First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply New Catalog Titles: Kobato and New Show Bottom Biting Bug
49495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
Guess I got excited for nothing...
bottom biting bug....? eh not interested
25131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
I think they may have just trolled us about the "excited" part. So it is literally a butt/ *censored* bug? If there are many episodes, it might be a randomly nice diversion.
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/12 , edited 10/18/12

johnlathorp wrote:

I think they may have just trolled us about the "excited" part. So it is literally a butt/ *censored* bug? If there are many episodes, it might be a randomly nice diversion.


Bottom Biting Bug is a simulcast not a catalog title. And it's a NHK show too which Crunchyroll hardly ever gets. The catalog title that they are excited about will be announced later likely around 8 p.m EDT(5 p.m PDT). Crunchyroll didn't troll anybody, but I can see how some would mistake a simulcast of a NHK show for a exciting catalog title.

EDIT: corrected timezone typo. NIS America also sort of spilled the beans about what the exciting title is and I would guess that it's U.S and Canada only.
25131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/18/12 , edited 10/18/12
@pistolsaf - ahh, okay. Makes sense. Then that means it's the last latecast.

PS - For the big show, do you mean Toradora? I've actually barely heard of it but I guess it is popular.
Habs19 
33162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Montreal, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
Thank God I didn't finish watching Kobato on a different website with shitty video quality
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

johnlathorp wrote:

@pistolsaf - ahh, okay. Makes sense. Then that means it's the last latecast.

PS - For the big show, do you mean Toradora? I've actually barely heard of it but I guess it is popular.


I would never assume it's over for the season unless they say it's over. But that is a very good guess and I am inclined to agree with it.

As for Toradora , it is a really well-done romance series with great comedy and good drama. The director-writer combo was at the top of their games too(Nagai-Okada respectively). The characters are all well-done as they are complex, realistic characters.

24016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / São Paulo, Brazil
Offline
Posted 10/18/12 , edited 10/18/12

coolworlds wrote:

I think im going to going to cancel my subscription. I know it sound selfish but i pay like everyone else does but unlike everyone in the U.S i can't watch everything on the site ( u.k )

I know the money i pay for my subscription goes to help pay for new series and for studio's in japan to make available series online so i can watch them. But that money is also funding catalogue series as well to be brought over to chrunchyroll. I can't watch them and some of the newer shows like Medaka on here even though im paying a fee to do so. The same price everyone else does but i get to watch less content than they do.

That doesn't seem fair right?

i feel conflicted about this as i want to help out an industry i love but at the same time i want my moneys worth.
I work hard for that and this is what i choose to spend some of it on.


Every time I read a comment like this, it pisses me off. Oh, so you live in the uk? I live in Brazil. We barely get any shows here from CR but I still pay to support the industry. Keep supporting CR that stuff will more available for us.
27144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Mars or Venus but...
Offline
Posted 10/18/12 , edited 10/18/12

leokiko123 wrote:


coolworlds wrote:

I think im going to going to cancel my subscription. I know it sound selfish but i pay like everyone else does but unlike everyone in the U.S i can't watch everything on the site ( u.k )

I know the money i pay for my subscription goes to help pay for new series and for studio's in japan to make available series online so i can watch them. But that money is also funding catalogue series as well to be brought over to chrunchyroll. I can't watch them and some of the newer shows like Medaka on here even though im paying a fee to do so. The same price everyone else does but i get to watch less content than they do.

That doesn't seem fair right?

i feel conflicted about this as i want to help out an industry i love but at the same time i want my moneys worth.
I work hard for that and this is what i choose to spend some of it on.


Every time I read a comment like this, it pisses me off. Oh, so you live in the uk? I live in Brazil. We barely get any shows here from CR but I still pay to support the industry. Keep supporting CR that stuff will more available for us.


Thats great you should get annoyed. Your paying for a service, that isn't being fair to you or your region.
After all Chrunchyroll is a buisness. They don't care about you or me or other countries first and formost they care about making money.
They say they're all about being a world wide provider for anime that help by giving money back to the companies that make it.

But when it comes down to it they're main and only priority it to U.S customers only.

So yeah get mad. I have every right to make/ bring up issues like this. Crunchyroll provides a service which you pay for.
They don't do it out of the kindness of their hearts, it's not a charity. It's cold to put it this way, but this is a fact.
If a company is failing to provide a service or it's services are giving priority to one customer over another than you have every right
to bring up that issue.

I want to see this service get better. I want people to be able to watch anime all over the world without the need to be fenced out by 'Regioning'
by bring up issues like this, it opens discussions and gets a company to notice.
They're are so many more people in the world than those that live only in the U.S, If they want to make more money so they can bid for more shows, so they can get world wide rights and be 'THE' website for all anime streaming outside of Japan.
Then they need those other people like me and like you.

I've been here all the time. since this site was far less legitimate and i've stuck by them and funded them all the way in the efforts.
So when they start dropping the ball im gonna tell them, because i want them to succeed. Because i want them to get better & because i want to pay for everything i watch.
28759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Milky Way Galaxy,...
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
I'm looking forward to this "10/18 - ?? <--- we here at CR are excited about this one! :P"

I hope it's available in my region.

No Kobato for me
33916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Parallel Mooniverse
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
I LOVE KOBATO XDD ITS ONE OF MY FAVE ANIMES CAN"T WAIT XDD
Aryoch 
17639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Brazil
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

coolworlds wrote:


leokiko123 wrote:


coolworlds wrote:

I think im going to going to cancel my subscription. I know it sound selfish but i pay like everyone else does but unlike everyone in the U.S i can't watch everything on the site ( u.k )

I know the money i pay for my subscription goes to help pay for new series and for studio's in japan to make available series online so i can watch them. But that money is also funding catalogue series as well to be brought over to chrunchyroll. I can't watch them and some of the newer shows like Medaka on here even though im paying a fee to do so. The same price everyone else does but i get to watch less content than they do.

That doesn't seem fair right?

i feel conflicted about this as i want to help out an industry i love but at the same time i want my moneys worth.
I work hard for that and this is what i choose to spend some of it on.


Every time I read a comment like this, it pisses me off. Oh, so you live in the uk? I live in Brazil. We barely get any shows here from CR but I still pay to support the industry. Keep supporting CR that stuff will more available for us.


Thats great you should get annoyed. Your paying for a service, that isn't being fair to you or your region.
After all Chrunchyroll is a buisness. They don't care about you or me or other countries first and formost they care about making money.
They say they're all about being a world wide provider for anime that help by giving money back to the companies that make it.

But when it comes down to it they're main and only priority it to U.S customers only.

So yeah get mad. I have every right to make/ bring up issues like this. Crunchyroll provides a service which you pay for.
They don't do it out of the kindness of their hearts, it's not a charity. It's cold to put it this way, but this is a fact.
If a company is failing to provide a service or it's services are giving priority to one customer over another than you have every right
to bring up that issue.

I want to see this service get better. I want people to be able to watch anime all over the world without the need to be fenced out by 'Regioning'
by bring up issues like this, it opens discussions and gets a company to notice.
They're are so many more people in the world than those that live only in the U.S, If they want to make more money so they can bid for more shows, so they can get world wide rights and be 'THE' website for all anime streaming outside of Japan.
Then they need those other people like me and like you.

I've been here all the time. since this site was far less legitimate and i've stuck by them and funded them all the way in the efforts.
So when they start dropping the ball im gonna tell them, because i want them to succeed. Because i want them to get better & because i want to pay for everything i watch.


I can see both points here and I can also say that both are right, in their own points of view. If you feel it's not worth paying for a service, then you just don't have to pay for it. I have to admit that paying the same as everyone for less than 40% of the titles available it's not fair, this is a fact.

And you don't have to if you don't want to, it's better than just keeping on complaining over and over again all the time (because it's not nice for other people to read people's complaints all the time, this can be very annoying). But if even though you wanna keep on supporting something or someone, even though there are issues like that, feel free to do it.

I also live in Brazil, which gets even less content than UK for being a latin american country, but there are a lot of animes that are available and I wanna watch, and as long as there is something here for me, I plan on supporting CR. Besides, I noticed that a lot of the new animes from the past season and the current fall season are being broadcasted, such as SOA, From The New World, Total Eclipse and some others, which is not perfect, but it's a great improvement, so we have to keep our hopes high for a better scenario.

68868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/18/12 , edited 10/18/12

leokiko123 wrote: Every time I read a comment like this, it pisses me off. Oh, so you live in the uk? I live in Brazil. We barely get any shows here from CR but I still pay to support the industry. Keep supporting CR that stuff will more available for us.



coolworlds wrote: Thats great you should get annoyed. Your paying for a service, that isn't being fair to you or your region.

After all Chrunchyroll is a buisness. They don't care about you or me or other countries first and formost they care about making money.
They say they're all about being a world wide provider for anime that help by giving money back to the companies that make it.

But when it comes down to it they're main and only priority it to U.S customers only.


I think leokiko123's point is that while Brazil gets about half the simulcasts, the UK gets four fifths of the simulcasts ... over 75% of the new licenses in Fall and over 80% of the simulcasts this season ... so hearing someone from one of the more privileged regions like the UK, Nordic countries, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa complain about getting locked out of a handful of simulcasts is a bit annoying to someone with less access than you.

As far as Crunchyroll not "trying" to get international licenses, that's obvious nonsense. No streaming site based in North America streams 88% of their simulcasts to Australia & New Zealand, 84% to UK & Ireland, 79% to South Africa, 63% to most Nordic Countries and 59% to the Netherlands and Brazil without trying to get international rights.

Obviously they can't pick up licenses that do not generate revenue to cover their costs to Crunchyroll, and the Japanese licensors will not grant streaming rights that generate less revenue than the contracting and material delivery costs ...
... but if the current number of UK/Ireland subscribers wanted to get 20+ simulcasts and seasonal streams with your current numbers, you'd have to pay 20 to 30 bob a month. So pooling with the North American market to get 4/5ths of the simulcasts that Crunchyroll gets to North America saves you well over half of what it would cost you to go it alone.
49852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

Project_Sora wrote:

I'm looking forward to this "10/18 - ?? <--- we here at CR are excited about this one! :P"

I hope it's available in my region.

No Kobato for me



67520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / SLC
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
Holy crap I'm glad the date/time is the 20th 'cause if this was the one that "we here at CR are excited about" I would have been so very, very sad.
27144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Mars or Venus but...
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

agila61 wrote:

I think leokiko123's point is that while Brazil gets about half the simulcasts, the UK gets four fifths of the simulcasts ... over 75% of the new licenses in Fall and over 80% of the simulcasts this season ... so hearing someone from one of the more privileged regions like the UK, Nordic countries, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa complain about getting locked out of a handful of simulcasts is a bit annoying to someone with less access than you.

As far as Crunchyroll not "trying" to get international licenses, that's obvious nonsense. No streaming site based in North America streams 88% of their simulcasts to Australia & New Zealand, 84% to UK & Ireland, 79% to South Africa, 63% to most Nordic Countries and 59% to the Netherlands and Brazil without trying to get international rights.

Obviously they can't pick up licenses that do not generate revenue to cover their costs to Crunchyroll, and the Japanese licensors will not grant streaming rights that generate less revenue than the contracting and material delivery costs ...
... but if the current number of UK/Ireland subscribers wanted to get 20+ simulcasts and seasonal streams with your current numbers, you'd have to pay 20 to 30 bob a month. So pooling with the North American market to get 4/5ths of the simulcasts that Crunchyroll gets to North America saves you well over half of what it would cost you to go it alone.


Thats true about simulcasts, in the Uk we probly lose out on 1/2 a season that we can't watch for some reason or another.
so on the simulcast side of things it's actually okay.

It's the back catalogue side of things that really bugs me. It's great that their bringing new series to the site but because they're only bringing them through deals with partners rather than dealing with a main studio the rights are all us based only. Mostly because they're re airing from hulu etc.
While it's true that funding frommany countries helps to pay for these deals and keep the costs down. It's unfair that countries outside the US are paying full wack but aren't getting access to those series.

It's also why i feel conflicted about canceling my subscription. I really want to support the industry and i love the new shows we're getting to watch. But being left out because of region restrictions is really annoying. 'hey it's great news! new shows' and then it's oh but not in your region. sorry champ, better luck next time!

Maybe they should charge subscriptions for the U.S more and other countries less by the amount they can actually watch?
although that would complicate things it would be fairer
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.