First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Two-Faced People
3010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
Reading this made me feel really sad, I don't know if I feel sorry for you, or if its guilt. But i've been on both ends of the type of thing you are talking about. Me getting ignored, thats not important. But there was this one lad last year who used to hang around with us, but a few of us didn't get along with him too much, in fact one 1 person really did. Its not like we had anything against the guy, it was just a clash of personalities so to speak.
But what i'm trying to say is, it might not be something like appearance, or smells for that matter. And it doesn't matter if your not a social reject, the guy in my story had friends from his past schools and colleges. (I'm british college is 16-18 here) But his personality was just completly different. It could be something simple like that, they ignore you because they don't understand how to go about talking to you.
48105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 9/27/12 , edited 9/27/12
Eh... I'm not as bad about it as I used to be. I feel like I am a lot more confident than I was a couple years ago. Still, you get treated like this most of your life it becomes ingrained.


WiseOgre wrote:

Reading this made me feel really sad, I don't know if I feel sorry for you, or if its guilt. But i've been on both ends of the type of thing you are talking about. Me getting ignored, thats not important. But there was this one lad last year who used to hang around with us, but a few of us didn't get along with him too much, in fact one 1 person really did. Its not like we had anything against the guy, it was just a clash of personalities so to speak.
But what i'm trying to say is, it might not be something like appearance, or smells for that matter. And it doesn't matter if your not a social reject, the guy in my story had friends from his past schools and colleges. (I'm british college is 16-18 here) But his personality was just completly different. It could be something simple like that, they ignore you because they don't understand how to go about talking to you.


Wise Ogre is wise... I actually had never thought of that.
3010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
Glad I could help, personally, just move on, unless there is a reason for talking to them like something you can gain from it, or someone you like, its not worth your time. Its better to be hated for everything you are than to be loved for something you are not.
9125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

Eh... I'm not as bad about it as I used to be. I feel like I am a lot more confident than I was a couple years ago. Still, you get treated like this most of your life it becomes ingrained.


WiseOgre wrote:

Reading this made me feel really sad, I don't know if I feel sorry for you, or if its guilt. But i've been on both ends of the type of thing you are talking about. Me getting ignored, thats not important. But there was this one lad last year who used to hang around with us, but a few of us didn't get along with him too much, in fact one 1 person really did. Its not like we had anything against the guy, it was just a clash of personalities so to speak.
But what i'm trying to say is, it might not be something like appearance, or smells for that matter. And it doesn't matter if your not a social reject, the guy in my story had friends from his past schools and colleges. (I'm british college is 16-18 here) But his personality was just completly different. It could be something simple like that, they ignore you because they don't understand how to go about talking to you.


Wise Ogre is wise... I actually had never thought of that.


I can be a social outcast every now and then. I say things and people look at me like "What the fu.. You ass!" And they generally stop talking to me. But I get over it. I have other friends, ones that know the type of person I am.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
If this is a group of guy friends, it might just be because they're guys. I know in my group of friends, we razz on each other a lot, and a little hazing is encouraged. We don't take it too far, but it's definitely not what you would say hugs and kisses everywhere. But when things are serious, we do care and exhibit concern for one another.

If this isn't the case, then I say cut your losses and just move on. Find people who you genuinely enjoy to spend time with, who also genuinely love to have you around. Find a group where you can feel comfortable and be yourself, rather than constantly sensing the need to "prove your worth" to belong in the posse.

Life's too short to be spent on people who mean nothing to you and who you mean nothing to.
Banned
33793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 9/28/12


Ha, you of all people, posting in a thread about two-faced people. That's so good.
Posted 9/28/12
what happened to people just ignoring and not caring what others think of them
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/29/12

CarboKill wrote:

Ha, you of all people, posting in a thread about two-faced people. That's so good.


Why you mad tho?

41081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 9/29/12
play the game, and outwit them if possible
23907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cocoon
Offline
Posted 9/29/12
Just don't give a shit what people say or do to you, if anybody gives you a hard time, just round house kick them in the throat.
31119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 9/29/12 , edited 9/29/12
I don't think having personal friendships with coworkers in a professional work environment works at all.
Posted 9/29/12
Just a thought...
They are not the only group of people that you can hang out with. Infact you do not need a group of people just to acknowledge your presence and that you belong. One can be happy even when you only hang out with just one individual as a friend and consider you as one despite what weather it is rather than you got a bunch that so called friends and then completely ENDS as quickly as it started
Posted 10/15/12
Well cant always take everyone at face value or 1st impressions
Posted 10/15/12
I think we all have some sort of duality about us. People constantly change and they put up different fronts to deal with different situations. I think it's natural that people are two-faced but, at the same time, it's no really good to be so much so that you hurt people around you constantly. A fine line, really.
13979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 20.0167° N, 155.6...
Offline
Posted 10/15/12
wow a post just for me
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.