First  Prev  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next  Last
Post Reply Shinsekai Yori Discussions
17774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Online
Posted 3/6/13

hpulley wrote:


MountainMew wrote:

This episode had some pretty great animation early on. I miss that lovely animation. Most of the episode is at least well shot, with nice angles and lighting. Really, everything about this episode was just lovely to watch, despite that ~quality~ still hangin' around.


Sadly it is selling under 600 copies per volume including my copy of each one so far. This is so far from break even that it makes me sad but I have shown my appreciation anyways, bought these novels and another six by the same author that I haven't read yet but he has his royalties already. Least I can do...

So far I think episode ten is still my favorite but I hope the last few surpass it. Ten is the last one I have on Bluray for a few weeks (11-13 later this month) so I may still change my mind...


I'd buy the blurays if I had money for importing. Sadly, at the moment I don't. But I do hope it sells more copies, at least to make up for the loss. It's nice to see something different like Shin Sekai Yori, I'd like seeing A-1 taking more risks like this even if they bomb;;
I think four still takes my favourite spot, but it's a bit hard to pinpoint a favourite watching a series weekly. I'll probably have a better pick when I rewatch the series after it finishes airing.
49228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/6/13

MountainMew wrote:

I'd buy the blurays if I had money for importing. Sadly, at the moment I don't. But I do hope it sells more copies, at least to make up for the loss. It's nice to see something different like Shin Sekai Yori, I'd like seeing A-1 taking more risks like this even if they bomb;;
I think four still takes my favourite spot, but it's a bit hard to pinpoint a favourite watching a series weekly. I'll probably have a better pick when I rewatch the series after it finishes airing.


They are silly expensive but even at this price they'd need to sell 3000 copies of each to break even and there is no way that will happen now and it will be a sizable loss unless novel sales can possibly offset it. You can tell with anime how well a series will do from the first volume pre order numbers; it is all downhill after that. Somehow this series didn't capture the attention of the buying otaku for the most part. Too many popular series this fall, very crowded market with Jojo, Chuunibyou, To Love Ru, Little Busters and surprise top selling series Girls Und Panzer.
47 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/6/13 , edited 3/6/13

935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/13
So can anyone who's read the novel spoil what the deal with Kiromaru is for me?
47 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/13
47 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/13 , edited 3/10/13
Hi look at that:

https://yande.re/post/show/247064/asahina_satoru-kojima_takashi-shinsekai_yori-watan

apparently it's an official article and it's says "the love that is blooming between the two" (Saki and Satoru) so... what does that tell us about the final two episodes?
17774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Online
Posted 3/11/13

drdr49 wrote:

Hi look at that:

https://yande.re/post/show/247064/asahina_satoru-kojima_takashi-shinsekai_yori-watan

apparently it's an official article and it's says "the love that is blooming between the two" (Saki and Satoru) so... what does that tell us about the final two episodes?


I sure hope that doesn't imply they're going to be forcing a rushed romance between Saki and Satoru in just two episodes.
13789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 3/11/13
I can't believe
46189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 3/12/13
episode 23

what is going on here?! Σ(゜ロ゜;)



2 weeks to go till the finale
49228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/12/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

episode 23

what is going on here?! Σ(゜ロ゜;)



2 weeks to go till the finale


Yes, just two more episodes.

mipegg 
19396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 3/12/13
Oh holy cow this episode. The ending, lolwut. Is my prediction from months back going to come true?
23851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 3/12/13
Finally!!!
17774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Online
Posted 3/12/13

hpulley wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

episode 23

what is going on here?! Σ(゜ロ゜;)



2 weeks to go till the finale


Yes, just two more episodes.



49228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/12/13 , edited 3/12/13

MountainMew wrote:


hpulley wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

episode 23

what is going on here?! Σ(゜ロ゜;)



2 weeks to go till the finale


Yes, just two more episodes.







Oh and it is funny about Rito2Ru's comment there with some greek letters. In the Japanese novel when they speak Queerat to make it unintelligible for Japanese readers they use random greek characters so Rito2Ru is unknowingly speaking Queerat LOL
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13
Hi, I just marathoned the 23 episodes and.....one word that sums this show up is... EPIC!!!!!!!!!!
One of the best I've ever seen, can't wait til the next episode.
First  Prev  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.