First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply Robotics;Notes Discussions
9230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

chrome_mist wrote:


The voters are mostly people outside Japan.
And the good sis MAL is rarely wrong with their ratings.




Just watch it.

My expectations is still that it'll be as good as Chaos;Head, but not as great as Steins;Gate.
Chaos;Head is pretty good, imo.

IF you haven't watched Chaos;Head yet, do that before starting on this one.
There will be refrences to both S;G and C;H in this one, and you won't understand the plot if you haven't watched bother of those.
61065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / With Le~ S-Club
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

chrome_mist wrote:




I mean, is it bad?
I haven't seen the episode yet.







Well, if you're interested in answering that question, you should probably just pay attention and read this topic. A number of CR users have already posted their opinions about this show and episode so far. If you already made your mind up about the series based on the poll result you posted, then I don't really see the point in asking about it here.

In my opinion, I think you'd probably enjoy it enough... I enjoyed it, and I agree with most of the opinions you have posted on your profile (I love Hyouka, Kokoro Connect, SAO and the K-ON! movie). Frankly, why not just watch the first ep and decide for yourself? It's like 30 minutes out of your day (there isn't a full series to watch yet).

As other people have pointed out, there are also ties (both close and distant) to the other anime series Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate. Your thoughts about those two shows might govern how much you'd enjoy this series.

Liking/disliking any piece of art is ultimately a very personal experience... I've liked very popular movies and I've also loved movies that almost everyone else hates. On the flip side, I've hated movies panned by everyone else... and also hated movies loved by everyone else.

Enjoy yourself whatever you decide to do~! ^_^/

- Stevie
75348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
it is better than hyouka <- overrated indefinitely
9230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

AnimeKami wrote:

it is better than hyouka <- overrated indefinitely


Yes, muuuuuuch better xD
I've even watched the first ep of this twice. Mostly just to check how FUNI's subs are.
They're better than that other sub I watched, but that other sub isn't horrible.
I also watched the first ep again to see if I noticed some refrences to the other 2 animes, which I might have. (The pic I posted earlier).
61065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / With Le~ S-Club
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

Des85 wrote:

@TheAncientOne:
How come FUNImation can sub the OPs and EDs, and CR not?
-----------------

Might this be a refrence to S;G?

Steins;Gate Makise, Mayuri, Mad Scientist(Okabe).


Heh heh... I'd assume this is at least a nod to Steins;Gate. The combo of letters is too much to just be coincidence.

Since Kill-Ballad seems to resemble the classic robo-combat videogame Virtual On quite a bit, I'd assume STEINGMA must be a mech you can select to use (like Gunvarrel)... but in that case, I wouldn't assume the MA would stand for any specific S;G character. A couple of my thoughts:

- The name's a combo of Steins;Gate and a misspelling of the word "enigma" (a reach, I know)
- Perhaps a shortening of "Steins;Gate Machine"



- Stevie
46100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/13/12 , edited 10/13/12
Every time I see someone saying something is better than x-overly-popular anime, I feel like they are posting it just to get a reaction... they might believe that, but it still feels like trolling to me.

I dont think thats too much of a reach. "enigma' is only slightly misspelled in the word STEINGMA. It could very well be Stein Enigma.
55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 10/13/12

MHtrStevie wrote:

Well, if you're interested in answering that question, you should probably just pay attention and read this topic. A number of CR users have already posted their opinions about this show and episode so far. If you already made your mind up about the series based on the poll result you posted, then I don't really see the point in asking about it here.

In my opinion, I think you'd probably enjoy it enough... I enjoyed it, and I agree with most of the opinions you have posted on your profile (I love Hyouka, Kokoro Connect, SAO and the K-ON! movie). Frankly, why not just watch the first ep and decide for yourself? It's like 30 minutes out of your day (there isn't a full series to watch yet).

As other people have pointed out, there are also ties (both close and distant) to the other anime series Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate. Your thoughts about those two shows might govern how much you'd enjoy this series.

Liking/disliking any piece of art is ultimately a very personal experience... I've liked very popular movies and I've also loved movies that almost everyone else hates. On the flip side, I've hated movies panned by everyone else... and also hated movies loved by everyone else.

Enjoy yourself whatever you decide to do~! ^_^/

- Stevie


Well said.






AnimeKami wrote:

it is better than hyouka <- overrated indefinitely




I mean, the first episode was good.
But it wasn't even near as good of Hyouka's worst episode.
And to think it was made by the same people who made S;G (the VN).
So disappointing. I'll just hope it won't be Chaos;Head 2.0.




--------------

Episode 1.

It was good. The animation was satisfactory, although nowhere near S;G's beauty.
The two main characters introduced were..... ummm... just okay. The girl is too noisy.
The concept is cute. Very futuristic.

Will keep watching for the red haired guy. He's cool.


55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 10/13/12 , edited 10/13/12

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

Every time I see someone saying something is better than x-overly-popular anime, I feel like they are posting it just to get a reaction... they might believe that, but it still feels like trolling to me.



Yes I mean.
He obviously can't stop talking about Hyouka.
He is so bothered by it for some reason it's getting pathetic.
Like gorl, if you don't like it, you don't like it.
No need to keep mentioning its name more than you do your own faves.





46100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
It's the first episode, I won't be de-star-ring the episode until a few episode more. Claiming is series sucks on the first episode is basically judging a book by its cover.
33192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / All the Good & Ba...
Offline
Posted 10/14/12
A nice 1st episode, the cast is interesting enough to keep me hook. Wonder why people bash on Hyouka so much for the boredom when in my opinion what kept me coming back was not the story elements for the wonderful cast of characters. Anyway, back to Robotic;Notes... I'll continue to watch it cause I just look robots >:3
Rychy 
39363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 10/14/12 , edited 10/14/12
I enjoyed the first episode. I really really like Akiho, she's great. Didn't think much of Kaito though. Really excited to see where this goes.

I wish our tablet / phone devices were as advanced as theirs' are. lol.
46100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/14/12 , edited 10/14/12

AnimeForDummies wrote:

A nice 1st episode, the cast is interesting enough to keep me hook. Wonder why people bash on Hyouka so much for the boredom when in my opinion what kept me coming back was not the story elements for the wonderful cast of characters. Anyway, back to Robotic;Notes... I'll continue to watch it cause I just look robots >:3


I think it is mainly Animekami that bashes on Hyouka. He seems to have a personal issue with it.

I agree with Rychy as well. I really really want that app that puts kitty ears and outfits on people! LOL
36508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 10/14/12

Des85 wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:


The voters are mostly people outside Japan.
And the good sis MAL is rarely wrong with their ratings.




Just watch it.

My expectations is still that it'll be as good as Chaos;Head, but not as great as Steins;Gate.
Chaos;Head is pretty good, imo.

IF you haven't watched Chaos;Head yet, do that before starting on this one.
There will be refrences to both S;G and C;H in this one, and you won't understand the plot if you haven't watched bother of those.


I have seen S;G buti have never seen C;H. but i loved the first episode of R;N but as the show goes on do you think it will be essential for me to have watched C;H?
9230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 10/14/12

animewatcher311 wrote:

I have seen S;G buti have never seen C;H. but i loved the first episode of R;N but as the show goes on do you think it will be essential for me to have watched C;H?


You will most likely enjoy R;N without having watched C;H.
BUT people who have watched both C;H and S;G will enjoy it even more.
I'm sure the plot will refrence to C;H, it already has in ep 1 so, with the "Whose eyes are those?".
137597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 10/14/12 , edited 10/14/12
I've seen that question being asked before. I watched the series in this order when I had no idea what Nitroplus even was:

1) Chaos;Head
2) Steins;Gate
3) Robotics;Notes <--- now watching

There was definitely a reference in this pilot episode of Robotics;Notes from Chaos;Head though given the ending as well as a girl that had similarity to Rimi.



There of course was another reference involving S;G as someone already pointed out.

I think it's not imperative to watch Chaos;Head but it could give you a general idea of how Nitroplus produce their series and the themes they use.

It is very hard to determine which direction this series will progress imo as I remember S;G started off sort of weak (I was almost on point of dropping the series at one point) but turned out to be ultimately one of my favorite series from 2011. I'm hoping it will head into that direction soon cause I have faith in Nitro Plus and their works.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.