First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Your opinions on Islam and Muslims in General?
38317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
Well... My question is simple but for some people its really hard to answer.

What are your impressions on Muslims?
Did those impressions come through media or actual research?
What do you know about Islam?
What do you know about the connection of Islam with Christianity and Judaism?

The reason I started this thread is because a lot of people have very negative views about Muslims and Islam in general. Mostly Americans (No offense) . I am a Muslim for those who are wondering and I want to know your opinion because in Canada I haven't really seen any religious .

One thing to keep in mind. Please think before you give me your answer. I would like to hear a logically well explained answer if you want to give one.

You can also state whatever you like. You are entitled to you opinion.

BTW Mod if this is a thread that is not to be made... Please do delete it as I do not want to cause a verbal riot
20176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
I just let them believe in what they believe, and i believe what I believe.
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
Honestly, I couldn't care less what your country of birth is or your religion or whatever have you..

But I've seen some crap on the news where Islams have rioted in Australia.. Fuck off.
38317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/12 , edited 10/18/12

Noble-7 wrote:

I just let them believe in what they believe, and i believe what I believe.


And that my friend is what I want to hear. I'm serious you have no idea how many people blow their top off just by hearing the word "Muslim" or "Islam". You have earned my respect.







deejayvee wrote:

Honestly, I couldn't care less what your country of birth is or your religion or whatever have you..

But I've seen some crap on the news where Islams have rioted in Australia.. Fuck off.


Seeing is believing huh? I can tell how educated you are my friend. But then again... Those riots are pretty stupid thing to do since it just gives uprise to worse situations.
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
What do you mean? I'm not saying I hate Islamic people But why come to a country to riot?
38317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

deejayvee wrote:

What do you mean? I'm not saying I hate Islamic people But why come to a country to riot?


My bad. Your comment made it sound like you hate em. But yes you are absolutely right. One of the fundamental rules in the Sunnah is to obey the Law of the Land no matter whose it is.
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

Hokage_4 wrote:


deejayvee wrote:

What do you mean? I'm not saying I hate Islamic people But why come to a country to riot?


My bad. Your comment made it sound like you hate em. But yes you are absolutely right. One of the fundamental rules in the Sunnah is to obey the Law of the Land no matter whose it is.


Of course not. I was just stating what I saw and how I felt to THOSE particular people. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

I don't know much (if anything) about the laws there, but that sounds like a good one, if followed.
38317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

deejayvee wrote:

Of course not. I was just stating what I saw and how I felt to THOSE particular people. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

I don't know much (if anything) about the laws there, but that sounds like a good one, if followed.


If you are wondering what I mean't by "Sunnah" they are the teaching of the Prophet Muhammaed PBUH. If you are wondering you can look em up
21148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / United Stated
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
I believe that everyone has their choice to believe in what they want. You believe in god, buddha, or muhammad. Then so be it. What pisses me off is when other religions talk bad about the others. Be respectful, and believe what you believe. End of story. Don't shove it down people's throats if they don't wanna hear it. Noone truelys knows what happens when your dead. Only the dead know. So believe what you believe in.

I'm Christian in my own way i guess. Cause i take in what i believe and so on and so forth

Anyways to answer your question instead of rant on like i'm doing hah. I have no problem with anyone. Religion, Race etc etc etc. We are all human, and we should all be treated with respect. However when you go beyond that and disrespect people for no reason, or pull some race or religion card. That's what pisses me off.

People should believe what they wanna believe. They shouldn't be forced with ideals of other people like propaganda on news and stuff like that. People need to grow a back bone and think for themselves. I smh at society at times.
71837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
"Muslim" and "Islam" cover such a vast swath of people it's completely unfair to categorize them.

I will say that I found this recent attack in Libya to be tasteless. Other countries and people are going to have different values than you on their view of Muhammad. I do believe Muslims don't have to like it but they do have to tolerate it.

The fact that Muhammad has not been shown in picture form around the world shows how far Islam is behind other religions (in tolerance). If you can't make a joke at a religion in different countries due to fear it also means you fear retaliation and since Islam is a religion of peace, that shouldn't happen.

Other people in other countries are going to be disrespectful and "blasphemous" towards the religion. There is already ample evidence of that in Christian cultures and I don't think Islam should be any different.

As for the people, they are as vast in understanding/compassion/personality as the Christians I know from my limited experience and to label each one "close minded" or "rigid" seems stupid. It's all about the individual.

That's about all I have to say about that.
29233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
My Muslim friend, I am also a fellow Muslim and I'll tell you right now that this thread will go to hell very, very soon. It's unfortunate, but be prepared for much face-palming. I'm serious.
Religion, in particular Islam, does not fair well on the internet, where people are free to voice opinions they wouldn't dare say in person. It's a new-found confidence, if you will.
But may your efforts be rewarded http://teakster.deviantart.com/ is doing a wonderful job on DeviantART with his educating people on Islam, so check him out if you have the time.

Also, I do believe there's another version of this thread somewhere...
12513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
I honestly don't care.
38317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

neumaus wrote:

My Muslim friend, I am also a fellow Muslim and I'll tell you right now that this thread will go to hell very, very soon. It's unfortunate, but be prepared for much face-palming. I'm serious.
Religion, in particular Islam, does not fair well on the internet, where people are free to voice opinions they wouldn't dare say in person. It's a new-found confidence, if you will.
But may your efforts be rewarded http://teakster.deviantart.com/ is doing a wonderful job on DeviantART with his educating people on Islam, so check him out if you have the time.

Also, I do believe there's another version of this thread somewhere...


I want to hear what people have to say, I know how people react to Islam on the internet. I want to see their perspective of this Religion. That is the reason I created this thread
4427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
Religion? Who needs it, i've got my own power.
53190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
^^ seriously f*** religion.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.