First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Mysterious Girlfriend X 2nd Season
28903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ten Miles SE of M...
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
I had read in late june or july that Riich, author of Mysterious Girlfriend X, that he was working on season 2 to be released in October, Since, i have not been able to find anything else beyond that tip of news.
The next 12 episodes would cover "From the Manga if followed", where Imai Momoka swaps places with Urabe, and Tsubaki is clueless to what is going on.
anyone else hear anything?
dave
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/25/12 , edited 11/5/14
I see no mention of season two of nazo no kanojo X in the twitterverse.
79737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
Certainly not October of this year. October of next year is a different story.

I've read that, in general, it takes about 6 months to make a 1 cour anime. If we haven't heard about a second season by now, then it won't be ready for the Fall season, and likely not for the 2013 Winter season either.
61493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

deadpanditto wrote:

Certainly not October of this year. October of next year is a different story.

I've read that, in general, it takes about 6 months to make a 1 cour anime. If we haven't heard about a second season by now, then it won't be ready for the Fall season, and likely not for the 2013 Winter season either.

It's worse than that! It takes 6 months to make a single, 22 minute episode of anime!

source: ANN's Answerman Column
In answer to a question that basically said, and I paraphrase: "I really like the 1-hour cable dramas like "Mad Men". Why don't anime companies make 1-hour shows?"

I think, logistically, the biggest problem is simply time. Rough ballpark estimate, it takes approximately 6 months or more to make your average 22-minute anime episode, from script to final color animation.

Of course, the staff works on more than one episode at a time, but from first ink to broadcast it takes 6 months for just one episode.

[The funny part about that question is that the guy asking thought it would cut down on production costs to do 1-hour shows instead of half-hour. I guess, thinking about it in regards to live-action, you might think that, but twice the time for animation probably more than doubles the production costs! It isn't just time spent filming and stuff...]
28903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ten Miles SE of M...
Offline
Posted 10/1/12 , edited 10/1/12
Anime news network posted that it will be in october 2013, and for those that follow the Manga, (ME) Chapter 70 was released today, with Imao Momoka showing up at the "Mysterious Movie screening...." think i spelled that right.

http://www.mangareader.net/mysterious-girlfriend-x/70/2
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/1/12

JindgMikuriya wrote:

Anime news network posted that it will be in october 2013, and for those that follow the Manga, (ME) Chapter 70 was released today, with Imao Momoka showing up at the "Mysterious Movie screening...." think i spelled that right.

http://www.mangareader.net/mysterious-girlfriend-x/70/2


Can't find the link on ANN but that's great news! Will check twitter...

I am up to volume 9 but if I need fillers I may pick up some copies of afternoon.
28903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ten Miles SE of M...
Offline
Posted 10/2/12
I am sorry all, i posted my last thinking I could find the post where I read this, i can not find it.
please forgive me if i am wrong.
I have to all different news sites and throughout ann looking for this particular post, its like it has dissapeared, I had found it shortly after the last episode of mysterious girlfriend x was shown for the first time. so I started there looking for it. no luck


On that note, i think a live action mysterious girlfriend X would be easier to make than a anime. would be interesting i think to see it produced.
david
30303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 10/2/12
yeah it would be awesome to get a second season. hopfully we wont have to wait to long. i the meentime il start checking out the manga.
49355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/2/12
Who cares when!? As long as its "soon" and it happens!
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/2/12

JindgMikuriya wrote:

I am sorry all, i posted my last thinking I could find the post where I read this, i can not find it.
please forgive me if i am wrong.
I have to all different news sites and throughout ann looking for this particular post, its like it has dissapeared, I had found it shortly after the last episode of mysterious girlfriend x was shown for the first time. so I started there looking for it. no luck


On that note, i think a live action mysterious girlfriend X would be easier to make than a anime. would be interesting i think to see it produced.
david


Sad to say I cannot find any confirmation back to just hope and pray...
18387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Homeless
Offline
Posted 10/2/12
Chances there will be no season 2 because is bombing so hard in DVD/Blu-ray sells
3,588 Nazo no Kanojo X Vol. 1 (Both DVD & Blu-ray)
25530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cape Breton,Nova...
Offline
Posted 10/2/12
Actually we would have to wait for the american release to know for sure, im definitely buying season one.
31518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Twins City
Offline
Posted 10/2/12

Anti-Koan wrote:

Chances there will be no season 2 because is bombing so hard in DVD/Blu-ray sells
3,588 Nazo no Kanojo X Vol. 1 (Both DVD & Blu-ray)


That's sad, man. That's one of my favorite new shows. If it's bombing that hard in Japan, we may not see a DVD/Blu-ray release here, let alone a second season.

26597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nestled between e...
Offline
Posted 10/2/12
If that is truly the case...then that's amazing.
I would love to the see the Momoka parts!
Those are the most fun sections of the manga by far.

But sadly, I know that NazoX is probably not going anywhere beyond further OAD/OVAs at this point.
Maybe some manga chapter OVA content might help jump start things, but the reception has been mixed.
The Wise Wizard
99871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 10/2/12

mrbraddock12 wrote:
That's sad, man. That's one of my favorite new shows. If it's bombing that hard in Japan, we may not see a DVD/Blu-ray release here, let alone a second season.

No worries about getting at least a DVD release in the United States. Sentai announced a home video release of the series when they announced the license back in April.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.