Fairy Tail episodes missing?
22899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Canada ✈
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Why is there only 5 episodes of Fairy Tail? Is it because I'm from Canada that it is only limited to US/Japan? I love fairy tail but this needs a fix.
Otter Modder
31757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Online
Posted 10/19/12

Yun-Seong wrote:

Why is there only 5 episodes of Fairy Tail? Is it because I'm from Canada that it is only limited to US/Japan? I love fairy tail but this needs a fix.

No, it is because they only have a license to show the 5 most recent episodes. I don't think this is going to change.
8114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/19/12
Funimation owns the series in the US and doesn't seem to want it here. CR can any stream the most recent episodes.
55767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 10/20/12

ric1987 wrote:

Funimation owns the series in the US and doesn't seem to want it here. CR can any stream the most recent episodes.


Funimation only owns the first season of Fairy Tail.

Even before Funimation purchased the rights to Fairy Tail, the 30 day limit was in place from episode 1. The 30 day limit (An episode is only allowed to be streamed for 30 days) is a licensing limitation with the original anime studio and has nothing to do with Funimation.
53315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/20/12 , edited 10/20/12
Premium Membership only too!

Watch em while you can, episode 149 disappears after tomorrow...
The Wise Wizard
79593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/20/12

-Chris311- wrote:
Funimation only owns the first season of Fairy Tail.

The also announced acquisition of the second season eariler this year at Otakon, although they listed it is only 24 episodes.

22899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Canada ✈
Offline
Posted 10/20/12 , edited 10/20/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


-Chris311- wrote:
Funimation only owns the first season of Fairy Tail.

The also announced acquisition of the second season eariler this year at Otakon, although they listed it is only 24 episodes.



That is bull shit. Why does Funimation have to license all their animes? And once its licensed there's nothing to do? **** Funimation.
Why they don't just cooperate with each others? I'm really pissed now. Why doesn't CR just license all those good animes at the first place so Funimation can't take all of them. The only good animes here are like Naruto Shippuden,SAO and Bleach.....meh not much animes in here.
The Wise Wizard
79593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/21/12

Yun-Seong wrote:
That is bull shit. Why does Funimation have to license all their animes? And once its licensed there's nothing to do? **** Funimation.
Why they don't just cooperate with each others? I'm really pissed now. Why doesn't CR just license all those good animes at the first place so Funimation can't take all of them.

Funimation licenses for home video (and sometimes broadcast as well), which means they can afford to wave a check at the licensor that has a much bigger number on it.

In the case of Fairy Tail, it doesn't affect anything as CR's license only allows them to keep episodes for 30 days, and it has been that way since well before Funimation licensed any of the series.

53315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/21/12
It is annoying when companies acquire rights but then don't take full advantage of them. It means others can't acquire the rights but consumers get poor or even no legal access. I know I cringe every time someone other than CrunchyRoll gets a show but it is out of our control and CrunchyRoll can only afford to license so much. The home video market probably helps Funimation but that company doesn't even make them for some of the shows they get which is too bad as no one else can make them...
55767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 10/21/12 , edited 10/21/12

hpulley wrote:

It is annoying when companies acquire rights but then don't take full advantage of them. It means others can't acquire the rights but consumers get poor or even no legal access. I know I cringe every time someone other than CrunchyRoll gets a show but it is out of our control and CrunchyRoll can only afford to license so much. The home video market probably helps Funimation but that company doesn't even make them for some of the shows they get which is too bad as no one else can make them...


Funimation has gotten better recently to compete with CR. Funimation offers a lot of their shows as internet streams like CR. They even have the first 48 episodes of Fairy Tail on their website. (Although you are still forced to download fansubs to watch the episodes between what Funimation has and what CR has, as there is no legal way to view them)


However, again, the Funimation license does not effect CR as CR deals directly with the anime studios for their simulcasts and the 30 day limit was in place form the very beginning, long before Funimation purchased the rights for the first and second season.
22899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Canada ✈
Offline
Posted 10/21/12 , edited 10/21/12

-Chris311- wrote:


hpulley wrote:

It is annoying when companies acquire rights but then don't take full advantage of them. It means others can't acquire the rights but consumers get poor or even no legal access. I know I cringe every time someone other than CrunchyRoll gets a show but it is out of our control and CrunchyRoll can only afford to license so much. The home video market probably helps Funimation but that company doesn't even make them for some of the shows they get which is too bad as no one else can make them...


Funimation has gotten better recently to compete with CR. Funimation offers a lot of their shows as internet streams like CR. They even have the first 48 episodes of Fairy Tail on their website. (Although you are still forced to download fansubs to watch the episodes between what Funimation has and what CR has, as there is no legal way to view them)


However, again, the Funimation license does not effect CR as CR deals directly with the anime studios for their simulcasts and the 30 day limit was in place form the very beginning, long before Funimation purchased the rights for the first and second season.


So basically the legal way is watch to directly from Japan? Brb going to japan
55767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 10/22/12

Yun-Seong wrote:


-Chris311- wrote:


hpulley wrote:

It is annoying when companies acquire rights but then don't take full advantage of them. It means others can't acquire the rights but consumers get poor or even no legal access. I know I cringe every time someone other than CrunchyRoll gets a show but it is out of our control and CrunchyRoll can only afford to license so much. The home video market probably helps Funimation but that company doesn't even make them for some of the shows they get which is too bad as no one else can make them...


Funimation has gotten better recently to compete with CR. Funimation offers a lot of their shows as internet streams like CR. They even have the first 48 episodes of Fairy Tail on their website. (Although you are still forced to download fansubs to watch the episodes between what Funimation has and what CR has, as there is no legal way to view them)


However, again, the Funimation license does not effect CR as CR deals directly with the anime studios for their simulcasts and the 30 day limit was in place form the very beginning, long before Funimation purchased the rights for the first and second season.


So basically the legal way is watch to directly from Japan? Brb going to japan


Or watch it on CR.
53315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/22/12 , edited 10/22/12
I am not sure from where you could legally stream all the old episodes even if you lived in Japan. Buying the Japanese DVDs might be the only way to get them all legally today, assuming the old volumes are still for sale.
You must be logged in to post.