First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Your opinions on Islam and Muslims in General?
Posted 11/27/12 , edited 11/27/12

Jdaimond wrote:

In the quarin, if thats how its spelled, tells you that if your wife disobeys you you must beat her.


And the bible tells you to kill the children of your enemies after you raid their city. What's your point?
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/27/12

karmacide wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:

In the quarin, if thats how its spelled, tells you that if your wife disobeys you you must beat her.


And the bible tells you to kill the children of your enemies after you raid their city. What's your point?


Where?

3279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / You don't need to...
Offline
Posted 11/27/12
I have a lot of friends who are Muslim, and I don't hold that against them even though I'm Catholic. In fact, their religion just interests me and it's good to learn more about people and be accepting of what they believe in. For people who disagree with this: think about it. Would you not be friends with someone if they didn't like the same foods as you? Or have the same favorite color? Celebrate what's different. We all have one life, and we should spend it not getting into silly arguments like this.
22561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 11/27/12

Jdaimond wrote:

In the quarin, if thats how its spelled, tells you that if your wife disobeys you you must beat her.


The Bible also states that anyone who works on the Sabbath must be shunned from the community for the act of working on that day. If they desecrate it, they must die. I don't see any Christians coming forward to be put to death for that. Also, how many Christians eat shrimp? That was also punishable by death. People pick and choose what to follow, including choosing to not follow what I listed. Oh, and according to the Bible, a marriage is a contract between the wife's father and her husband, and she's sold as property to him. Just because it can be read and followed, does not mean society sees it as beneficial to follow now.

I've had friends of many different faiths over the years, including Muslims. I'd say most are just as peaceful as the rest of us, trying to at least keep their corner of the world from descending into chaos. I think most would agree that it is the extremist minority factions within the respective faiths which cause the greatest suffering for all. It's easy to demonize that which is different, to dehumanize anyone who disagrees with our point of view. People would do this regardless of their faith, or the faiths of others.

Faith is just another edge with which to cut each other down. Under the right circumstances, that same edge can be used to break bread with those of different faiths, and stand on common ground with them. Just like anything else, people will pick and choose what to follow, and many don't seek to end the cycle of fear and pain.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/27/12

Spazticus wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:

In the quarin, if thats how its spelled, tells you that if your wife disobeys you you must beat her.


The Bible also states that anyone who works on the Sabbath must be shunned from the community for the act of working on that day. If they desecrate it, they must die. I don't see any Christians coming forward to be put to death for that. Also, how many Christians eat shrimp? That was also punishable by death. People pick and choose what to follow, including choosing to not follow what I listed. Oh, and according to the Bible, a marriage is a contract between the wife's father and her husband, and she's sold as property to him. Just because it can be read and followed, does not mean society sees it as beneficial to follow now.

I've had friends of many different faiths over the years, including Muslims. I'd say most are just as peaceful as the rest of us, trying to at least keep their corner of the world from descending into chaos. I think most would agree that it is the extremist minority factions within the respective faiths which cause the greatest suffering for all. It's easy to demonize that which is different, to dehumanize anyone who disagrees with our point of view. People would do this regardless of their faith, or the faiths of others.

Faith is just another edge with which to cut each other down. Under the right circumstances, that same edge can be used to break bread with those of different faiths, and stand on common ground with them. Just like anything else, people will pick and choose what to follow, and many don't seek to end the cycle of fear and pain.


Give me the scripture for the sabbath statement and the scripture for the shrimp(never heard that one before).


I dont care what ''most'' say. I care what god says and i find it very hypocritical of you to be sitting there squenching your eyebrows at the fact that i just said that. If i wasnt christain(think GOD i am), I would still never like something that tells you to beat your wife for disobeying.

Allowing things that should not be allowed is picking and choosing what you are okay with my friend. Faith is not cutting eachother down, it is taking the first step even if you cant see the whole stair case so dont make definitions by what you think is true, that is true blindness.

4453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/27/12
To me, religion is nothing but a tool to control a large amount of people with false promises. Only if they follow a set of rules. And people are people no matter what they are. Muslims, Christians, Mormons, Sikhs doesnt matter. However, due to vast amount of islamic people in the world, when they riot, theres a lot of them so it gets more attention. Of course, 911 didnt help them. Though I do thhink that they need to chill out sometimes, always rioting and yelling pisses me off. Do it through the internet, you want change, start a petition, or once in a while have a peaceful riot. Dont take to the streets right away over small issues like showing muhammad on tv and create violence for no reason. PS f**k religion. I'm an athiest if you couldn't tell lol. Though thats just my opinion on your forum post. PPS: I meant no harm to anyone by what I said, please do not be hurt by anything I said, Its just one mans view.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/27/12

SlimShadyDogg wrote:

To me, religion is nothing but a tool to control a large amount of people with false promises. Only if they follow a set of rules. And people are people no matter what they are. Muslims, Christians, Mormons, Sikhs doesnt matter. However, due to vast amount of islamic people in the world, when they riot, theres a lot of them so it gets more attention. Of course, 911 didnt help them. Though I do thhink that they need to chill out sometimes, always rioting and yelling pisses me off. Do it through the internet, you want change, start a petition, or once in a while have a peaceful riot. Dont take to the streets right away over small issues like showing muhammad on tv and create violence for no reason. PS f**k religion. I'm an athiest if you couldn't tell lol. Though thats just my opinion on your forum post. PPS: I meant no harm to anyone by what I said, please do not be hurt by anything I said, Its just one mans view.


I agree with the blue part.

4453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/27/12
BTW, I respect peoples choice to follow a religion except jehovas witnesses. They just plain suck and are annoying. LOL
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/27/12
Again, very wrong. Have you ever read some of the quran? its only peace if you obey alam the fake. "Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme."
"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

God has only said that people will reap there sow ( under reasonable curcumstances )after they have lived the life they chose to live, not kill them and use others to kill them so educate yourself on a topic before you throw words around please.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/27/12
Man, I need to study up on religion more.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/27/12
Not even a joke right now i swear. While i was posting The very scripture from the bible (psalms 137:9) was said in a movie. I cant be more serious the movie is called higher grounds and my family was watching it. A man was reading it to his wife while his baby was playing and the wife said it was F***** up and my eyes lit up.
Has something that crazy ever happened to anybody. Theres millions of scriptures in the bible and it said the very one i had defended 15 minutes ago.
Posted 11/27/12

Jdaimond wrote:

Again, very wrong. Have you ever read some of the quran? its only peace if you obey alam the fake. "Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme."
"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

God has only said that people will reap there sow ( under reasonable curcumstances )after they have lived the life they chose to live, not kill them and use others to kill them so educate yourself on a topic before you throw words around please.


You can believe what you want, I don't care and i'm not going to go looking up verses to fight you on this lol. I have read some of both books, the entire bible when I was a christian and parts of the quran when it was important to me. like I said, both books have violent teachings and peaceful ones. Read more of the old testiment. In the hebrew mythology god was an asshole. It dosn't matter to me, do your own research.
22561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 11/27/12 , edited 11/27/12

Jdaimond wrote:
Give me the scripture for the sabbath statement and the scripture for the shrimp(never heard that one before).


I dont care what ''most'' say. I care what god says and i find it very hypocritical of you to be sitting there squenching your eyebrows at the fact that i just said that. If i wasnt christain(think GOD i am), I would still never like something that tells you to beat your wife for disobeying.

Allowing things that should not be allowed is picking and choosing what you are okay with my friend. Faith is not cutting eachother down, it is taking the first step even if you cant see the whole stair case so dont make definitions by what you think is true, that is true blindness.

Because you asked, sure.

Regarding the Sabbath: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+31%3A12-15&version=ESV

Regarding shrimp, as well as crab, mussels, clams, and lobster, as they do not have fins and scales: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Lev.+11%3A9-12&version=KJV&language=en There's also http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+14%3A9-10&version=KJV&language=en

Both are punishable by death, and it's right in the text. I do not agree that a man should beat his wife for disagreeing with her, obviously. However, I also don't agree that people should be put to death for eating shrimp, either. Again, just because it is written, does not mean it must be followed. Otherwise, if you've ever eaten shrimp, crab, etc. then you're supposed to die. That's the problem with saying the Bible must be followed word for word. Taken literally, anyone who works on Sunday must die, whether or not they're a Christian. Okay, there goes the majority of the population. Then what? What purpose does that serve? Does that include some of your family? Then you just condemned them to death by thinking we have to follow it. And no, it's not a stupid argument, it's picking and choosing what to follow, or not. That's the point. If you're okay with eating the seafood mentioned, you're just as guilty of picking and choosing as I am. And there's NOTHING wrong with that.

I'm not wrong in saying that faith can be used to cut others down. It has been used in just that manner - the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, and the list goes on and on. My point on that was two fold. It can be used that way, and it doesn't have to be so. People often choose to use the differences in faith to be exclusionary, or to take away the rights of others based upon their own religious beliefs. Well, what about the rights of those who do not want their freedom of choice taken away? Religion should never be used as a basis to determine legal policy, in a society with people of many faiths and cultures of origin.
33648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Delaware, U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/27/12

SlimShadyDogg wrote:

BTW, I respect peoples choice to follow a religion except jehovas witnesses. They just plain suck and are annoying. LOL


They're the closest thing we have to Mormons where I live. They need to get jobs and quit walking door-to-door trying to convert me.

How do they feel about Amaterasu, Ba'al, Amun-Ra, Hephaestus, Verdandi, Huitzilopochtli, Vishnu, Marduk, Anu, or Camazotz? That's how I feel about their god.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/27/12 , edited 11/27/12

The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:


SlimShadyDogg wrote:

BTW, I respect peoples choice to follow a religion except jehovas witnesses. They just plain suck and are annoying. LOL


They're the closest thing we have to Mormons where I live. They need to get jobs and quit walking door-to-door trying to convert me.

How do they feel about Amaterasu, Ba'al, Amun-Ra, Hephaestus, Verdandi, Huitzilopochtli, Vishnu, Marduk, Anu, or Camazotz? That's how I feel about their god.


Jehovah is just one of many gods that live in the Universe and he is isn't even the Almighty Creator. The lesser gods were created by the Highest. There is a hierarchy of lesser gods, demi-gods, and angels, right below the highest level who is Creator of All.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.