Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Btooom! Discussion
43401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 10/12/12

deadpanditto wrote:

The 2nd episode was better than the first. But I really dislike how rape always has to be introduced to explain a strong female character.


It does more in this anime. It explains why she is on the island. I suppose they could have made her a rival instead, have her steal the boyfriend so she is put on the list rather than inviting them over to the band's place for a bondage rape party.
53842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 10/12/12

hpulley wrote:


deadpanditto wrote:

The 2nd episode was better than the first. But I really dislike how rape always has to be introduced to explain a strong female character.


It does more in this anime. It explains why she is on the island. I suppose they could have made her a rival instead, have her steal the boyfriend so she is put on the list rather than inviting them over to the band's place for a bondage rape party.


I get why it was done, but it wasn't necessary. They could have used some other storyline to explain why she's on the island. Rape is used far too often by writers. Just look at the number of references @ tvtropes:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RapeAsBackstory

73174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Online
Posted 10/12/12
so apparently there's rape, so my guess is this is going to be a fan favorite by many, me not really a fan of rape.
43401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 10/13/12

deadpanditto wrote:


hpulley wrote:


deadpanditto wrote:

The 2nd episode was better than the first. But I really dislike how rape always has to be introduced to explain a strong female character.


It does more in this anime. It explains why she is on the island. I suppose they could have made her a rival instead, have her steal the boyfriend so she is put on the list rather than inviting them over to the band's place for a bondage rape party.


I get why it was done, but it wasn't necessary. They could have used some other storyline to explain why she's on the island. Rape is used far too often by writers. Just look at the number of references @ tvtropes:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RapeAsBackstory



It is used far less than some other tropes seen especially often in anime but I agree, it is a lazy writer's trick to introduce some fanservice along with he character.
9035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
Episode 1: "This seems pretty cool, an overused concept but the bomb twist might make me watch it."

Episode 2: "Rape.... Rape everywhere...."
51285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 10/13/12 , edited 10/13/12
WEll its not written in chronologically order in the manga those scene.

it was more of a recall in bits in pieces. That fat dude part is in chapter 16 of volume 3 and the rest of Himiko story is in volume 5 and the manga is more graphic especially in those scenes with her classmates. etc etc its in chapter 34. They have to dum it down or else it would be hentai.[

so far there are 9 volumes ,and around 56 chapters , so far episode 1 and 2 covered 7 /blue]
18015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Up in the clouds~
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

piabox wrote:

Episode 1: "This seems pretty cool, an overused concept but the bomb twist might make me watch it."

Episode 2: "Rape.... Rape everywhere...."

My thoughts exactly.
22012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / São Paulo, Brazil
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
So what, if you don't have the stomach, don't watch.
15475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

iashakezula wrote:

WEll its not written in chronologically order in the manga those scene.

it was more of a recall in bits in pieces. That fat dude part is in chapter 16 of volume 3 and the rest of Himiko story is in volume 5 and the manga is more graphic especially in those scenes with her classmates. etc etc its in chapter 34. They have to dum it down or else it would be hentai.[

so far there are 9 volumes ,and around 56 chapters , so far episode 1 and 2 covered 7 /blue]


oh wow that...was graphic.
8504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
i like this show. probably one of my favorite new shows of the season.

and @ episode 2 it's kind of strange how i saw that rape scene coming. but that flashback... holy crap... and the guy getting killed really brutally... hoy crap, a lot happened in episode 2!
5306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
They should have never trusted that guy after he killed the teacher. They did say they were disarming themselves but he kept his knife. I would have blown all them up in the beginning.
17040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Online
Posted 10/13/12
If i was the girl i wouldnt have trusted that fat guy, he looked creepy and weird from the beginning, especially wouldn't run away alone with him.
32194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / All the Good & Ba...
Offline
Posted 10/14/12
Nice depth look with Himiko, so far the anime is closely following the manga which is good in my book ^^
122509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 10/18/12
Episode 3



Oh, so a lot of information revealing the game and a little of Ryōta before the game is explained. Ya, that guy in the monitor is an ass and so are those soldiers. Who the hell do they think they are?!

Ah, let the game continue. It's kill or be killed.
72011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 10/18/12
and that pretty much covers the memory loss and might even account for his being a little slow on the uptake in episode 1.

gotta wonder if he got any permanent damage there.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.