First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
What do you think about the world ending on December 21, 2012?
20733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/19/12 , edited 10/19/12
The first to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things — building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and sacrificing virgins

Futhermore, Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar predicts that the earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it’s likely they’ve got the end of the world right as well.

Give me your opinion. Thanks guys.

Besides from the Mayan calender and all, How about the world ending by Planet X, Nibiru, eh?
17941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Meh if it happens it happens, do I think it will? Probably not, but if it does there's not much that can be done.
8443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
ici
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
We'll see if it'll happen, that is, if we don't perish sooner.
o: i though the sacrifices were actually male...
332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Gensokyo
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Even if the world really was going to end then, what are you going to do about it?

I'm going to host an afterparty on the 22nd ^__^
20733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

M3wKitty wrote:

Even if the world really was going to end then, what are you going to do about it?

I'm going to host an afterparty on the 22nd ^__^


No invite? oh alright, I see how it is. lol jk
339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
if i'm not mistaken it is not that the earth that will be end on December 12, 2012 but the Mayan calendar itself... i heard that it never stated in there that it is really the earth that will be end...


beside i'm pretty sure that in December 12, 2012,there will be big parties set in different parts of the world to see and prove if it is really the end of the world... you know, there are some people want have a wild party in earth for the last time... at least they have a last happy memory on earth....hehehheheh... *kidding*
68184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Well ................

If you are looking at the literal translation for the Myan calendar .....

My understanding is that "There will be a great change" and the wold has already gone through 3 or 4 great changes in the Myan Calender already (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Overall though, I don't pay it too much heed.
39716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Reno, NV, USA
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Nonsense. The Mayan long-count calender simply resets to the next cycle, just as Saturday becomes Sunday, Dec 31 becomes Jan 1, and the last day of one century proceeds into the first day of the next one, and so on. On December 21, 2012, I'll go to work as usual, and then come home to my family to enjoy the weekend and the coming Christmas holiday. The only thing that might interrupt that will be something "mundane" like getting hit by a truck on the way home. I imagine Guatemala and other countries with Mayan sites will use this for a nice tourism-based boost to their local economies. When I visited Copan and Tikal in 2006 or so, they were already talking about this.
20733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

mylittlesweetprincessabelle wrote:

if i'm not mistaken it is not that the earth that will be end on December 12, 2012 but the Mayan calendar itself... i heard that it never stated in there that it is really the earth that will be end...


beside i'm pretty sure that in December 12, 2012,there will be big parties set in different parts of the world to see and prove if it is really the end of the world... you know, there are some people want have a wild party in earth for the last time... at least they have a last happy memory on earth....hehehheheh... *kidding*


I personally think the only things that are gonna end, at least temporally, are social networks sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr from ppl posting way too many "farewells" and such as a 1 last thing to do before the world supposedly ends. Thanks for your opinion though.
Posted 10/19/12

funnyginsan wrote:

Well ................

If you are looking at the literal translation for the Myan calendar .....

My understanding is that "There will be a great change" and the wold has already gone through 3 or 4 great changes in the Myan Calender already (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Overall though, I don't pay it too much heed.


This is correct. Google the info or wiki it OP. Additionally it's just the end of the Long Count Mayan Calendar for the current B'ak'tun or something. it's like a millenia count but larger. The whole end of the world bit started with some mainstream author in like 1966.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

Second paragraph down, 3rd line from the bottom.

Not saying the wiki is correct. Just saying I'm more inclined to believe it, since it's so damn boring it sounds legit.
54311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/19/12


Or maybe it'll even be rapture time and we'll get to see this guy again... although i won't be going anywhere, that's for sure.

68184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 10/19/12


If it makes you feel better in your correctness ......

I watch a ridiculous amount of "The History Channel" hoping and praying it will return to it's glory days. (it wont)

So I saw/heard the same explanation on there as I did the National Geographic channel ........ I should make a new thread toting my woes about the current lack of educational programming on USA tv. lol
48514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / U
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

funnyginsan wrote:

I should make a new thread toting my woes about the current lack of educational programming on USA tv. lol

Don't bother, educational television shows and McDonalds don't mix well, therefore Americans won't be interested.

As for the world ending, I'm gonna put about the same amount of heed into that as I did Y2K... just kept playin Medal of Honor til midnight and assumed all was well when the Playstation didn't cut off.
68184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 10/19/12

EvilBunnyFluff wrote:

Don't bother, educational television shows and McDonalds don't mix well, therefore Americans won't be interested.


haha Cute but utterly and totally inaccurate.

My main problem is with educational programming being moved to premium channels that cost more money thus keeping the majority of Americans in the dark. I doubt they would still be around if everyone in the US just didn't care about it.

Granted, Honey Boo Boo getting ratings over the Presidential Debate was pretty fucking disappointing.
58152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
It's a load of crap. The world isn't going to end this year.

The Mayans did not predict the end of the world 2012. This is a ridiculous misunderstanding of how their calendar actually works.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.