First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply Cosplaying, why do some people not "get it"?
27639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

haruka211 wrote:

Ah that's too far away for me :(


Lets clear that quote-a-thon >.>

That's too bad, it's a great convention. We actually had some people drive like 5ish hours from Western NY last year.
13563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Asia
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

haruka211 wrote:


jeanryl wrote:

Their dumb. Out of date. Cosplaying is real cool. Maybe they are not just into animes and other cool stuffs...but when they try it i bet they won't wanna stop anymore. It's not a waste of time really, because each second spent cosplaying is really worth it. ;)


I agree. I feel like once you try it you can't stop!!


indeed.. but maybe we just have to respect them ;))
19524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

niarBaD wrote:


haruka211 wrote:

Ah that's too far away for me :(


Lets clear that quote-a-thon >.>

That's too bad, it's a great convention. We actually had some people drive like 5ish hours from Western NY last year.


Oh it's more than 5 hours from me! I live in Ohio
27639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

haruka211 wrote:


niarBaD wrote:


haruka211 wrote:

Ah that's too far away for me :(


Lets clear that quote-a-thon >.>

That's too bad, it's a great convention. We actually had some people drive like 5ish hours from Western NY last year.


Oh it's more than 5 hours from me! I live in Ohio


Yea? I think it'd be 10ish hours tops if you live on the far western part. That's not that painful of a drive (then again, I might be a little bit skewed as I drove to Minnesota last month for a sisters wedding and thats a fun 18-20 hour drive)
19524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/12



Yea? I think it'd be 10ish hours tops if you live on the far western part. That's not that painful of a drive (then again, I might be a little bit skewed as I drove to Minnesota last month for a sisters wedding and thats a fun 18-20 hour drive)


I don't think I would drive more than 3 hours to a con unless I was on vacation or getting paid for it! lol

27639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

haruka211 wrote:




Yea? I think it'd be 10ish hours tops if you live on the far western part. That's not that painful of a drive (then again, I might be a little bit skewed as I drove to Minnesota last month for a sisters wedding and thats a fun 18-20 hour drive)


I don't think I would drive more than 3 hours to a con unless I was on vacation or getting paid for it! lol



Wait.. Con's aren't a vacation?
19524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

niarBaD wrote:


haruka211 wrote:




Yea? I think it'd be 10ish hours tops if you live on the far western part. That's not that painful of a drive (then again, I might be a little bit skewed as I drove to Minnesota last month for a sisters wedding and thats a fun 18-20 hour drive)


I don't think I would drive more than 3 hours to a con unless I was on vacation or getting paid for it! lol



Wait.. Con's aren't a vacation? ;)


lol true true! I just usually can't get away from work for more than the weekend. MAYBE friday too.
27639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

haruka211 wrote:


niarBaD wrote:


haruka211 wrote:




Yea? I think it'd be 10ish hours tops if you live on the far western part. That's not that painful of a drive (then again, I might be a little bit skewed as I drove to Minnesota last month for a sisters wedding and thats a fun 18-20 hour drive)


I don't think I would drive more than 3 hours to a con unless I was on vacation or getting paid for it! lol



Wait.. Con's aren't a vacation? ;)


lol true true! I just usually can't get away from work for more than the weekend. MAYBE friday too.


I suppose that's more of a valid reason. That and driving that distance is a bit crazy if you aren't going with a few friends too (I mean, I'd prolly do it if I had a few people to meet up with at the location, but I'm just weird like that).
19524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

niarBaD wrote:


haruka211 wrote:


niarBaD wrote:


haruka211 wrote:




Yea? I think it'd be 10ish hours tops if you live on the far western part. That's not that painful of a drive (then again, I might be a little bit skewed as I drove to Minnesota last month for a sisters wedding and thats a fun 18-20 hour drive)


I don't think I would drive more than 3 hours to a con unless I was on vacation or getting paid for it! lol



Wait.. Con's aren't a vacation? ;)


lol true true! I just usually can't get away from work for more than the weekend. MAYBE friday too.


I suppose that's more of a valid reason. That and driving that distance is a bit crazy if you aren't going with a few friends too (I mean, I'd prolly do it if I had a few people to meet up with at the location, but I'm just weird like that).


The only person who will cosplay with me is my sister. MAYBE one of my other friends, but I usually go to cons alone :/
19524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/12
Well thanks for all the replies but off to do some sewing! TTYL!
27639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

haruka211 wrote:

The only person who will cosplay with me is my sister. MAYBE one of my other friends, but I usually go to cons alone :/


Yea lately I can't convince any of my friends to really go either. I have one who goes, but doesn't cosplay. Others who I want to convince to go who keep just avoiding responding to my invitations to attend.

It's why I've switched to staffing the game room(since I spend most of the time there anyways). Thankfully I have a good handful of con friends who I see there (and keep up with outside the con).

Cosplay and Conventions are just so much more fun in groups.
15267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Miami, Florida
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

haruka211 wrote:


EightBitRed wrote:


haruka211 wrote:


EightBitRed wrote:

Many people never understand the things other people do because said people never give it a chance. It was the same for my stepbrothers when I had a good relation with them, they couldn't understand why I loved anime so much yet they are immensely into Dragonball Z which they consider "different". I ask them both to give anime a chance and they both agreed. I showed my older brother "Naruto" and he like it alot and I showed my younger stepbrother...I think it was Samurai Champloo or Afro Samurai. But anyways, it both changed the way the viewed my little hobby and stop teasing me cause of it because now they understood.

I guess when it comes to cosplay it's depends how attracting a male/female looks in said costume, it's all about eye candy. For example if you make an amazing cosplay (Jessica Nigri) you're likely going to be ask for pictures which then advertises you on Anime websites and possibly Gaming as well. This would make people who don't understand see through the hobby because regardless what you're wearing, you look amazing in it. If your cosplay isn't attracting then yeah you're not going to get admired as much by people who do and don't understand and will just grade you as average.


I see what you are saying here but I would not AT ALL put JNig in a category of "amazing cosplay". Not even top 50 probably.

Not the point lol, but yea, it does help being attractive. That is what she has going for her. She is what people call "attractive" and so even if she doesn't have good detailed/tailored costumes, people will always love her because she is "hot".



That's a pretty big statement considering Jessica is... immensely attractive and has the breasts to back it up (which is perfect for cosplaying certain characters accurately like Yoko). She also has ALOT of publicity, so yeah...


She is only immensely attractive to people because of her boobs... so yea.


When it fits the character she cosplaying yeah, I like it to be as accurate as possible.
4497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/28/12
Most of the people that don't get it probably don't understand why people cosplay. I'm guessing they probably think of it like Halloween "it's just dress-up."

I cosplayed once at an anime convention as Gintoki. The reason I did was so that I could show my love for Gintama. Even though I didn't have the hair I still wanted to be like Gintoki even if I was a bad one lol.
19524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/12



When it fits the character she cosplaying yeah, I like it to be as accurate as possible.


*facepalm* can't get through to you lol.

19524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

Bleach313 wrote:

Most of the people that don't get it probably don't understand why people cosplay. I'm guessing they probably think of it like Halloween "it's just dress-up."

I cosplayed once at an anime convention as Gintoki. The reason I did was so that I could show my love for Gintama. Even though I didn't have the hair I still wanted to be like Gintoki even if I was a bad one lol.


I am glad you cosplayed for the love of the character!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.