First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Post Reply Say I love you Discussions
232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/19/13
i think that the ending could have been done a little more better to be honest it seemed kinda not fit for me but not sure about everyone else :/
12063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / San Antonio Texas
Offline
Posted 1/19/13
Does it really only go to episode 13? There has to be more right?
51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 1/19/13

IIKosmosII wrote:

Does it really only go to episode 13? There has to be more right?


That's it for the anime. 40 manga chapters so far.
119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Konoha
Offline
Posted 2/3/13
I hope there will be a season 2!!!
51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 2/3/13

lovessasuke wrote:

I hope there will be a season 2!!!


Me too! Chapter 39 needs to be animated, big time!
Posted 2/3/13 , edited 2/3/13

KwongColin wrote:

i think that the ending could have been done a little more better to be honest it seemed kinda not fit for me but not sure about everyone else :/


I agree. It could've been better but when comparing it to the bullcrap ending Skip Beat pulled, the last episode of 'Say I Love You' should've got a oscar lol. Two months later and it still pisses me off.
24961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 2/3/13

chase6565 wrote:


KwongColin wrote:

i think that the ending could have been done a little more better to be honest it seemed kinda not fit for me but not sure about everyone else :/


I agree. It could've been better but when comparing it to the bullcrap ending Skip Beat pulled, the last episode of 'Say I Love You' should've got a oscar lol. Two months later and it still pisses me off.


Idk, the one anime ending that I know pissed me off for a similar amount of time as you stated above was Guilty Crown. I was disappointed that episode 13 (for Say "I Love You) was it because it leaves you with no clue where the story "might" hint at. Similar to canceling a tv show w/o ever finishing the story.
Posted 2/4/13 , edited 2/4/13

shaunj07 wrote:


chase6565 wrote:


KwongColin wrote:

i think that the ending could have been done a little more better to be honest it seemed kinda not fit for me but not sure about everyone else :/


I agree. It could've been better but when comparing it to the bullcrap ending Skip Beat pulled, the last episode of 'Say I Love You' should've got a oscar lol. Two months later and it still pisses me off.


Idk, the one anime ending that I know pissed me off for a similar amount of time as you stated above was Guilty Crown. I was disappointed that episode 13 (for Say "I Love You) was it because it leaves you with no clue where the story "might" hint at. Similar to canceling a tv show w/o ever finishing the story.


Oh yeah i definitely agree lol it was a waste of a last episode. Instead of actually adding to the story it was definitely a 'filler-eque' type episode. The only reason I give it such a positive compared to Skip Beat is because Skip Beat's last episode didn't even feel like a complete episode. At least Say I love You gave a resolution to the conflict that occurred in it haha. I mean it was a complete screw you to the viewers.

24961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 2/4/13

chase6565 wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:


chase6565 wrote:


KwongColin wrote:

i think that the ending could have been done a little more better to be honest it seemed kinda not fit for me but not sure about everyone else :/


I agree. It could've been better but when comparing it to the bullcrap ending Skip Beat pulled, the last episode of 'Say I Love You' should've got a oscar lol. Two months later and it still pisses me off.


Idk, the one anime ending that I know pissed me off for a similar amount of time as you stated above was Guilty Crown. I was disappointed that episode 13 (for Say "I Love You) was it because it leaves you with no clue where the story "might" hint at. Similar to canceling a tv show w/o ever finishing the story.


Oh yeah i definitely agree lol it was a waste of a last episode. Instead of actually adding to the story it was definitely a 'filler-eque' type episode. The only reason I give it such a positive compared to Skip Beat is because Skip Beat's last episode didn't even feel like a complete episode. At least Say I love You gave a resolution to the conflict that occurred in it haha. I mean it was a complete screw you to the viewers.



I've never seen Skip Beat so I cannot comment on it but I do agree with your point about Say "I Love You." In my mind, I was saying "So, is that it?" That's I guess what I was trying to say up there. Makes me wonder if My Little Monster is going to be done as well.
Posted 2/4/13

shaunj07 wrote:


chase6565 wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:


chase6565 wrote:


KwongColin wrote:

i think that the ending could have been done a little more better to be honest it seemed kinda not fit for me but not sure about everyone else :/


I agree. It could've been better but when comparing it to the bullcrap ending Skip Beat pulled, the last episode of 'Say I Love You' should've got a oscar lol. Two months later and it still pisses me off.


Idk, the one anime ending that I know pissed me off for a similar amount of time as you stated above was Guilty Crown. I was disappointed that episode 13 (for Say "I Love You) was it because it leaves you with no clue where the story "might" hint at. Similar to canceling a tv show w/o ever finishing the story.


Oh yeah i definitely agree lol it was a waste of a last episode. Instead of actually adding to the story it was definitely a 'filler-eque' type episode. The only reason I give it such a positive compared to Skip Beat is because Skip Beat's last episode didn't even feel like a complete episode. At least Say I love You gave a resolution to the conflict that occurred in it haha. I mean it was a complete screw you to the viewers.



I've never seen Skip Beat so I cannot comment on it but I do agree with your point about Say "I Love You." In my mind, I was saying "So, is that it?" That's I guess what I was trying to say up there. Makes me wonder if My Little Monster is going to be done as well.


The last episode of this anime was so frustrating because the entire episode I was thinking; "Oh, they are going to run into each other halfway through. Have a nice little moment." But no, all that was done the whole episode was them trying to find each other and dealing with the dude's sister with her little love interest. Speaking of My Little Monster the ending of that series was done almost the EXACT same way. The only different was when the lead female character said: "There's so much more I want to say..." and then she started naming off all the characters. Kinda laughable because clearly she was begging for people to buy DvDs to lead to a second season. Both shows are very good though. Just had to include the rant for a little bit.

3515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/12/13 , edited 7/12/13
I fell in love with the series so much, which is surprising seeing as I dislike romantic/shojo series. To me, they are all SO unrealistic and they ALL turn out the same exact way. Say I Love You was different and actually realistic in some way, and the biggest thing to me was that I completely saw myself in the female characters in the show. I mean, I've never had a boyfriend and my personality is kinda like Mei's, strangers never seem to see me for me but instead see my for my flaws (my weight) like Asami with her chest, I see a lot of personality similarities between me and Aiko and we both have insecurities about our looks, I really see myself in Megumi too because like her I was and still am called ugly all the time and also with the insecurities, and I'm like Kai because I suffered from bullying as well. Besides Kai, the entire main female cast to this series really represented me pretty well. If you add up most of their personalities, insecurities, troubles, and negativity, it all matches me perfectly lol, and I like that :)

I just saw a lot of my personal life in this series...if that makes any sense lol ^^" . I just connected with every one of the characters, well except for most of the male cast seeing as they were just good characters, but the female cast and Kai I really connected with because I am just like them and in the same positions as them is some way, shape or form. I also liked how unlike every other romance/shojo series, Say I Love You actually went through the development of Mei and Yamato's already established relationship as a couple were as in normal romance/shojo series, the two main characters don't even get together until the very last episode of the series. There are a few exceptions to this, but not that many -__- The ending could have been better, but I'm glad they at least had Mei say "I love you" to Yamato at least for the last second, because that was kinda the point for the whole ending haha, heck it's the anime's title for crying out loud and Yamato had been trying to get her to say it, so I'm at least glad she said it in the end so the ending wasn't terrible to me :)

I highly enjoyed this series and it has become one of my favorites!!! Highly recommended to everyone, especially those like me because you will really relate to this series like I did
51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 7/12/13

Tomohime-chan wrote:

I highly enjoyed this series and it has become one of my favorites!!! Highly recommended to everyone, especially those like me because you will really relate to this series like I did :D

There is an OVA coming out this month in the 11th volume of the manga. I think you would really enjoy the manga if you haven't read it already as the anime only covered part of the story. The last episode was in fact an anime-only ending, the story goes much, much further. Love both!
83355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/12/13
The fault I find with this anime is, they find the smallest faults in the relationship and escalate it so much it makes really unbelievable.
mipegg 
20404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/12/13
The characters are also around 16-18 (I guess, highschool?) and in the first relationship they actually care about, I dunno about you but its not that bad of a portrayal of my first relationship for the first few months, I mean obviously there are a few things which are a bit different culturally but other than that its not too bad. Hoping the OVA does something fun.... and promises S2
51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 7/12/13

mipegg wrote:

The characters are also around 16-18 (I guess, highschool?) and in the first relationship they actually care about, I dunno about you but its not that bad of a portrayal of my first relationship for the first few months, I mean obviously there are a few things which are a bit different culturally but other than that its not too bad. Hoping the OVA does something fun.... and promises S2

Sales of the anime discs were absolutely horrible. Shojo just doesn't sell these days while stuff like UtaPri sells huge so we can say bye to shoujo romance anime for a while and HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to otome reverse harem singing shows! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.