First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
Post Reply Shinsekai Yori Discussions
59650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

icecreamsnow wrote:
Admittedly I'm several episodes behind on this but





That's a very good question. Considering nothing has gone to waste in this show, what you describe is certainly a possibility.
18024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/13 , edited 2/20/13

mipegg wrote:

I wonder, has tomiko told saki how to use that trick of hers yet?



! Not sure what episode, I believe they were 14 years old. She's able to repair her telemeres(?) which gives her cells the ability to continue to duplicate after they should have stopped. She also said that the power to do so was similar to mending a broken vase, Saki's usual school assignment. :3
30078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Washington state,...
Offline
Posted 2/23/13
Wow this series is amazing. And totally depressing. Everything has played out as I expected, but it's like wanting to watch a train wreck. I can't remember an anime I've enjoyed more, and been more upset about at the same time.
21752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/26/13
So we finally confirm the identity of the orge. What an ambition of Yakomaru.
It is striking me that we are near the end and many people are still misunderstanding the Death of Shame when suggesting suicide attacks.
Posted 2/26/13 , edited 2/26/13
it only hit me this week that Maria and Mamoru are confirmed dead...
up until this week i always thought that there was a way they may have got away, or that Squeara managed to fake the bones really well.

it hurts to be faced with the truth

NO MARIA! WHY!?!!?

FUCK YOU SQUEARA YOU PIECE OF SHIT MONSTER RAT BASTARD!
villian of the year.
45933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 2/26/13
yep, ep 21 was pretty depressing (is depressing the right word to describe this? a feeling of hopelessness for the characters at least is what I'm trying to say) after the confirmation of who the ogre is (every one already guessed who it would be and for the most part were right) and what Yakomaru is really planning

only 4 eps left apparently
23843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 2/26/13 , edited 2/26/13
Hmmmm. What did Saki's parents leave for her? I have my opinion...
31484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 2/26/13
Loving this show. It's been continuously intense for several episodes now, and I don't think there's going to be any let-up.

Can someone please either direct me to the episode where they explain exactly what Karmic Demons and Ogres are, or give a quick explanation here? With all that's gone on in the show, I can't remember precisely enough...
25087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mansfield, UK
Offline
Posted 2/26/13

TotalPotato wrote:

Loving this show. It's been continuously intense for several episodes now, and I don't think there's going to be any let-up.

Can someone please either direct me to the episode where they explain exactly what Karmic Demons and Ogres are, or give a quick explanation here? With all that's gone on in the show, I can't remember precisely enough...


episode 3 and 4 mainly but 10 and 12 give some good insights I do believe
49050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 2/26/13 , edited 2/26/13

shaunj07 wrote:

Hmmmm. What did Saki's parents leave for her? I have my opinion...


Afraid he will appear if you say his name, a demon summoned to your presence to kill you? Honestly, even knowing what happens (have the novels) the anime is still spooky as $#!^

23843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 2/26/13

hpulley wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:

Hmmmm. What did Saki's parents leave for her? I have my opinion...


Afraid he will appear if you say his name, a demon summoned to your presence to kill you? Honestly, even knowing what happens (have the novels) the anime is still spooky as $#!^



Haha! Well played! :D

Thanks for not spoiling anything to me even in the spoiler part. I always wonder what will happen when I hear Saki narrating in an older voice. Makes me wonder even more what will happen. I do have a question tho. I noticed on anime news network, Btoom! GN 1 will be released in 2 weeks but I dislike admitting I don't know the difference between a manga volume and a graphic novel. But, I'm here to chase away my ignorance. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
21752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/26/13
Death of Shame is one of the things that let to their destruction, but sadly many people watching this anime don't know how it works and how the orge can bypass it.
23907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 2/26/13 , edited 2/26/13
That kid was really creepy, the plot for this anime has developed wonderfully. Episode by episode, it just keeps on getting better and better and there are sooo many plot twists and unexpected outcomes. I have so much love for the author of this novel and the people who are making this anime. This should be an all time classic. I'm surprised however that this novel didn't get that much attention internationally, it's just sooo good!

Also, on a side note/question, can someone explain to me how the ogre is able to bypass the shame of death?
49050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 2/26/13

shaunj07 wrote:

Thanks for not spoiling anything to me even in the spoiler part. I always wonder what will happen when I hear Saki narrating in an older voice. Makes me wonder even more what will happen. I do have a question tho. I noticed on anime news network, Btoom! GN 1 will be released in 2 weeks but I dislike admitting I don't know the difference between a manga volume and a graphic novel. But, I'm here to chase away my ignorance. Any help would greatly be appreciated.


Same thing, graphic novel is a manga volume. BTOOOM! Was licensed so that will be the first English volume. Volume ten is out in Japanese.
23843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 2/26/13

hpulley wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:

Thanks for not spoiling anything to me even in the spoiler part. I always wonder what will happen when I hear Saki narrating in an older voice. Makes me wonder even more what will happen. I do have a question tho. I noticed on anime news network, Btoom! GN 1 will be released in 2 weeks but I dislike admitting I don't know the difference between a manga volume and a graphic novel. But, I'm here to chase away my ignorance. Any help would greatly be appreciated.


Same thing, graphic novel is a manga volume. BTOOOM! Was licensed so that will be the first English volume. Volume ten is out in Japanese.


Ah ok. Thanks.
First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.