First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply [Floor 4] «Greede»
Halloween Champion
20942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Right behind you
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
"What do you need, you big, fat lizard?!" Yuuki practically screamed, earning the attention of many passerbyers as she struggled to get a hold of the the dragon that insitantly kept pecking at her precious head. It seemingly wanted to bring her somewhere, as it clutched the fabric of her manilla shirt in between it's tiny claws and tried to pull her away. Maybe it was just a nagging voice in the back of Yuuki's head, but she felt like it was trying to tell her something because it was so relentless; or not. Maybe Yuuki was just going a little crazy after having stayed up so many hours listening to the dragon screech it's head off. It was a baby, after all. As she finally gave in and let it bring her around town, Yuuki's shirt, as if being a temporary chew toy, was dropped as soon as the dragon reached it's desired destination. Her eyes were met with the bulletin board swaying on it's hinges as it moved with the wind.

A paper flapping in the wind, posted smack dab in the center, caught her attention as her dragon swirled around, tittering happily as it's scales shone gold in the sun. Looking at the blue words, Yuuki's eyes immeadiately shone, but quickly dimmed. It was starting to annoy her how quickly they found the boss room. Granted, Yuuki wanted to get out of this game as much as anyone else, but where would she be left with if she couldn't kill a single thing in real life. Even if she felt lonely, she now had another companion. It wouldn't help now to think of all the things that may be happening in the real world. She was here, right now. This, this is all that matters at the moment. Getting stronger; it takes perserverance. If she lost hope now, she would get herself killed.

But, no time to do that. As she stood there, Yuuki read the post multiple times, pondering what she should do. Her dragon nestled itself onto her shoulders as she thought, and she eventually decided that she should join this group. Heading over to the <Rum Runner's Inn> with the paper in hand, Yuuki treaded into the bar, dodging all of the drunkards. Once she had reached the bartender, he was cleaning a wine glass, as one bartender should do in his free time. She chuckled slightly, and the man turned to look at her.

"What can I do for you, miss?" He asked politely, putting the glass away. She brought out the notice from the bulletin board and held it up so the man's eyes could register the paper.

"I'm here for this. Where are they?" She questioned, trying to not sound too hasty.

"Back here." He replied as she was then ushered into the back. They traveled past a few vacant rooms before reaching the only roudy room on the hall. She opened it and watched the man leave, stepping into the room and shutting it behind her as she saw a some familiar faces.

Sub-Leader
19859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
Blacknife left his place after returning last night. He thought of going out into the combat area to see if the two ladies were all right but had decided against it. He didn't know how he would react seeing them and so like a coward he had just crawled back to his room. Walking through the streets he noticed a billboard swinging n the wind. There was a giant hole in the center where someone had ripped off the notice. Oh well, guess they don't need help anymore. With that he headed for a restaurant.

Just as he passed an inn he heard loud talking, approaching a group of people he asked what was up. "They found the boss room and are holding a meeting to make a plan" the group said excitedly.

"Well good luck to the front liners I guess" he replied. He didn't want people to know he was one of them. Not knowing how they would react he preferred to just avoid the trouble. "Where is the meet?”

"It’s in this inn, a whole bunch of really strong people are in there." replied a smallish boy. "You going to go in?" he asked

" Ya I guess, just to see what a strong player looks like." he joked and then headed towards the door. Just before he opened the door to the inn he heard behind him "Good luck, the rest of the players are cheering for you." Surprised, all Blacknife could do was do a half turn around and smile and then he entered the inn. Noticing none were in the front area he figured they were in the back so he headed there. Just after he entered the room he murmured "thanks for taking the notice off the board" sarcastically and then headed for a back corner. Not knowing exactly when it was going to start he closed his eyes and went into a very light sleep, trusting his instincts to wake him up if needed.
Player
87076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
Asuna had walked around town to stock up on potions before the meeting at 12. She knew that the other front line players might think she would be a weak burden to their group, but that she wanted to prove them wrong on that thought. Once she arrived at the designated inn, she asked where the meeting would be held at and when she got that information she went to the back room. When she got into the room, she sat an empty chair and began staring around. She was able to observe some of the other players in the room. There were a few that looked intimidating because of their large stature, some of the others were people who were older than her. Asuna most likely stood out because one, she was a girl, and two she was young
Posted 11/6/12
The last Mandrake exploded into various hexagons and Mizuko put her rapier away. Something about her instincts told her that the boss room had already been discovered by a group of players. Also knowing that her entire body was over exhausted and that she had enough training for the day, she reached into her small pouch tied around her waist and presented a blue crystal. Raising it above her, she said loudly and clearly " Teleport To «Parma»".

Upon arriving at the entrance of the safe area, «Parma», Mizuko heard many whispers everywhere. Some of them shot quick glances at her way and looked away before she saw. Then a small boy, around 10 to 12 years old that was brave enough walked towards her. "Um... Are you part of the team that is going to take part in defeating the boss? The boss room had been found by a group of players not so long ago." he said, his voice shaking. "Why yes. Is there going to be a meeting about how to defeat the boss? If so, can you tell me the location?" She answered, smiling and the boy relaxed a little. "Yes. I heard that they were meeting up at the back room of an inn called <Rum Runner's Inn>. Its right down this block."he said and pointed in that direction. "Thank you."Mizuko said and patted his head lightly. The boy quickly ran back to his friends and hid behind them. Giving them one last smile, she walked towards <Rum Runner's Inn>.

Opening the door to the inn, Mizuko saw that none of the players she saw earlier were here. " I heard that they were meeting up at the back room of an inn called <Rum Runner's Inn>.". The voice of the little boy rushed back to her mind and she then knew what to do. Before she acted, the bartender had reached her and spoke in a low voice. "Are you here for the meeting?". "Yes" she answered. "They are in the back room right now." he said and quickly returned to his duty of wiping the wine glasses. She walked towards the door at the end of the hall and pushed it open. Closing the door behind her, she looked up to see multiple faces that looked somewhat unfamiliar look up at her.
Sub-Leader
19859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/6/12 , edited 11/6/12
The room was filling up pretty quick. There were the usual suspects but there were two faces that he had seen enter that he was surprised at. The first was a woman with long chestnut hair that flowed out of her hood. He was certain it was the same woman he had seen near the water the other night. Great he thought, she is either really strong, or really crazy to be in with this group. But by the look of his clothes he thought it was more of the first, her clothes were plain and practical, and they had none of the normal flash some of the more egocentric players had. This was a good sign and he was cautiously optimistic. Guess we will know soon enough.

Just as he was thinking of dozing back off a second lady came in. To his relief it was the young girl he had seen leave the safety area yesterday and she looked to be calm. Great, this keeps getting better and better he thought. He was unsure if he should tell her what this meeting was for. Maybe she had gotten lost, or thought this was game and didn't realize the risk that she was putting herself in... He thought about it for a while and then thought better of it. He didn't have the right to judge and frankly they needed all the people they could get and with two rapier users they would be great for DPS. Thinking about what role he wanted to play, and what the group looked like they needed he looked around from the corner of the room. Noticing that the crowd was getting big he moved out a little more into the shadows, opened up his inventory, and took out a drink. He had a feeling this meeting was going to take a while.

The longer he was here the longer he was at risk of saying or doing something that would not be good for him. He disliked crowds, especially when everyone was evaluating each other. This, this was why he didn't like crowds and liked to leave right after battles. Every time he was forced into a large group he did or said something that would haunt him. Please oh please get me some place where I can stab something, just get me out of here he thought. But as he looked around he saw no relief coming. Yep he thought, this isgoing to be a long long wait. He left the corner and found a chair around the table making sure that he didn't block the entrance. then rocking back the chair so it balanced on two legs he waited for the meeting to begin.
Player
29647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
Ravus's breathing was ragged, he had been in the same spot for a few hours now and the sun was quickly approaching it's apex. After checking his and his pets HP while steadying his breathing he moved towards a spot he knew he could <<Hide>> and rest.

"Shall we have lunch?"

He spoke to the grey furry companion that was next to him. Receiving a happy yelp he grinned and opened his menu, spawning a chunk of meat which he handed over to the wolf before spawning an enormous sandwich for himself. Unlike this morning he ate much more casually while he stared up into the sky.

"Should we try to explore more of this maze? There might be something interesting further in..." He hadn't bothered mapping beyond this point, simply because his goal was to level and gain some extra col to fund himself with. Of course he would gladly participate in the boss battle to move ahead as it was getting more and more difficult to actually level off the mobs in this floor, but with no one in his friends list and the day dedicated to leveling he had no idea it was discovered.
Sub-Leader
32264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
"Another one," Wolf said after hearing the door open. The 6'5" (195cm)(((Sorry I keep changing it I know, but he's supposed to be 6'5))) figure stood on the left side of the door, up against the wall. He was left handed so he held his 6th 'meat on a bone' with his right hand keeping his weapon hand free. He stared upon the new comer with his golden eyes, evaluating what he can of her.

"This little thing is gonna help kill the boss?" Wolf thought to himself, staring at the girl. He knew he shouldn't judge people by their looks and that she might just surprise him, in fact, he was excited to see what she has to offer. "When should I begin on our battle plan?" Everyone's eyes gathered to Wolf's.
Sub-Leader
19859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
"Anytime would be a good time. We can fill in anyone else later." Blacknife said. "Besides the longer we are here the longer we could be missing out on other quests. By the way where is the guy with the wolf? Shouldn't he be here?"
Player
40567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Adelaide, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/6/12 , edited 11/6/12
The familiar blue light faded as the teleport crystal delivered Vyse to his destination. The town was busy, and excited chatter filled the air. People seemed to be excited about the upcoming boss battle. Whether or not they were participating, he did not know, but he hoped they would show support somehow. He began to move around town, purchasing a few extra crystals and an extra potion. Before long he decided he needed some food, and found himself at the <Rum Runners Inn>. He perched at the bar and before long had a plate of food sitting before him.

As he was finishing, he noticed that a few people had been ushered into the back room. Curious, he asked the barman what it was they were doing.
"They're meeting about the boos raid. Hoping to come up with a strategy," he answered, but before he could say anymore, Vyse was already walking towards the door. He checked a few rooms in the corridors, but they all proved empty, and only one door remained.

He opened the door and was immediately met with stares from the occupants. He could feel them assessing him as he walked across the threshold. Not too bothered by the stares, he moved to the far wall. Vyse crossed his arms and leant back on the wall. From where he was, he could see just about every face in the room. There were the familiar hulks standing off to one side, both as terrifying in stature as he remembered. There was also the reserved man he had helped with the PK group sitting near him who looked to be asleep. On the far side of the room he spotted a girl who he hadn't seen since the last floor, Yuuki. He gave her a nod and a smile, and noticed that on her shoulder sat a small golden dragon. A lot can change in a short span of time evidently. Finally, Vyse closed his eyes and lowered his head, listening intently at the conversations around him as he waited for the meeting to start.
Player
31599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / belgium
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
A couple of days had passed after the last boss fight and the fourth floor had opened,
nick had his weapons and armor repaired and went grinding on the lower floors untill they had no more challange left to them, he was convinced he was stronger then before.

He was amazed that when he arived the meeting for the next boss was already going to begin.

Well then. Nick thought, time to get to work.

He entered the room and saw all eyes on him. Okay so he had gotten noticibly stronger after last time, but the stares became to much.

He looked around the room and saw familliar faces.

He leaned on the wall and waited for the meeting to begin.
Sub-Leader
32264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 11/6/12 , edited 11/6/12
"Alright then, I'll begin." Wolf said introducing the long speech ahead of him. "According to the information we received about the boss, we know that he wields a one handed sword and a one handed axe. One handed or not, he is twice our size." Wolf was referring to himself and Zuloo as he shot a glance a him. "With that, we could assume his sword is double the size of mine." Wolf's sword was almost as big as his body and he could only imagine swinging the new boss's sword.

"Unless you're Zuloo or me, avoid blocking his attacks at all costs. One, it'll destroy your weapon instantly and two, you'll definitely go flying. Also, our enemy is a dragon slayer." Wolf said looking directly at the crimson eyed girl (Yuuki) and her new companion. "And we're talking about a real dragon. Consider him to be a very skilled fighter."

Wolf viewed the party, 8. "There are currently eight of us in this room. Two tanks and the rest are speed units. Tanks would only be useful to 'tank' in the situation that we could block attacks and take hits. Against an opponent of this size we need distractions. Attacking all at once would get someone killed. With that said, everyone needs to stock up on ranged weapons. It takes a full turn to switch weapons so use them wisely. Also, he is limited as to how many he can block but he won't be able to dodge, unless you can't aim. And another thing, this 'strategy' is only theoretical. That means that in reality, he might actually dodge every single one, we might be able to block swings and defend against his hits, and he might actually be faster than we think."

Wolf took a second to let everyone sink in what he just said. "Either way, we split up into groups. We should form at least 3 groups and Zuloo and I will, of course, be separated. I've said enough but I haven't mentioned everything. So with that said, any questions?"
Sub-Leader
19859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
So wolf was making the battle plan was he? Well then, he looked around. The two very very tall women sitting in their chairs looked unimpressed and made him feel uneasy. Especially the younger one, she kept sending death glares at him and he had no clue why. It's like she was taking her anger out on him. Oh well, he agreed with wolf that probably blocking the attacks was not the best idea but it multiple people got together and blocked it they might have a chance. It was something to think about anyway. As for the long range, that might be hard if the tank got in the way. They would have to know enough to be able to predict the battle to some degree otherwise what they threw might hit something or someone else.

He decided to speak up. "What about having those that use fighting techniques that require some room mixed in with others. For instance have the animals try to cause distractions so the rapiers could get a good chain in. Then have a tank cover them while they are stuck after their sword skills and the DPS work on him after he has attacked the tank. Just get cycles going along those lines....” It was one of the longest speeches he had given in a while and he turned red as everyone looked at him.
Posted 11/6/12
Mizuko listened as the battle plan was being brought out by two players. Then she stood up when they both had finished speaking. "Well.." she began, her voice calm and clear. "I was thinking we can split the party of 8 into two groups. One group would be the one to block the boss and also be the decoy. But of course like he said" She made a small gesture towards Blacknife. "We block with multiple people. The other group can attack from behind." She then quickly surveyed the room, looking at the eight player's expression before she quietly leaned back on the nearest wall.
Player
40567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Adelaide, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/6/12 , edited 11/6/12
Vyse stepped forward.
"I agree with the idea of splitting the party in two. However, I think we should even the teams. That way each party has a tank, and that way either party can be used to block, distract or attack, depending on the situation." He said calmly. He waited for a reaction as he pulled out a chair and sat at the table.
Player
87076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
Asuna looked around the room and saw two other females in the room and that the other males looked like they were much older. She was familiar with how the strategics of invading a boss room went, but decided to keep her mouth shut. Some of the suggestions spoken already were exactly what she was thinking. The main idea she had in her mind was to have the biggest and sturdiest players distract the boss' attention and keep its weapons at bay from the others. Since there were players in this room who were speed types, including her, they would be able to attack around the boss while the boss' attention is with those other sturdy players.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.