First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Post Reply Pyscho-Pass Discussions
54047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 12/6/12
yeap moe .

24235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 12/7/12

theYchromosome wrote:


deadpanditto wrote:


theYchromosome wrote:

To get serious now, episode 9 was really good. I'm loving the discussions with the enforcers. It's kind of awesome that all the interesting people of the society become latent criminals. Quite the social statement, and I can't say I really disagree with it yet. Really can't wait until Makishima and Kogami start facing off a little bit. I imagine Kogami will need to wade through Cyborg before the boss battle, but hopefully this show doesn't go the usual route. At any rate, it looks like things are about to interesting.


The show is doing a great job with world building. We really learned a lot about the society and how the Sybil system changed things. Hopefully Tsunemori can keep her hue clean as she wades further into this mess.


I think that's going to be the thing to look for in the coming episodes. Like you've said, they've done a great job building an interesting world, but I think looking at the characters psyches and how they start to change with the events will be the most interesting part of the show. I get the feeling that there will be some major questions at some point that may start to cloud things up for Tsunemori, and at that point hopefully we'll get some development for her. Then there's the possibility that Kogami clears up his hue somehow, or maybe the entire Sibyl System fails. The fact that the main idea of this show centers around the measurement of mental state and personality holds so much potential for this show. Now that they are pretty much done with the world-building phase (I think), we get to see what kind of direction they go with it. Hopefully they keep up the focus on the characters, but I really can't see this series going bad unless they really screw up in some unforeseeable way.


kitsuneshoujo wrote:
Akane was certainly "moe" in her reactions to the AI, if not tsundere.


That was exactly my thought when I saw that scene. It's tough to argue that she wasn't "moe" there.


This was a great episode.

This show just keeps on taking complex issues. The CEO(aka human hunter) of the Underground Corp was asked if alright being a cyborg by the reporter.He replied arent we already using smart devices to do everyday life.That whats make this show so good.Then old school professor who dont use much techno gear but profiling.Other highlights Gino saying sorry to Kogami.And the AI hologram with Akanes fashion.But she got annoyed when the A.I. asked if she was going on a date.Then Ginos remorse about his dad and Sasayama.Such a good show and stiil reminds me of Blade Runner even more.

54047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 12/7/12 , edited 12/8/12
I am trying to get other peeps to check this anime and my other friend already caught up. Its fun talking to him but since it was his first time seeing those horrific scenes, he actually felt really sad for the victims at that girls high school.

He was telling me that it feels like he wasnt watching an animated show , he forgot it was just anime and thought it was a real series. I am glad I have someone at work I can discuss this anime. We were discussing about Akane chan character and that she is abit bubbly and naive, and the movie actress he immediately thought of was Jodie FOster , from her character in themovie Silence of the Lamb.
Interesting.

However ,my other friend cant deal with this kind of anime , too bad though.

I agree this anime does remind me of the style of work from Phillip K Dick who wrote Blade Runner, MInority Report.Total REcall,Adjustment Bureau ,Scanner Darkley.
My thoughts are more of Minority Report

I actually like the transistion episode 9. I see more emotions coming from Ko chan and even from Makishima. That smile was ....creepy
we are also getting to know Ginoza san more .

Oh yeah the rich hunter cybernetic guy has a real rifle mmmmm curious......Gun vs Dominator , sounds like a cheezy movie title lol
.
46319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 12/8/12
I like the series so far, my only gripe is Funimation's site. No offense, but it sucks.
978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/8/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:

I like the series so far, my only gripe is Funimation's site. No offense, but it sucks.
Yeah, their video player sucks big time. Why don't they be like crunchy's players?

46319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 12/8/12

Magilad wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

I like the series so far, my only gripe is Funimation's site. No offense, but it sucks.
Yeah, their video player sucks big time. Why don't they be like crunchy's players?



No only that, but I kept getting 505 Internal Server Errors all over the place. For example, I finished watching episode one of Pyscho-Pass (after fiddling with the video player), then went to continue onto the second episode. Nope, it was unavailable. Couldn't re-log back in, because it was unavailable, and refreshing the page didn't help. Naturally, I decided to wait a bit, around ten minutes. Come back, it's fine again, I fiddle with the video player, again, and watch episode two. As I click on episode three, it's unavailable. Try to re-log back in, unavailable. Next thing I know it says the website is offline. They should refurbish their website, do it over from the ground up, fix any issues in the process, and make everything pretty.
47587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 12/9/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Magilad wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

I like the series so far, my only gripe is Funimation's site. No offense, but it sucks.
Yeah, their video player sucks big time. Why don't they be like crunchy's players?



No only that, but I kept getting 505 Internal Server Errors all over the place. For example, I finished watching episode one of Pyscho-Pass (after fiddling with the video player), then went to continue onto the second episode. Nope, it was unavailable. Couldn't re-log back in, because it was unavailable, and refreshing the page didn't help. Naturally, I decided to wait a bit, around ten minutes. Come back, it's fine again, I fiddle with the video player, again, and watch episode two. As I click on episode three, it's unavailable. Try to re-log back in, unavailable. Next thing I know it says the website is offline. They should refurbish their website, do it over from the ground up, fix any issues in the process, and make everything pretty.


Agreed, their website is down half the time, it doesn't remember my login, the video quality sucks... it is a real shame that their subbing and DVD distribution means they get any shows at all IMO. Would be much better with these shows on Crunchy.

I quite enjoyed this last episode even though there wasn't much going on, setup for the next one I think.

I agree Akane was moe with her pink floating AI that is itself super moe but I like moe so I am not complaining. It wasn't out of this world moe, just a touch.

54047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 12/9/12 , edited 12/9/12
I agree their website is pretty lame and when the streaming suck , you know where viewers go.

I find some of the small scene quiet amusing. When Ko chan was waiting for Akane chan . He was escorted by a police security Droid and that droid doesnt allow him to smoke and then it try to follow him towards the car when the inspector was already present and Ko said " Nanda kora" as to say "F-off " Scenes like this are simple but very pleasing to watch. The direction is very good even for these little scenes.

The voice acting done by most of the seiyuu are top notch in my book, its almost close to a normal conversation well except for Ishida's Kagari.
47587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 12/13/12
Great episode and the next one looks even better! This show is finally hitting its stride for me. Action, suspense, music reminiscent of Blade Runner. Good stuff!
54047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 12/14/12 , edited 12/14/12
Episode 10

I was focused so much on the story that I didnt even realize that the episode was almost over ...aaaahhh its really good and its so exciting.A very well put together anime indeed.

Excellent work !!! You dont see this kind of anime made all the time......

but Ginoza is sure driving me nuts becuase he is the one thinking very illogical for a detective and I was planning on cosplaying as him becuase I can't as Akane arrrggh .

but aside from that ....Excellent episode
58090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 12/14/12

iashakezula wrote:

Episode 10

but Ginoza is sure driving me nuts becuase he is the one thinking very illogical for a detective


Me too. His grudge with Kougami is really clouding up his judgement. I wonder if it is affecting his hue?

Makishima is being especially devious this week. I guess that's to be expected since he is a criminal mastermind, after all. And with that in mind...


Overall, an exciting episode. I'm tempted to watch it again!
21787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / NY
Offline
Posted 12/14/12
I agree with the show hitting its stride. Good episode this week. The only thing that annoyed me was that Akane let Kogami walk into the trap, knowing it was a trap, and not calling for backup. Didn't they need permission from the higher ups to let enforcers out on the streets?
47587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 12/14/12

Kageru77 wrote:

I agree with the show hitting its stride. Good episode this week. The only thing that annoyed me was that Akane let Kogami walk into the trap, knowing it was a trap, and not calling for backup. Didn't they need permission from the higher ups to let enforcers out on the streets?


I am trying not to think about their complete and total lack of basic police procedures... It was ruining it for me...
21787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / NY
Offline
Posted 12/14/12

hpulley wrote:


Kageru77 wrote:

I agree with the show hitting its stride. Good episode this week. The only thing that annoyed me was that Akane let Kogami walk into the trap, knowing it was a trap, and not calling for backup. Didn't they need permission from the higher ups to let enforcers out on the streets?


I am trying not to think about their complete and total lack of basic police procedures... It was ruining it for me...


I'm glad I'm not the only one. That was like a thorn in my side the entire episode.
47587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 12/14/12

Kageru77 wrote:


hpulley wrote:


Kageru77 wrote:

I agree with the show hitting its stride. Good episode this week. The only thing that annoyed me was that Akane let Kogami walk into the trap, knowing it was a trap, and not calling for backup. Didn't they need permission from the higher ups to let enforcers out on the streets?


I am trying not to think about their complete and total lack of basic police procedures... It was ruining it for me...


I'm glad I'm not the only one. That was like a thorn in my side the entire episode.


The trouble is that basic police procedures would make several of the episodes pretty much impossible or very boring. The sloppy detective work makes it more fun
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.