First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Do you see lolicon as a bad thing?
23977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Oslo
Offline
Posted 10/21/12
I think that lolicon is a totally different thing in anime. Because, in anime, we're programmed to think it's cute (moe!) but whereas in the real world, it's just plain creepy and weird.

So... no, I don't think it's a bad thing. You can't really compare anime to real life when it comes to these kind of things because they're just so different :/
14216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 10/21/12
don't really have problem with it although as already said in real life it creepy, also very punishable. I read a new article last week about a man here in the states that had that type of content on his computer and his wife found it can called the police.

Guess viewer discretion is really advised.
Posted 10/22/12

mesomuffin wrote:

I think that lolicon is a totally different thing in anime. Because, in anime, we're programmed to think it's cute (moe!) but whereas in the real world, it's just plain creepy and weird.

So... no, I don't think it's a bad thing. You can't really compare anime to real life when it comes to these kind of things because they're just so different :/


Exactly. I don't see the big deal 3:
5030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/23/12
i think its alright depending on what u do with it.. Its fun and ok just for something to have as a wall paper. but if you take it to far then it loses wat i am sure it was created for.
18596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 10/26/12

MistyCandace wrote:


mesomuffin wrote:

I think that lolicon is a totally different thing in anime. Because, in anime, we're programmed to think it's cute (moe!) but whereas in the real world, it's just plain creepy and weird.

So... no, I don't think it's a bad thing. You can't really compare anime to real life when it comes to these kind of things because they're just so different :/


Exactly. I don't see the big deal 3:


Yeah i kinda feel the same way. And besides "loli" is such a cute word I can't help but think of adorable little girls. Now if you say pedophile... thats a whole nother story.
57171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 10/26/12
Lolicon is disgusting. Sexualization of small children isn't really something that fits in to my morals. Yet I don't think it's something bad since it just boils down to nothing but imagination that just disgusts, but yet doesn't hurt anybody.


Kalashnikov88 wrote:

don't really have problem with it although as already said in real life it creepy, also very punishable. I read a new article last week about a man here in the states that had that type of content on his computer and his wife found it can called the police.

Guess viewer discretion is really advised.


I thought I've read something like that happening in the US a couple of times. Two years ago a manga translator in Sweden got arrested and prosecuted for having loli material in his posession. He was freed of charge by the supreme court just four months ago, and the case got the vast majority of the Swedish blogosphere to respond negatively as he was only prosecuted for posessing drawings and not photographies of real children (read: not real child porn), and that the case could be a danger to the fundamental law of freedom of speech.

Say, have there been any discussions on a wide range medial scale about lolicon in the US? How many opposed the idea of lolicon and how many saw no problems at all? How did they argue?
19520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/26/12
It's anime... so I'm 100% fine with it. I'd never stand for anybody messing with an actual child, if I ever saw that I'd put a stop to it. Though again... anime =/= reality.
14216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 10/27/12

HitsugayaFaceless
Say, have there been any discussions on a wide range medial scale about lolicon in the US? How many opposed the idea of lolicon and how many saw no problems at all? How did they argue?


Here they don't see lolicon as fiction, it fall's under pedophile laws. So if news does come up they don't mention if it was fictional or not. As i understand it 9/10 times a person found with these fictional images are convicted, but some have been overturned when pushed to a higher court but the damage it done.

57171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 10/27/12

Kalashnikov88 wrote:


HitsugayaFaceless
Say, have there been any discussions on a wide range medial scale about lolicon in the US? How many opposed the idea of lolicon and how many saw no problems at all? How did they argue?


Here they don't see lolicon as fiction, it fall's under pedophile laws. So if news does come up they don't mention if it was fictional or not. As i understand it 9/10 times a person found with these fictional images are convicted, but some have been overturned when pushed to a higher court but the damage it done.



That's quite sad...
Hasn't there been any official debates over this even once? :S
14216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 10/27/12

HitsugayaFaceless
That's quite sad...
Hasn't there been any official debates over this even once? :S


To my knowledge not really, it generally accepted as pedo. But its been brought up in cases that there is no scientific link between lolicon and pedophilia. Then again another case showed a Virginia man who collected pedo pictures quit doing so (after his release) and started collecting/viewing lolicon and was convicted again. So no "oifficial" debate that i can see has happened, just court rulings that seem to contradict one another.

Also importing lolicon to the states is pretty much out of the question for the same reasoning, but have heard of some dōjinshi's making it into the country but a 50/50 change or less of getting through customs.
56158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 10/27/12
I'm fine with it
57171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 10/28/12 , edited 10/28/12

Kalashnikov88 wrote:


HitsugayaFaceless
That's quite sad...
Hasn't there been any official debates over this even once? :S


To my knowledge not really, it generally accepted as pedo. But its been brought up in cases that there is no scientific link between lolicon and pedophilia. Then again another case showed a Virginia man who collected pedo pictures quit doing so (after his release) and started collecting/viewing lolicon and was convicted again. So no "oifficial" debate that i can see has happened, just court rulings that seem to contradict one another.

Also importing lolicon to the states is pretty much out of the question for the same reasoning, but have heard of some dōjinshi's making it into the country but a 50/50 change or less of getting through customs.


Right.

Have you heard anything about anyone getting convicted for importing or posessing ecchi series and posters as To Love-Ru, Omamori Himari, Velvet Kiss and those kind of stuff then? Just curious if things has gone out of hands over there yet, or does the ban only concern images/drawings of naked, flat chested small children?

What does the laws over there say about this in generall?

Though I'm not a follower of fan service, nor a sexually uncontrollable pervert of an idiot for that matter, I kind of get the feeling that the law enforcement of bans from right to left just keep restricting interests because of old fashioned morals...
14216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

HitsugayaFaceless wrote:


Kalashnikov88 wrote:


HitsugayaFaceless
That's quite sad...
Hasn't there been any official debates over this even once? :S


To my knowledge not really, it generally accepted as pedo. But its been brought up in cases that there is no scientific link between lolicon and pedophilia. Then again another case showed a Virginia man who collected pedo pictures quit doing so (after his release) and started collecting/viewing lolicon and was convicted again. So no "oifficial" debate that i can see has happened, just court rulings that seem to contradict one another.

Also importing lolicon to the states is pretty much out of the question for the same reasoning, but have heard of some dōjinshi's making it into the country but a 50/50 change or less of getting through customs.


Right.

Have you heard anything about anyone getting convicted for importing or posessing ecchi series and posters as To Love-Ru, Omamori Himari, Velvet Kiss and those kind of stuff then? Just curious if things has gone out of hands over there yet, or does the ban only concern images/drawings of naked, flat chested small children?

What does the laws over there say about this in generall?

Though I'm not a follower of fan service, nor a sexually uncontrollable pervert of an idiot for that matter, I kind of get the feeling that the law enforcement of bans from right to left just keep restricting interests because of old fashioned morals...


Ecchi series not really ... as some series can/are restricted by regions and other are licensed. Actually the 3 that you name are Licensed to sale here, I own Volume 1 of Velvet Kiss and awaiting the rest to be translation and released.

As to explaining the laws view



As for it being dated, i would say that it should be revamped or updated because i think that the way they have it has too many gray spots.



27418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Eureeka's castle
Offline
Posted 10/28/12
I'm confused. It seems like being a lolicon means liking small children. But I always assumed it meant being attracted to someone your age who just looks like a kid.
31106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Lichfield, UK
Offline
Posted 10/28/12 , edited 10/28/12
My opinion on this is that if you like loli because it is cute then thats fine, however I find the other side of it to be very creepy.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.