First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply New Catalog Titles: Toradora and Kimi ni Todoke
50128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Who do I have to blackmail to get it released in EU? or at least Norway?
43004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Buried under a pi...
Offline
Posted 10/19/12 , edited 10/19/12
Is there any particular reason that Kimi ni Todoke episode 16 is missing? Just curious. Thanks!

Edit: Going on to the series page would help. Found my answer.
20681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Awww really sucks that all these catalog titles are US and Canada so far hopefully you'll give us UK fans something soon? Please!
16240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Tomobiki-cho
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Surprise, surprise yet another American exclusive.

I pay the same for my 'premium' sub as the Americans do, but get far less. Either give me a discount, or roll out some high end catalogue titles in the UK/EU too. Do something though, as right now you're basically telling non Americans that they're second class citizens. To be frank, it stinks.
16240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Tomobiki-cho
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


Nyanako wrote:
As I said last thread, they should give international customers cheaper premium memberships, since we're subsidizing the North Americans to watch all this great anime...

People complaining about not getting series is one thing, but claiming that they "subsidize" North American viewers is so off base is actually makes me mad.




It makes you mad? That's a shame. You should try seeing it from our point of view, as we see announcement after announcement followed by a rather obnoxious warning, which essentially says 'AMERICANS ONLY. FOREIGNERS NOT WELCOME'.

Bottom line, Crunchy Roll premium subs cost the same the world over. They all go into a giant pot of money to license anime. CR could license anime equally, sharing out the pot to all subscribers, ensuring we all get our fair share. Instead CR dish out a few servings to all, then a big extra serving to Americans. The trouble is, the rest of us see this happening, and it makes us rather cross.

16240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Tomobiki-cho
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

cat7222902 wrote:


johnlathorp wrote:

I wonder why Toradora is posted at such low quality. It only shows at SD and not HD.



Because they can only do the best quality for the time the series came out. They do this because it would be like putting a 720 tag on a video that even on 720 plays 480....because it's not remastered......so....yeah.


Toradora was made in HD, and aired in HD in Japan. Anime hasn't been made in SD for many, many years now.
29628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Planet Vegeta
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

mendo_shutaro wrote:


cat7222902 wrote:


johnlathorp wrote:

I wonder why Toradora is posted at such low quality. It only shows at SD and not HD.



Because they can only do the best quality for the time the series came out. They do this because it would be like putting a 720 tag on a video that even on 720 plays 480....because it's not remastered......so....yeah.


Toradora was made in HD, and aired in HD in Japan. Anime hasn't been made in SD for many, many years now.


....yea 480p is HD...and that's why I said it has 480p quality....but if it's not 720p people thinks it's SD...so what's your point?
16240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Tomobiki-cho
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

cat7222902 wrote:


mendo_shutaro wrote:


cat7222902 wrote:


johnlathorp wrote:

I wonder why Toradora is posted at such low quality. It only shows at SD and not HD.



Because they can only do the best quality for the time the series came out. They do this because it would be like putting a 720 tag on a video that even on 720 plays 480....because it's not remastered......so....yeah.


Toradora was made in HD, and aired in HD in Japan. Anime hasn't been made in SD for many, many years now.


....yea 480p is HD...and that's why I said it has 480p quality....but if it's not 720p people thinks it's SD...so what's your point?


Not sure I follow you. Toradora was made in 1080p.
20015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Up in the clouds~
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
So many new catalog titles I want to watch, alas I am not from America or Canada.
29628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Planet Vegeta
Offline
Posted 10/19/12 , edited 10/19/12

Not sure I follow you. Toradora was made in 1080p



what?.. .ToraDora was made in 720p and broadcasted in Japan in 480p on non-HD channels and 720p on HD.....think about this HD television can bring a old movie...let's say from 20 years ago and put HD qualitity on it now....that's called "remastering" and can turn ToraDora into that now...but it wasn't recorded or broadcasted in 1080p
63107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Hee, hee I am so happy to see crunchy get these two. I have them both on dvd. These past few Fridays we have family night with pizza and Kimi ni Todoki. The kids laugh so hard, they even cry at the sad parts They have asked for season three for Christmas. Good thing Santa has great manga and anime connections
55123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / 東京, Vancouver
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Both of those are really great shows. Its great that the library of old anime is growing. Its unfortunate that the license is only for US and Canada, however.
112121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / georgia
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

mendo_shutaro wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


Nyanako wrote:
As I said last thread, they should give international customers cheaper premium memberships, since we're subsidizing the North Americans to watch all this great anime...

People complaining about not getting series is one thing, but claiming that they "subsidize" North American viewers is so off base is actually makes me mad.




It makes you mad? That's a shame. You should try seeing it from our point of view, as we see announcement after announcement followed by a rather obnoxious warning, which essentially says 'AMERICANS ONLY. FOREIGNERS NOT WELCOME'.

Bottom line, Crunchy Roll premium subs cost the same the world over. They all go into a giant pot of money to license anime. CR could license anime equally, sharing out the pot to all subscribers, ensuring we all get our fair share. Instead CR dish out a few servings to all, then a big extra serving to Americans. The trouble is, the rest of us see this happening, and it makes us rather cross.



You do realise that its not CRs choice what shows are available in so and so region right? If you look to see who they licensed the show from its NIS who ONLY have the license in north america. Not Uk or europe.
16240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Tomobiki-cho
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

theskyflame wrote:


mendo_shutaro wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


Nyanako wrote:
As I said last thread, they should give international customers cheaper premium memberships, since we're subsidizing the North Americans to watch all this great anime...

People complaining about not getting series is one thing, but claiming that they "subsidize" North American viewers is so off base is actually makes me mad.




It makes you mad? That's a shame. You should try seeing it from our point of view, as we see announcement after announcement followed by a rather obnoxious warning, which essentially says 'AMERICANS ONLY. FOREIGNERS NOT WELCOME'.

Bottom line, Crunchy Roll premium subs cost the same the world over. They all go into a giant pot of money to license anime. CR could license anime equally, sharing out the pot to all subscribers, ensuring we all get our fair share. Instead CR dish out a few servings to all, then a big extra serving to Americans. The trouble is, the rest of us see this happening, and it makes us rather cross.



You do realise that its not CRs choice what shows are available in so and so region right? If you look to see who they licensed the show from its NIS who ONLY have the license in north america. Not Uk or europe.


As I said, they should be fair to all regions. If they can only license a particular title for America, they should license something else in the EU to compensate, or give us a discount on our subscription fees.

It's not rocket science, just playing fair.
63983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Finland, Vasa
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

mendo_shutaro wrote:


theskyflame wrote:


mendo_shutaro wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


Nyanako wrote:
As I said last thread, they should give international customers cheaper premium memberships, since we're subsidizing the North Americans to watch all this great anime...

People complaining about not getting series is one thing, but claiming that they "subsidize" North American viewers is so off base is actually makes me mad.




It makes you mad? That's a shame. You should try seeing it from our point of view, as we see announcement after announcement followed by a rather obnoxious warning, which essentially says 'AMERICANS ONLY. FOREIGNERS NOT WELCOME'.

Bottom line, Crunchy Roll premium subs cost the same the world over. They all go into a giant pot of money to license anime. CR could license anime equally, sharing out the pot to all subscribers, ensuring we all get our fair share. Instead CR dish out a few servings to all, then a big extra serving to Americans. The trouble is, the rest of us see this happening, and it makes us rather cross.



You do realise that its not CRs choice what shows are available in so and so region right? If you look to see who they licensed the show from its NIS who ONLY have the license in north america. Not Uk or europe.


As I said, they should be fair to all regions. If they can only license a particular title for America, they should license something else in the EU to compensate, or give us a discount on our subscription fees.

It's not rocket science, just playing fair.


Furthermore to license and release more shows for the USA leachers (free users) than for paying EU/ASIA premium users is just an insult. Would be very intrested in seeing any worldwide statistics on crunchyroll paying members.

At least I have been with CR from the start and a paying member ever since they went legal. At first it was a good distribution, but the last 2 years it´s been increasing biased and now it´s pretty much 70% US only material. New as well as older releases.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.