First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
Post Reply CR to Launch Streaming App on XBox
11106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Humboldt County Ca
Offline
Posted 10/8/12
meh..., i like Linux Sue me.
50176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/8/12
About time thank you CR!
18677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Pittsburgh, PA
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
I really want this app.... _| ̄|○

tonight with me and my insomnia, it would be perfect with it.. *deep sigh*
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Where?
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
This would save me time of starting up my laptop just to watch anime on CR.
39117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

Ninja671 wrote:

Finally! Get to watch anime on he big screen! Thanks Crunchyroll! Lookin forward to it.


r u stupid or something my 32" tv is my computer monitor
The Wise Wizard
76112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

RamboBashir wrote:r u stupid or something my 32" tv is my computer monitor

While I have my 37" HDTV attached to a dedicated computer, I don't go around assuming everyone has that setup.

For most people, watching streaming video from their computer on an HDTV would mean stringing an HDMI cable across the floor every time they want to view something, or worse, a VGA cable + audio cable, or placing their computer in close proximity of the TV (which might be a bit cumbersome for someone that doesn't have a notebook).

Even with that setup, I prefer watching video on my Roku, as long as it doesn't involve a substantial tradeoff in quality (i.e., I only watch 480p CR programs on my Roku, while I still use my computer for anything at CR offering 720p).
28097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
Seriously i cant wait anylonger!

... ... Head Explodes!
4581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Heaven
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
Yes! Now I can check that off my "It finally happened!" list!
22993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lichfield, UK
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
Recently got an email off microsoft that said a system update was coming soon.
Wonder if that means crunchyroll will be releasing as part of it.
39117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/12 , edited 10/13/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


RamboBashir wrote:r u stupid or something my 32" tv is my computer monitor

While I have my 37" HDTV attached to a dedicated computer, I don't go around assuming everyone has that setup.

For most people, watching streaming video from their computer on an HDTV would mean stringing an HDMI cable across the floor every time they want to view something, or worse, a VGA cable + audio cable, or placing their computer in close proximity of the TV (which might be a bit cumbersome for someone that doesn't have a notebook).

Even with that setup, I prefer watching video on my Roku, as long as it doesn't involve a substantial tradeoff in quality (i.e., I only watch 480p CR programs on my Roku, while I still use my computer for anything at CR offering 720p).


i use my tv as monitor my gaming pc is on a shelf under my 360 and above my cable/ at&t box i use wireless slick keyboard and mouse and my headset cord is stapled to my ceiling and all i use is hdmi
10030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/12
has any one heard if there is a release date for cr on xbox
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Where?
Offline
Posted 10/16/12
My head is still growing while waiting.
19533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Yohohoho! Some of us don't have that big TV's. Biggest one I have is a 42. So far >:)
27071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/20/12
Well, I suppose that means I have to pull the old Xbox live membership out of retirement and dust off the cobwebs.

I hope that it has full video availability, unlike the hulu app. With hulu plus on xbl, the video choices are limited for some reason.
The Wise Wizard
76112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/20/12

badseeker wrote:
I hope that it has full video availability, unlike the hulu app. With hulu plus on xbl, the video choices are limited for some reason.

It is because some of the licensors to Hulu didn't give their permission in the contract terms for it to be streamed to anything other than a web browser on a computer.

Funimation runs into the same thing in a more limited fashion (i.e., one can't watch One Piece on their Roku app, or apparently their iOS or Android apps, for example).

Hulu was forced by their licensors to block access to Hulu by the Google TV web browser, and I recall Boxee Box ran into similar road blocks early on. No doubt if they had some way of detecting that a PC was attached to an HDTV (like mine is), licensors would insist they block that as well.

By contrast, both Crunchyroll and Netflix seemed to have their eyes on availability on devices from the outset, and their contracts cover that.

First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.