First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply New Fall Titles: Teekyu
35466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
WHERE IS LITTLE BUSTERRSSS
48515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Fairdale, WV
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
It's official. CR sucks this season.
77810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
isn't saying that its available in both North America and Canada redundant?
25131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/11/12 , edited 10/11/12
I find this use of premium account funds a little insulting. If you cannot get something quality, save the funds for next season. But the complete disregard for Little Busters by every company which could license it is especially insulting.
55372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
Looks cute and fun. Thank you for this series Crunchyroll.
56311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/11/12 , edited 10/11/12

johnlathorp wrote:

I find this use of premium account funds insulting. If you cannot get something quality, save the funds for next season. But the complete disregard for Little Busters by every company which could license it is especially insulting.


I'm curious as to why everyone is going so crazy over Little Busters... sure I said in my own post I'd like the last title they get to be that one, or 2 others I'm interested in.

I certainly wouldn't say I find it "insulting" that someone hasn't picked it up yet, or base my whole opinion of the Fall lineup based on that titles absence as many seem to be doing... I mean LB looks interesting, but CR has about as good of a lineup as they usually do, the only thing really missing is one more solid full length show, such as LB, Suki-tte or JoJo, and i would have hoped that they would have gotten at least one of the noitaminA shows on top of other stuff.

There is still one more box, and I'm sure CR is already in negotiations for whatever show that may be, and no amount of complaining is going to magically make it Little Busters... so maybe everyone should learn what patience is and wait and see what's going to happen.
22618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Midwest, USA
Offline
Posted 10/11/12

Zhemos88 wrote:

It's official. CR sucks this season.


What I'm starting to think.

"From the New World" is pretty nice so far, but I have a feeling it will have a disappointing end.

"Blast of Tempest" seems ok, but its by Bones so we know its going to have a disappointing ending.

"My Little Monster" has its problems, but romantic drama is my fave genre; however, I am worried by the direction the show is taking (geuss I will just have to wait and see).

Watching the first episode of "Ixion Saga DT" was worth the lol's, but nothing else.

"BTOOOM!" feels like its going to be another "Future Diary"

"Hayate No Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You" was ok'ish, but won't be watching more.

"Magi" had an interesting first episode, but don't have high expectations.

"GIRLS und PANZER" looks dumb. Have yet to watch an episode yet, though.

"The Pet Girl of Sakurasou" surpassed the rock-bottom expectations I had for it with its first episode (while the main female character still sucks, the other characters are surprisingly interesting), and I will be watching a second episode; however, I still have extreamly low exspecatitions for a show that advertises itself as having a "pet girl" who is "bankrupt of the ability to live on her own" and "can't even pick out her own underwear, let alone put them on." Also, it would have been much better if the main male character had something off about him too .

As for "Teekyu," it looks boring.


I want my "Humanity has Declined" and "Kokoro Connect" back! T_T

And... WHERE IS LITTLE BUSTERS?!
68868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/11/12

munchthis wrote: isn't saying that its available in both North America and Canada redundant?

Yes it is. I asked back when they listed United States and Canada up front for one, and North and South America at the end ...

... the answer is they have to print exactly the region list it says in the contract. They are not allowed to edit it to eliminate redundancy or expand it to clarify regions that could be confusing.
20234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Nevada
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
im surprised nobody but me wants to see seitokai no ichizon season 2 on CR, seeing as how season 1 is already here
38467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/11/12 , edited 10/11/12
Funimation and TAN getting back into simulcast business hurt CR this season but they still got the most series. This a case where consumers actually lost due to competition you have to pay 3 times as much per month to get access to all the shows streaming this season and none of the competitors are as good as CR in video quality, convenience, and speed of releasing there videos.
77810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/11/12

agila61 wrote:


munchthis wrote: isn't saying that its available in both North America and Canada redundant?

Yes it is. I asked back when they listed United States and Canada up front for one, and North and South America at the end ...

... the answer is they have to print exactly the region list it says in the contract. They are not allowed to edit it to eliminate redundancy or expand it to clarify regions that could be confusing.


really just sounds like someone need to work on their geography homework to me.
708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 10/11/12

djheadshot wrote:

Funimation and TAN getting back into simulcast business hurt CR this season but they still got the most series. This a case where consumers actually lost due to competition you have to pay 3 times as much per month to get access to all the shows streaming this season and none of the competitors are as good as CR in video quality, convenience, and speed of releasing there videos.


Let's just hope that this will not continue to the next seasons.
25131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/11/12

dokudokugwo wrote:


johnlathorp wrote:

I find this use of premium account funds insulting. If you cannot get something quality, save the funds for next season. But the complete disregard for Little Busters by every company which could license it is especially insulting.


I'm curious as to why everyone is going so crazy over Little Busters... sure I said in my own post I'd like the last title they get to be that one, or 2 others I'm interested in.

I certainly wouldn't say I find it "insulting" that someone hasn't picked it up yet, or base my whole opinion of the Fall lineup based on that titles absence as many seem to be doing... I mean LB looks interesting, but CR has about as good of a lineup as they usually do, the only thing really missing is one more solid full length show, such as LB, Suki-tte or JoJo, and i would have hoped that they would have gotten at least one of the noitaminA shows on top of other stuff.

There is still one more box, and I'm sure CR is already in negotiations for whatever show that may be, and no amount of complaining is going to magically make it Little Busters... so maybe everyone should learn what patience is and wait and see what's going to happen.


Having seen Little Busters, I can tell that it would be worth whatever it takes because it puts characters and characterization along with sharp humor first. It makes me think of Angel Beats but it will run 26 episodes, which is what AB honestly needed instead of the half run it got. Its art did suck in the first episode but honestly most of the sucky scenes were postcard style flashbacks, which I doubt will occur all the time. My insult sentiment is a bit of overreaction but I would love for that last romance anime and Little Busters to both get the attention and quality treatment they deserve because CR is the best site for animes to get eyeballs. Money on a short which every internet review has dropped very low scores on (and I did watch some of it and Chitose Get You seemed better and I loath Chitose) does not seem a worthwhile investment, even if they got it cheap.
56311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/11/12

johnlathorp wrote:


dokudokugwo wrote:


johnlathorp wrote:

I find this use of premium account funds insulting. If you cannot get something quality, save the funds for next season. But the complete disregard for Little Busters by every company which could license it is especially insulting.


I'm curious as to why everyone is going so crazy over Little Busters... sure I said in my own post I'd like the last title they get to be that one, or 2 others I'm interested in.

I certainly wouldn't say I find it "insulting" that someone hasn't picked it up yet, or base my whole opinion of the Fall lineup based on that titles absence as many seem to be doing... I mean LB looks interesting, but CR has about as good of a lineup as they usually do, the only thing really missing is one more solid full length show, such as LB, Suki-tte or JoJo, and i would have hoped that they would have gotten at least one of the noitaminA shows on top of other stuff.

There is still one more box, and I'm sure CR is already in negotiations for whatever show that may be, and no amount of complaining is going to magically make it Little Busters... so maybe everyone should learn what patience is and wait and see what's going to happen.


Having seen Little Busters, I can tell that it would be worth whatever it takes because it puts characters and characterization along with sharp humor first. It makes me think of Angel Beats but it will run 26 episodes, which is what AB honestly needed instead of the half run it got. Its art did suck in the first episode but honestly most of the sucky scenes were postcard style flashbacks, which I doubt will occur all the time. My insult sentiment is a bit of overreaction but I would love for that last romance anime and Little Busters to both get the attention and quality treatment they deserve because CR is the best site for animes to get eyeballs. Money on a short which every internet review has dropped very low scores on (and I did watch some of it and Chitose Get You seemed better and I loath Chitose) does not seem a worthwhile investment, even if they got it cheap.


Thank you for at least explaining it... there were so many "WAI NO LITTLE BUSTERS" posts it was driving me nuts... I haven't seen it yet and the description I read made it sound interesting, but nothing worth getting so worked up over. If it is like an Angel Beats, I would love for CR to get it.

The short shows I don't mind... Chitose has it's moments but overall it's not something I look forward to every week... but I would certainly hope that shows like Teekyuu and Chitose don't "get in the way" of getting better full length shows, and are something that whether they got them or not wouldn't affect getting something like LB or JoJo.

I do also want to say that I did a free trial over at Funimation, and it seems that all the shows are available in HD and commercial free for elite subscribers, and I read that Jorm and Kamisama, the two shows they specifically mentioned were in HD are for elite members ONLY... they just worded it really wrong. It also looks like they aired two eps of kamisama which pretty much puts that within a day of JP air... if they do 2 eps of OniAi tomorrow then that will be a simulcast... all the other shows are pretty much within a day, so that only puts Code Breaker as a pretty bad latecast at 4 days behind.

Overall I'd rather have CR have all the Funimation titles...but at least TAN didn't get their hands on them... they seem to be REALLY screwed up this season.
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
Does this mean the last box is going to be Seitokai no Ichizon - Hekiyoh Gakuen Seitokai Gijiroku?
68868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/11/12 , edited 10/11/12

munchthis wrote: really just sounds like someone need to work on their geography homework to me.

Yeah, but the licensor for a direct license is Japanese, and they don't always specialize in international media licensing. So if somebody is the Crunchyroll agent in Tokyo, and the licensor wants that wording, and everything else about the contract is fine, you go ahead and sign. As long as the countries are included, its no biggie if one or more countries happen to be included twice.


johnlathorp wrote: ... Money on a short which every internet review has dropped very low scores on (and I did watch some of it and Chitose Get You seemed better and I loath Chitose) does not seem a worthwhile investment, even if they got it cheap.

Crunchyroll is not a DVD distributor. They don't pick and choose, they bid for every anime that is broadcast.

They obviously don't bid any massive Minimum Guarantee for anything, but based on the level of normal video streaming MG's that have been discussed in places like ANNcast, if everybody says yes, Crunchyroll will be fine.

So if they can "afford" to take everything ... then they can "afford" this particular short.


johnlathorp wrote: I find this use of premium account funds insulting. If you cannot get something quality, save the funds for next season. ...

Tastes vary, which is why Crunchyroll tries to get everything. They don't "pick and choose".

And that has been their approach since they went legit in 2009. Now, look at how many series they had in Spring 2009, and compare it to 23.3 series in Fall 2012 (and one more to announce). I think that Crunchyroll's strategy has been working.
29839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Unknown
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
I seen this first episode of this new show on another anime website, I think its pretty interesting but I don't think its going to be PoyoPoyo though.
21541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/11/12

arandomdude6 wrote:

im surprised nobody but me wants to see seitokai no ichizon season 2 on CR, seeing as how season 1 is already here


^^^^ This this this this.

Now get to work CR and get me Seitokai.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.