First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Important, Lets Pray for peace at east. and why you should.
39217 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Springfield, Oreg...
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

ShiverGirl wrote:

I think we should worry if China goes into war because well, they make everything and soon as they stop...well hello chaos!


Well, they don't quite make "everything". But your point is still valid. It would definitely cause some chaos for a while.

However, think about this: would it not also support many economies world wide by forcing them to begin producing their own goods yet again?

Using the United States as an example, a very large majority of our production business has begun to go to foreign countries recently. China being one of (if not THE) most common country we export too.

If China were to suddenly stop producing all of these things for us, would it not maybe force many of the corporate businesses in the US to consider re-opening shop here at home again? (However, I am aware that it's equally likely that they may just relocate to some other foreign country instead. -shrug-)

Just some food for thought. =P


gaara579 wrote:

Pray? Sorry im atheist, its not my problem.


Are you stupid?

This is my problem with so many "atheists" out there. You, sir, are no better than the religious evangelists that you choose to scorn so much, and for no reason.

Did you maybe consider for even a second that the OP's point wasn't to piss off atheists? Or to try and be rude to non-religious folk? Did you maybe think that the OP is just concerned about this topic, and that he's asking other people to aware/concerned about it as well?

Sure, maybe the OP is religious, and he chooses to pray for this matter. So what? Does that really mean you have to be so asinine as to completely disregard the OP's original topic (the concern for the issue between Japan/China), just to make some ridiculous statement that you're an atheist?

It's pathetic. Really, it is.


9ttrillion wrote:

Time to enlist! We must preserve the sanctity of anime! :P


I'd enlist for that! =P

Okay, maybe not for anime's sake alone. But I would definitely consider it for the sake of helping Japan.

I don't have any particular problem with China, but if they choose to start being a bully, that will be a problem.


mystic17 wrote:

That's the reason you want people to pray, just for the sake of anime? Not for China to stop killing baby girls for the one child a household law, or for both countries to stop feuding over pointless reasons?


...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy

That policy (at least from an off-hand perspective, as I've never lived in China, so I have no personal experience with it), isn't really as bad as it sounds to so many foreign people.

You have to remember that China's population is totally insane, housing approximately 19% of the entire world's known population. That is to say that China houses an approximated 1,344,130,000 of the world's almost 7 billion people (6,973,738,433 to be exact).

Can you even imagine that amount of people? To give a little perspective, the United States has a rough population of 311,591,917.

China literally has 4 times (and some change) the population of the United States.

If anything, I think they were kind of smart for choosing to try and stifle their population growth before it got completely out of hand.

The problem you run into is that because of the cultural customs in China that revolve around marriage, a daughter is considered "undesirable" due to the fact that the daughter-to-be-married's family usually offers some form of a dowry to the groom's family.

You don't as often see the issue of female infanticide in the "upper classes" there, as they can generally afford this dowry. However, in the less fortunate areas of China, where financial issues are a bigger problem, you see the social issues you are referring too.

However, the last time I read up on this subject, these problems have become less pronounced in recent years. -shrug-

I'm no expert though. I'm sure there are areas of what I've said that are probably faulty or have changed. It's been some time since the last time I checked into this issue. I'm kind of curious now (Just thought of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNVDRR6U3hg. Hahaha. Chitanda<3)


/massivePost
Posted 9/27/12 , edited 9/27/12

ShiverGirl wrote:

I think we should worry if China goes into war because well, they make everything and soon as they stop...well hello chaos!


actually no.

Everything that China makes can be made elsewhere, the point of going to China is to get it done for 1/10th the price it would normally cost.
People want to fix this global mess the world economy is in... one of the first MAJOR steps is STOP outsourcing jobs to China.
We have to create a stable working environment and bring back jobs to our OWN countries.
The problem is companies are too damn money hungry and would rather take the easy route.
China has become a world super power in the last few decades but ANY country can do that when the very foundation of your country is "CHEAP"
8782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
Japan = Earth Federation, China = Principality of Zeon?

I want to see Gundam fights dammit!
Posted 9/27/12
Preaching the words of a so called "God" has done nothing but harm to the world.
202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

Aoidos wrote:

what in the world is so important in those islands?
It's like China, Taiwan and Japan are all claiming it.

China does seem to be greedy tho


In the vicinity of the islands there's good fishing and, according to the EIA, oil/natural gas (with proven and probable reserves) estimated at 60-100 million barrels and 1-2 trillion cubic ft respectively. Not very large amounts but there hasn't been much exploration so some other estimates have been much higher, particularly for natural gas. China and Japan are both importers of natural gas, with China expecting an increase in consumption. However, I suspect it's the more intangible reasons for which countries are trying to solidify ownership.

I'm not sure how tense things really are though; the countries stand to lose a lot if the issue escalates too far.
24805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Konoha
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
Wow, look at all these haters, haha.
I'LL pray with you WikO.
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
I'll pray asap. War shouldn't always be the answer when it comes to obtaining peace.
Posted 9/27/12
Someone should start a religious debate up in here, those are always fun.
Posted 9/27/12

karmacide wrote:

Someone should start a religious debate up in here, those are always fun.


Don't you worry; the seeds have already been planted. It's only a matter of time before they sprout.

I now leave you with this video:

http://youtu.be/E15IC3YKv8g
100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Heaven
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
alright... let's pray....
67201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

gaara579 wrote:

Pray? Sorry im atheist, its not my problem.


Q: If you are atheist, why do you care if someone believes in something you consider fictional and non consequential?

Q2: If you disagree with someone's action when it has no affect upon you what-so-ever, why must you point out to the world that it is not something you would do?

Q3: How do happenings in the world about you not affect you? Do you know anyone in the military? Do you have any friends that know anyone that are in the military? And knowing them do you still not care about the middle east and places where your friends or friends friends are being shot at and killed?

Your fellow countrymen are being shot at and killed, and you not only don't care about what is happening over there, you also seem to think it has nothing to do with you! How much do you pay in taxes every year? Do you want that money going to support a war you don't give a damn about? Do you know why we even are fighting over there?

Not that it's my place to answer those questions, you should grow the hell up and find them out for yourself.
27508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Online
Posted 9/27/12
MUST..PRAY... MUST.. NOT..LOSE.. PRECIOUS.. ANIME!
3328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/27/12 , edited 9/27/12

gaara579 wrote:

Pray? Sorry im atheist, its not my problem.


then you shouldn't have posted here.. who cares if you're an atheist!
66784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
Hmm...War between China and Japan? Well, given the fact that a US Navy battlegroup has more ships then most countries has entire ships in their Navys...lol. If anything, a pre-emptive strike on Japan anything would be met with swift action. Considering the 24 hour survillance, we'd prolly see it coming. (Increase in comm traffic, shifting of air and sea power)....

The only fear would be a "volume by fire" strat from China. They can't go toe to toe with a combined Japanese/American fleet, so they would just throw cruise missiles en mass at Naval Forces...loss would occur on our side...but, it would prolly end there. Any kind of ground attack would be crazy, by either side...

It would be nothing more then a few skirmishes, loss of life on both sides, and then everyone apologizes for something or another.
3328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/28/12

AsuraCryin wrote:

Preaching the words of a so called "God" has done nothing but harm to the world.


do you really intend to say that God hasn't done anything but harm to the world? another atheist indeed.
I dont know what u guys believe or what u r living for..but i believe it would be best if you shouldn't have joined this forum.., please do have a little respect with everyone's religious views..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.