First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What would you want your man to do in this situation?
44518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 10/22/12
Such different feedback from the ladies and gents out there. I forgot to mention my buddies girlfriend got mad at my friend for not being a "man" about it. I personally would not get physical unless the douche touched my lady. From past experience I had, every girl was different I honestly don't know how my future would want me to react to the situation. Seems like a lose, lose situation.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 10/22/12
If you're dating a hot girl, you're going to have to get used to other guys checking her out and hitting on her. Rest assured, when you leave her by herself to get some drinks, or use the restroom, some dude pumped with liquid courage is going to talk to her, either thinking she's single or attempting to make a cuckold of you. What do you do?

1. If the dude is only talking to her, don't sweat the small stuff. Your girlfriend is an adult - don't breath down her neck. Trust her to handle herself. Worst case scenario, she walks out with the other guy. Big deal, more fish in the sea. If you were able to bag a hot girl in the first place you can do so again. You ended up dodging a bullet with an unfaithful girl anyway. Next.

2. If the guy starts to verbally harass her, you can step in and let him know he's being a douchebag. No one has the right to insult your girlfriend. If you can calm the situation with a silver tongue, do so and move on. If not, it's alright to cut with words.

3. If the guy lays an unwanted hand on your girlfriend, or starts physically harassing her, then that gives you license to push him off her. If he tries to attack you, lay him on his ass. Be careful, as some people might carry a knife or a gun on them, but you have to do what you have to do to protect yourself and your own.

4. Be smart, the objective is to protect your girlfriend, not showcase your machismo and beat another guy in a physical contest. If you've distracted or disabled a guy adequately enough to buy time, grab your girlfriend and get the hell out of there. You don't want her caught in any cross-fire.

5. If applicable, and you think that dude might potentially be a menace to other people in the bar/lounge/club, let the bouncers or manager know.

6. Take your girlfriend out for some ice cream.

7. Profit.
Posted 10/22/12
My dude better punch a bitch out .. if not, I'm going to the other dude instead ...

End of story .Rofl
12977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 20.0167° N, 155.6...
Offline
Posted 10/22/12

Winterfells wrote:

If you're dating a hot girl, you're going to have to get used to other guys checking her out and hitting on her. Rest assured, when you leave her by herself to get some drinks, or use the restroom, some dude pumped with liquid courage is going to talk to her, either thinking she's single or attempting to make a cuckold of you. What do you do?

1. If the dude is only talking to her, don't sweat the small stuff. Your girlfriend is an adult - don't breath down her neck. Trust her to handle herself. Worst case scenario, she walks out with the other guy. Big deal, more fish in the sea. If you were able to bag a hot girl in the first place you can do so again. You ended up dodging a bullet with an unfaithful girl anyway. Next.

2. If the guy starts to verbally harass her, you can step in and let him know he's being a douchebag. No one has the right to insult your girlfriend. If you can calm the situation with a silver tongue, do so and move on. If not, it's alright to cut with words.

3. If the guy lays an unwanted hand on your girlfriend, or starts physically harassing her, then that gives you license to push him off her. If he tries to attack you, lay him on his ass. Be careful, as some people might carry a knife or a gun on them, but you have to do what you have to do to protect yourself and your own.

4. Be smart, the objective is to protect your girlfriend, not showcase your machismo and beat another guy in a physical contest. If you've distracted or disabled a guy adequately enough to buy time, grab your girlfriend and get the hell out of there. You don't want her caught in any cross-fire.

5. If applicable, and you think that dude might potentially be a menace to other people in the bar/lounge/club, let the bouncers or manager know.

6. Take your girlfriend out for some ice cream.

7. Profit.


cause I'm a flirt.... every time I walk around the club. I'm a flirt.....

28545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/22/12
So what happens if you hit this guy in the face, and then he comes right back and beats the shit out of you in front of your girlfriend? But that could never happen. We are all such badasses...right?
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 10/22/12

kinga750 wrote:

So what happens if you hit this guy in the face, and then he comes right back and beats the shit out of you in front of your girlfriend? But that could never happen. We are all such badasses...right?


Better for him to lay his hands on you, rather than beating your girlfriend. At least with the shit being kicked out of you, it might buy her time to run away, or at least an opportunity for the commotion to attract attention so help can come.

If it gets to the point where physical violence is happening, the important matter at stake shouldn't be male pride, but protecting the well-being and life of your girlfriend. It's your duty.

I don't think I'm a badass at all, hell I'm sure a lot of guys on this forum are actually bigger than me, and have some sort of martial arts training. But if I can take a few hits in place of my girlfriend, I would.

19950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Oslo
Offline
Posted 10/22/12
Punch him. Go right ahead and punch him straight in the face.
28545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/22/12

Winterfells wrote:

Better for him to lay his hands on you, rather than beating your girlfriend. At least with the shit being kicked out of you, it might buy her time to run away, or at least an opportunity for the commotion to attract attention so help can come.

If it gets to the point where physical violence is happening, the important matter at stake shouldn't be male pride, but protecting the well-being and life of your girlfriend. It's your duty.

I don't think I'm a badass at all, hell I'm sure a lot of guys on this forum are actually bigger than me, and have some sort of martial arts training. But if I can take a few hits in place of my girlfriend, I would.



Obviously if someone is looking to physically harm you or your friend, you have to step in. But this topic is discussing the merits of hitting someone in the face just for being a dick. Not usually wise to go picking fights like that. Works wonders in anime. Not so much in real life.
Posted 10/23/12

IHav2Fart wrote:

So recently I was hanging out with my friend and his lady. Some random guy was hitting on her in front of my friend and my friend just told him off and he tried to get aggressive on us. My friend held back and didn't get aggressive only got verbal with the random guy. Deep down inside I felt that my friend should have punched the guy in the face, BUT from my past experience most girls seem to get mad when guys do that. So the issue I want to bring up is what would you ladies out there prefer your man to do in this situation?


Dude your homeboy should have drawn down and shot that fool in the face. Gotta be decisive.
12977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 20.0167° N, 155.6...
Offline
Posted 10/23/12

kinga750 wrote:

So what happens if you hit this guy in the face, and then he comes right back and beats the shit out of you in front of your girlfriend? But that could never happen. We are all such badasses...right?


that would never happen...... I'd hit the guy in the face and wont stop there.... if youre gonna hit someone I was taught not to stop till the cops come.
36187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Where am I?
Offline
Posted 10/23/12
In all honesty, with me, my partner would only have to get involved when necessary. If a random guy comes up and flirts with me in front of my partner (whether it be male or female) I'd come off as a cold bitch towards them and edge closer to said partner. If he keeps it up, he'll find himself in a world of pain.
jpmonn 
26048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 10/23/12
Well, I am a 6'10 guy that's pretty muscular and only slightly chubby. I usually just give them a death stare and that ends it, I haven't had to hit any of them, but I am pretty sure I would. Only after asking them to politely move along of course. Of course my girlfriend is usually the bartender, (I often just wait for her to get off work and chat at the bar with her) and appreciates me getting some of the annoying ones away. Usually I can tell when she just can't stand them, so that's usually when I scare away. It's hard to tell sometimes, I have seen her kind of flirt back wait for them to ask if she's taken, then she points me out just to see their faces.
Posted 10/23/12

jpmonn wrote:

Well, I am a 6'10 guy that's pretty muscular and only slightly chubby. I usually just give them a death stare and that ends it, I haven't had to hit any of them, but I am pretty sure I would. Only after asking them to politely move along of course. Of course my girlfriend is usually the bartender, (I often just wait for her to get off work and chat at the bar with her) and appreciates me getting some of the annoying ones away. Usually I can tell when she just can't stand them, so that's usually when I scare away. It's hard to tell sometimes, I have seen her kind of flirt back wait for them to ask if she's taken, then she points me out just to see their faces.


Do you carry a battle axe and wear a cloak made of dire wolf pelts?

if you don't...

YOU SHOULD.
jpmonn 
26048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 10/23/12
Fortunately I date the nerdiest bartender in the world, so she would accept it (As she plays Pathfinder with me) and I appreciate the Forgotten Realms Reference.
Kyrek 
35684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 10/23/12 , edited 10/23/12

Winterfells wrote:

If you're dating a hot girl, you're going to have to get used to other guys checking her out and hitting on her. Rest assured, when you leave her by herself to get some drinks, or use the restroom, some dude pumped with liquid courage is going to talk to her, either thinking she's single or attempting to make a cuckold of you. What do you do?

1. If the dude is only talking to her, don't sweat the small stuff. Your girlfriend is an adult - don't breath down her neck. Trust her to handle herself. Worst case scenario, she walks out with the other guy. Big deal, more fish in the sea. If you were able to bag a hot girl in the first place you can do so again. You ended up dodging a bullet with an unfaithful girl anyway. Next.

2. If the guy starts to verbally harass her, you can step in and let him know he's being a douchebag. No one has the right to insult your girlfriend. If you can calm the situation with a silver tongue, do so and move on. If not, it's alright to cut with words.

3. If the guy lays an unwanted hand on your girlfriend, or starts physically harassing her, then that gives you license to push him off her. If he tries to attack you, lay him on his ass. Be careful, as some people might carry a knife or a gun on them, but you have to do what you have to do to protect yourself and your own.

4. Be smart, the objective is to protect your girlfriend, not showcase your machismo and beat another guy in a physical contest. If you've distracted or disabled a guy adequately enough to buy time, grab your girlfriend and get the hell out of there. You don't want her caught in any cross-fire.

5. If applicable, and you think that dude might potentially be a menace to other people in the bar/lounge/club, let the bouncers or manager know.

6. Take your girlfriend out for some ice cream.

7. Profit.



Winterfells wrote:

But if I can take a few hits in place of my girlfriend, I would.



After such an eloquent post to others about how to save their girlfriend and profit, I'll take a few punches for you and yours beforehand.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.