First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Post Reply Your opinions on Islam and Muslims in General?
13278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 4/1/13

shuyi000 wrote:


Gyava wrote:

I only have one answer for all those questions and it is:

There are radical believers and there are non-radical believers.



But all of them are non-radical beliefs...


You call "kill all infidels" non-radical? So if one of the "non radical" believers killed you since you're an infidel, it's all good right?
Posted 4/2/13
i know Muslim's, they'e some of the nicest people i know and they never wish to enforce any laws or changes to the world that would effect others who are not religious, they just want to practice their faith free of insults and generalizations. I am too busy focusing on my life to worry about what other people are doing, I am happy to accept them and accept religion so long as it doesn't get in the way of me being able to individually choose my own path to follow. you cannot use crimes committed by fundamentalists or the warped view of their religion some extremists have to wish the abolition of world religions. they're something the individual chooses to follow as they resonate with the teachings. I do have problems with some who choose to ignore world problems saying it is all part of god's plan though or disregarding others truth's because it contradicts with their own so they live in ignorance to avoid changing their lives for the better. I have never read the Qua'ran so it is impossible for me to judge the religion i can only share my experiences with it's followers. my personal belief in what a god is would infringe on others views if i spoke more though so i shan't.
41 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/13
Hello, I am a new user here at Crunchyroll, and I really love this site :)



I am a muslim as well, I hope I can help people clear things up. I probably don't have to since there are 14 pages.. pretty late.
22049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/13
It really doesn't matter about race and or religion. Each group of people has its individuals who are just disgusting pieces. I love everybody until I see your poor personality.
60 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
I know know many Muslims and consider almost everyone of them as my friends . I never met a Muslim who's trying to enforce his religion, but i know there are people who try. I have no respect for those who want to enforce their religion. IMO the only true religion is to be a good human. Help, when you don't have to help and be friendly. the only thing bothering me is that the Qur'an hurts the human rights!

Sura 4 : Surah An-Nisa : Verse 34:


"Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women)"


However i don't oppose the Qur'an and as long as the Muslims don't oppose me and/or my family/friends i don't care wether muslims believe in Allah or not. :-)
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
I find people who demand the death of a atheist blogger just because they did not like what he had to say is at the most sick. How many Muslims do you think went to the streets demanding the death of that atheist? I have no hate of peoples religions or ideals. UNLESS they think it gives them the right to force there ideals on others.. Muslims are ok till they pass that line, as millions have so far in those streets.
If your not one of them we can get along for I hate no person unless there personal actions are barbaric and sick, I judge people case by case, not as a hole.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
I muslim too i wear headscarf , sometimes I feel sad because of the stereotypes that we hear everywhere :/ , but since I don't judge anybody and I believe that everyone has his own beliefs , I don't care anymore and I don't let those stereotypes effect me anymore , but i would like if people stop judging us
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

Morokkojindesu wrote:

I muslim too i wear headscarf , sometimes I feel sad because of the stereotypes that we hear everywhere :/ , but since I don't judge anybody and I believe that everyone has his own beliefs , I don't care anymore and I don't let those stereotypes effect me anymore , but i would like if people stop judging us :)


Hey,

Hope this doesn't come across as rude but why do you wear the Hijab? I was told by a Muslim friend women wear the Hijab so that men don't see them in a sexual way. But the head scarf just accentuates the eyes and many Muslim women have incredibly beautiful eyes. Seems to defeat the purpose...
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
You maybe right , Why wear Hijab ?
The answer to the question is very simple – Muslim women observe HIJAB (covering the head and the body) because Allah has told them to do so.

“O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not annoyed…” (Qur’an 33:59)

Other secondary reasons include the requirement for modesty in both men and women. Both will then be evaluated for intelligence and skills instead of looks and sexuality. An Iranian school girl is quoted as saying, “We want to stop men from treating us like sex objects, as they have always done. We want them to ignore our appearance and to be attentive to our personalities and mind. We want them to take us seriously and treat us as equals and not just chase us around for our bodies and physical looks.”

A Muslim woman who covers her head is making a statement about her identity. Anyone who sees her will know that she is a Muslim and has a good moral character. Many Muslim women who cover are filled with dignity and self esteem; they are pleased to be identified as a Muslim woman. As a chaste, modest, pure woman, she does not want her sexuality to enter into interactions with men in the smallest degree. A woman who covers herself is concealing her sexuality but allowing her femininity to be brought out.
and I think that having beautiful eyes and be seen in sexual way are not the same thing , but sometimes some women hide their eyes too ,

17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/12/13 , edited 4/12/13

Morokkojindesu wrote:

I muslim too i wear headscarf , sometimes I feel sad because of the stereotypes that we hear everywhere :/ , but since I don't judge anybody and I believe that everyone has his own beliefs , I don't care anymore and I don't let those stereotypes effect me anymore , but i would like if people stop judging us :)


You like that then you have to get the millions of Muslims who demand someone to be killed for voicing a opinion that they don't like to relize that having opinions do not deserve them of death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVYDnjJ24C0

that's a lot of people not to make a dent in how we see you.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 4/12/13 , edited 4/12/13

Morokkojindesu wrote:

You maybe right , Why wear Hijab ?
The answer to the question is very simple – Muslim women observe HIJAB (covering the head and the body) because Allah has told them to do so.

“O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not annoyed…” (Qur’an 33:59)

Other secondary reasons include the requirement for modesty in both men and women. Both will then be evaluated for intelligence and skills instead of looks and sexuality. An Iranian school girl is quoted as saying, “We want to stop men from treating us like sex objects, as they have always done. We want them to ignore our appearance and to be attentive to our personalities and mind. We want them to take us seriously and treat us as equals and not just chase us around for our bodies and physical looks.”

A Muslim woman who covers her head is making a statement about her identity. Anyone who sees her will know that she is a Muslim and has a good moral character. Many Muslim women who cover are filled with dignity and self esteem; they are pleased to be identified as a Muslim woman. As a chaste, modest, pure woman, she does not want her sexuality to enter into interactions with men in the smallest degree. A woman who covers herself is concealing her sexuality but allowing her femininity to be brought out.
and I think that having beautiful eyes and be seen in sexual way are not the same thing , but sometimes some women hide their eyes too ,



Thank you for your response!

These are very well reasoned points. Would it be wrong then to assume many women wear the Hijab in the same manner as Christians of faith wear a cross; so that they might be identified as a member of their faith?

Modesty is a common virtue valued by many faiths and while I am not a person of any particular religious faith, I find myself humbled every time I learn something new that fundamentally changes a preconceived notion. I like to think Science and mathematics keeps me modest if not humbled.

Are men required to wear or do anything as a requirement of modesty? If so, what? if not, why?

I agree and empathize profoundly with a woman's wish to be treated with dignity, respect and equality. We still have issues with these very principles here in the states but I like to think we have made significant improvements. As a Muslim what is your view of women of Western Christian culture? While you have stated many women wear the Hijab so that men treat them seriously and as equals I often hear, read and see news that is contrary to those very ideals; as well as laws in Islamic countries that seem to me to rid women of rights. Is this as common as it seems?
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 4/13/13 , edited 4/13/13
@Darkphoenix3450 :
No I don't like and Allah says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]
And Also killing people is not a solution so Im not okay with that Allah says :[ That if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or to spread corruption in the land – it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind ]
so , if some people want to change something or express an opinion they can do it by a conversation based on evidences and not by forcing people to accept their opinions ,
And honestly I think that tose kind of people who give a negative stereotypes about Islam , Islam is a very good religion but unfortunately some people don't understand it very well and dn'tt apply it as it should be .

@spacebat :
Islam requires covering the private parts for both men and women; women must cover all body exept the face and hands, and Men the part between the navel and the knee. As required in the dress not described, nor heal what is beneath not be exciting or remarkable .
and I don't know about the other arabic countries , but the situation here in morocco is kind of nice , and women have their right and they are treated very well .
about my view before, I thought all women whether European or American, are racist and they have no principles and they are obsessed about sex and alcohol , but after talking to many people from spain france canada , I changed my mind and I knew that I was wrong and this antother stereotypes about U.S. and EUROPE . racist people are everywhere but it doesn't mean that good people don't exist !
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 4/13/13

Morokkojindesu wrote:

@spacebat :
Islam requires covering the private parts for both men and women; women must cover all body exept the face and hands, and Men the part between the navel and the knee. As required in the dress not described, nor heal what is beneath not be exciting or remarkable .
and I don't know about the other arabic countries , but the situation here in morocco is kind of nice , and women have their right and they are treated very well .
about my view before, I thought all women whether European or American, are racist and they have no principles and they are obsessed about sex and alcohol , but after talking to many people from spain france canada , I changed my mind and I knew that I was wrong and this antother stereotypes about U.S. and EUROPE . racist people are everywhere but it doesn't mean that good people don't exist !


Ya, we have the same problems as the rest of the world. Still racism, We have an entire political party that uses racism as its platform. They aren't doing so well...

You aren't completely wrong in your assumption that we are obsessed with sex, but many of us see sex as a completely natural thing and nothing to be ashamed of. Some women and men use their sexuality to get what they want, while this isn't praised its not punished either.

I often have trouble seeing eye to eye with many people of faith as I don't see my sexuality as something I should be ashamed of and while I may find a woman sexually attractive I am perfectly capable of subduing those urges and recognizing her as another intelligent person. My personal view on people of faith is that if their faith betters them as a human-being and urges them to treat others with respect and kindness, this is a good thing.

I like to think there are more good rational people in the world than racists and bad people. Racists and bad people simply have louder voices, it's easy for the moderates and rational individuals to be drowned out by them.

Who is the girl standing next to you and why isn't she wearing a Hijab?


16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 4/13/13
I think I understand your opinion , even if being ashamed of sex is a complicated subject , it's due to our culture and religion and principles , and many stuffs
about my photo that is not a girl , that is japanese guy , Fire bass the bassist of Loverin tamburin ,:)
Posted 4/13/13
A beautiful offshoot of Christianity. Could do without the extremist fundamentalists whom gave it a bad name.
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.