Created by caim5009zpxi
Senkaku Islands
55410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/24/12
so, Senkaku Islands. we boat to the island when we visited Mount Omoto at Ishigaki lsland. what do you think?? don't tell us that Kitadaito Island belongs to china, too. china is going to steal Taiwan anyway.
Queen Moderator
44022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/24/12
This is a pretty serious debate... Be prepared for a potential shitstorm.....

However, I feel that those small fishing islands could easily become the start of a war.
People yearn for conflict, the small protests are getting bigger, people become stupid, and things get out of hand.

Do I think it will become a war? No.
But I can't deny that it has the possibility.
Also all these fishing boats sailing at it...Really? Because a crew of fishermen TOTALLY have the authority to claim land for a country.
21028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Mid-Atlantic
Offline
Posted 10/19/12 , edited 11/22/12
I've been fuming over this issue for three months with several acquaintances. Japan claimed these islands back in 1895 and has held them since then, mind you with an almost 30 year intervention from the U.S. but they were then given back to Japan sometime around 1975+/- a year or two why didn't the Chinese and the Taiwanese fight for them then. The eight islands encompass less than 7 sq. km. of land although they have now found that the surrounding sea beds contain oil. It didn't seem to be a problem that most of the islands were privately owned by Japanese families until they wanted to sell their ownership rights. Did China or Taiwan expect to be given these islands for free? I would love to know what is or who is it who is starting these riots taking place in China because several months ago (6 or more) this issue seemed to be a nonentity. I would love to hear feedback from Asian CR members living in Asia and get their feedback!l Like MikiSayaka, I also believe this is possibly a future nightmare.
136470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/21/12
The second best poll I've come across!
55410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/12
we believe the riot are been caused by government police, dress in civilian clothes. the problem is that the government is not doing their job. if the riots can get this out of hand. just imagine the bigger riots to follow against the government.
21028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Mid-Atlantic
Offline
Posted 11/22/12

caim5009zpxi wrote:

we believe the riot are been caused by government police, dress in civilian clothes. the problem is that the government is not doing their job. if the riots can get this out of hand. just imagine the bigger riots to follow against the government.


Unfortunately, the U.S. is comprised of a population of sheep, so most of our population has no idea of anything that takes place outside of our continent. Our local and national news papers/channels do not disclose most of the world happenings or politics including our own international politics. So I would go so far as to state that probably no more than 2-3% of U.S. citizens are aware of the Senkaku Island difficulties. I had suspected that the government was instigating the riots, the average person does not go out and subject themselves to a protest that does not benefit them directly. It would be great if the Chinese ppl could use the lack of attention the government is displaying to initiate changes that are needed. Ty for the info!
48958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 11/22/12

Boganis wrote:

I've been fuming over this issue for three months with several acquaintances. Japan claimed these islands back in 1895 and has held them since then, mind you with an almost 30 year intervention from the U.S. but they were then given back to Japan sometime around 1975+/- a year or two why didn't the Chinese and the Taiwanese fight for them then. The eight islands encompass less than 7 sq. km. of land although they have now found that the surrounding sea beds contain oil. It didn't seem to be a problem that most of the islands were privately owned by Japanese families until they wanted to sell their ownership rights. Did China or Taiwan expect to be given these islands for free? I would love to know what is or who is it who is starting these riots taking place in China because several months ago (6 or more) this issue seemed to be a nonentity. I would love to hear feedback from Asian CR members living in Asia and get their feedback!l Like MikiSayaka, I also believe this is possibly a future nightmare.


You are quite infomative. Personally I did not know what Senkaku Islands were before I read your post.
21028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Mid-Atlantic
Offline
Posted 11/23/12

lalmelvin wrote:


Boganis wrote:

I've been fuming over this issue for three months with several acquaintances. Japan claimed these islands back in 1895 and has held them since then, mind you with an almost 30 year intervention from the U.S. but they were then given back to Japan sometime around 1975+/- a year or two why didn't the Chinese and the Taiwanese fight for them then. The eight islands encompass less than 7 sq. km. of land although they have now found that the surrounding sea beds contain oil. It didn't seem to be a problem that most of the islands were privately owned by Japanese families until they wanted to sell their ownership rights. Did China or Taiwan expect to be given these islands for free? I would love to know what is or who is it who is starting these riots taking place in China because several months ago (6 or more) this issue seemed to be a nonentity. I would love to hear feedback from Asian CR members living in Asia and get their feedback!l Like MikiSayaka, I also believe this is possibly a future nightmare.


You are quite infomative. Personally I did not know what Senkaku Islands were before I read your post.


A great way to keep up on the issue is through Japan's NHK network, it's broadcast over the internet in english, on the TV you might have availability to MHZ network which offers NHK news broadcasts but recently they introduced 4-6 hours of Vietnamese programming in place of 3-4 hrs. daily of Japanese broadcasts, so I stick with the internet. I view CCTV for China's side of the story but they rarely give any plausible info. To be honest I'm still shocked that this subject never made it into the public eye here considering that the U.S. government almost immediately entered into an agreement w/ Japan stating that If China engaged in any military action against the Senkaku Islands/Japan that U.S. military would immediately intervene. Not that it isn't an obligation we are bound by because of our denial of Japan to the right to have a military presence, but don't you think the U.S. public should be made aware of our governments agreements?
48958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 11/23/12

Boganis wrote:


lalmelvin wrote:


Boganis wrote:

I've been fuming over this issue for three months with several acquaintances. Japan claimed these islands back in 1895 and has held them since then, mind you with an almost 30 year intervention from the U.S. but they were then given back to Japan sometime around 1975+/- a year or two why didn't the Chinese and the Taiwanese fight for them then. The eight islands encompass less than 7 sq. km. of land although they have now found that the surrounding sea beds contain oil. It didn't seem to be a problem that most of the islands were privately owned by Japanese families until they wanted to sell their ownership rights. Did China or Taiwan expect to be given these islands for free? I would love to know what is or who is it who is starting these riots taking place in China because several months ago (6 or more) this issue seemed to be a nonentity. I would love to hear feedback from Asian CR members living in Asia and get their feedback!l Like MikiSayaka, I also believe this is possibly a future nightmare.


You are quite infomative. Personally I did not know what Senkaku Islands were before I read your post.


A great way to keep up on the issue is through Japan's NHK network, it's broadcast over the internet in english, on the TV you might have availability to MHZ network which offers NHK news broadcasts but recently they introduced 4-6 hours of Vietnamese programming in place of 3-4 hrs. daily of Japanese broadcasts, so I stick with the internet. I view CCTV for China's side of the story but they rarely give any plausible info. To be honest I'm still shocked that this subject never made it into the public eye here considering that the U.S. government almost immediately entered into an agreement w/ Japan stating that If China engaged in any military action against the Senkaku Islands/Japan that U.S. military would immediately intervene. Not that it isn't an obligation we are bound by because of our denial of Japan to the right to have a military presence, but don't you think the U.S. public should be made aware of our governments agreements?


Thanks for all the information. I will try and follow this issue and see how things develop. As far as your point about the U.S. public being made aware of the 'government agreements' I feel that there is ample information out there and it is the public's responsibility to do some research and be aware of the actions its government is taking.
21028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Mid-Atlantic
Offline
Posted 11/23/12

lalmelvin wrote:


Boganis wrote:


lalmelvin wrote:


Boganis wrote:

I've been fuming over this issue for three months with several acquaintances. Japan claimed these islands back in 1895 and has held them since then, mind you with an almost 30 year intervention from the U.S. but they were then given back to Japan sometime around 1975+/- a year or two why didn't the Chinese and the Taiwanese fight for them then. The eight islands encompass less than 7 sq. km. of land although they have now found that the surrounding sea beds contain oil. It didn't seem to be a problem that most of the islands were privately owned by Japanese families until they wanted to sell their ownership rights. Did China or Taiwan expect to be given these islands for free? I would love to know what is or who is it who is starting these riots taking place in China because several months ago (6 or more) this issue seemed to be a nonentity. I would love to hear feedback from Asian CR members living in Asia and get their feedback!l Like MikiSayaka, I also believe this is possibly a future nightmare.


You are quite infomative. Personally I did not know what Senkaku Islands were before I read your post.


A great way to keep up on the issue is through Japan's NHK network, it's broadcast over the internet in english, on the TV you might have availability to MHZ network which offers NHK news broadcasts but recently they introduced 4-6 hours of Vietnamese programming in place of 3-4 hrs. daily of Japanese broadcasts, so I stick with the internet. I view CCTV for China's side of the story but they rarely give any plausible info. To be honest I'm still shocked that this subject never made it into the public eye here considering that the U.S. government almost immediately entered into an agreement w/ Japan stating that If China engaged in any military action against the Senkaku Islands/Japan that U.S. military would immediately intervene. Not that it isn't an obligation we are bound by because of our denial of Japan to the right to have a military presence, but don't you think the U.S. public should be made aware of our governments agreements?


Thanks for all the information. I will try and follow this issue and see how things develop. As far as your point about the U.S. public being made aware of the 'government agreements' I feel that there is ample information out there and it is the public's responsibility to do some research and be aware of the actions its government is taking.

I wish I could agree with you on the existence of open information to the American public but after a lifetime existing within the surrounds of the D.C. Beltway, anyone with any intelligence is aware of the policies to control the mob, and no they do not provide information to the public for their understanding they release information to control them. And if you want to be truly aware you have to wade through inestimable amounts of information from all over the globe to start to begin to understand how things work. Most people do not have the time nor the interest. But follow this story it is a very interesting. Another story you might also watch in the future will be the happenings between China and India with regards to H2O. Most people are not aware that the primary reason China took over Tibet, which was for the water rights from the Himalayas. The Himalayan water feeds India and China is planning on constructing aqueducts to divert the H2O to China.
14355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 3/12/13
Def Japan.
One Punch Mod
85881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/18/13
Forum cleaning. Clearing out threads which have been inactive for more than 6 months.

locked and closed
You must be logged in to post.