it ruined my life. but the massive wait between seasons the other year was really crappy and I think it made me expect to much. The ones that aired this year have been really good so far though
1293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

Drewmanfu wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as saying it ruined my life. but the massive wait between seasons the other year was really crappy and I think it made me expect to much. The ones that aired this year have been really good so far though :)


I feel as though I'm alone when I say that I don't like Steven Moffat's writing or what he's done with the series. I watch the show every week, but I am still not sure whether or not I like Matt Smith as the Doctor because of Matt's acting or because of the writing (which isn't always Moffat, but Moffat created this Doctor). I haven't liked his companions (okay, I was all right with Rory, but Amy was becoming more and more annoying as her time on the show continued. I am very glad she took her leave). I'm still not sure about Oswin, but we'll see.

I'm also one of the few people who was happy to see River "die" at the end of that Library of the Dead episode. I thought, "Oh, boy! She said the Doctor she knew had very old eyes. Eyes that had seen a lot. I suppose that means River is someone who the Doctor won't be meeting for a very long time!" and then she shows up. I dislike River. I find her to be a poor actress, weak character and... flat in character as well.

As of now, it seems Doctor Who has turned into a "Monster of the Week" television show, which is becoming more and more boring. They aren't getting into any sort of plot really. Yes, we know he wants to figure out who Oswin is, but as of now there doesn't seem to be any sort of solid plot leading towards that direction. No constant hints or random reminders of things like we have seen in the past (e.g. Bad Wolf, Oods, 4 Knocks, a crack, etc., from the reboot). I'm getting bored, so I'm hoping we get some sort of tug on the ol' fishing pole as to where the show is going this season, of if this is just a buggar around season where we sit and wonder about who Oswin is as they mess around through space and time.
15206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / cold lake
Online
Posted 5/1/13
hmmmm. I actually think i have to agree with you. I did find the new eps entertaining but they are lacking in important information on who Oswin is I'm hoping they stop beating around the bush soon. Nothing will ever compare to the 4th dr sadly.
1293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

Drewmanfu wrote:

hmmmm. I actually think i have to agree with you. I did find the new eps entertaining but they are lacking in important information on who Oswin is I'm hoping they stop beating around the bush soon. Nothing will ever compare to the 4th dr sadly.


I came across this today! I think it kind of touches on some of the topics we were talking about: http://www.hypable.com/2013/04/30/steven-moffat-doctor-who-showrunner/
15206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / cold lake
Online
Posted 5/2/13

I came across this today! I think it kind of touches on some of the topics we were talking about: http://www.hypable.com/2013/04/30/steven-moffat-doctor-who-showrunner/


Ouch is pretty much what that was. but he brought up way to many good points on Moffats short comings.

After last weeks eps I can only speculate that Oswin is some how a time lord or knows gallifreyan unless the time war book wasn't written in the time lords language, Which they stated in the show earlier that the tardis does not translate it. But who knows he might just make it a timey wimey thing......
971 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44
Offline
Posted 5/13/13 , edited 5/18/13
I agree the second half of season 7 has really dropped the ball. It's too fast paced and I have no emotional investment in Oswin. That entire scene with the book made me angry beyond belief. He could barely talk about the Time War, but all of a sudden there's a book about it randomly sitting around with his name in it? I was only okay with River knowing because we knew from the beginning she was destined to die there. I also agree that season 7 doesn't have anything tying it all together. And I'm hoping it's just the calm before the storm.
I love the way Moffat is able to tie things together, but other than that I can't wait for him to no longer be in charge. There are a lot of things that he's done that I don't like. He needs to make next season finally wrap up the 'Silence' storyline. I have a bad feeling that if you don't like River you're going to really hate where things are headed.

OP:I'm not envious of all the running.

76513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/5/13
When I was in early high school they started up a new tv station called YTV here in Canada. TV channel aimed at kids, but it didn't have a lot of it's own stuff and since they were just starting up they had to get cheap licensees for programs.

That is where I got my intro to Dr. Who. They gave it to us right from Dr. #1 and his grand daughter, with 1 episode every day after school. So I have had the pleasure of seeing every single one of the Doctors and I've been a fan for a long long time now

#4 with his scarf, hat and Jelly Babies remains my favorite but I've really been enjoying the new ones.
20504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Miami, Florida
Offline
Posted 6/8/13

-Chris311- wrote:

Watch the classic Doctor Who series whenever the new Doctor Who takes a break. The old shows are just as good as the new shows, and there are a lot more of them as well. It will take you years to watch every classic Doctor Who episode.



I maybe the odd person here, but I prefer the classic series to the new one.
Sailor Candy Moderator
165680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 12/8/13
Closed due to inactivity. Its been over 6 months and no new posts. Locked.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.