First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Human evolution and your say
1903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Guangzhou (but im...
Offline
Posted 10/31/12
Man has walked this earth for 2 million years, constantly developing in mind,body soul and understanding of the world around us. To survive in the conditions and terrain of the part of this world we belonged to, over time we have physically changed and evolved.
To combat and protect one self from the sun skin got darker in some, whilst lighter in other due to lack of sun. Nose bridges higher for different alititudes and temperature of air, leg's longer or shorter based on the style of hunting and gathering of resources available.
With the individuals of populations immigrating to different countries, half casted children and the developement of roads,technology, architectural structures and new inventions to constantly make our lives simplier.. we are slowly loosing the need for other pyschical developements to help us combat natural disaster and conditioning of our countries.

With this in mind what will our future generations look like? i question if different races will even be as indentifiably unique as they currently are. Will we be able to withstand disasters and or changes in the world? will we perhaps become physically weaker.. prolonged or shortened life span?
what are your views on this?
3056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/12
dunno. it does seem like we'd get physically weaker and a longer life span. wouldn't the weakness eventually cause the life span to lower, though?
23678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 10/31/12 , edited 10/31/12
I just KNOW this will somehow turn into a "Religion VS evolution" debate
672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California Centra...
Offline
Posted 10/31/12

saksiss wrote:

I just KNOW this will turn into a "Religion VS evolution" flame war.


Nope you're wrong! This will be a "Tastes great! VS less filling!" flame.
23678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 10/31/12

perotin9 wrote:


saksiss wrote:

I just KNOW this will turn into a "Religion VS evolution" flame war.


Nope you're wrong! This will be a "Tastes great! VS less filling!" flame.


Well I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't get my hopes up ^-^
1903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Guangzhou (but im...
Offline
Posted 10/31/12

pen8201 wrote:

dunno. it does seem like we'd get physically weaker and a longer life span. wouldn't the weakness eventually cause the life span to lower, though?


well i believe we will be more sensitive to disease ect. i can see us having to rely on robot suits in future as crazy as it seems haha iron man style
Posted 10/31/12
[


I don't think man evolution will get weaker and weaker...
I believe in this theory called Natural Selection.. (refer to this link: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_25 )
According to what I've understood with this theory..Living things adapt to their environment eventually when their generation gets weaker but then, the next offspring will eventually tolerate the kind of environment they are going to have..
The very good example for this is the Fish Kingdom itself. Have you ever wondered why the fishes living under the deepest region of our waters look weird and they don't go above water? They are actually the ancestors of the fishes we commonly see nowadays.. Perhaps the modern fishes can adapt the shallow part of the waters. We all know that our planet Earth changes its geographical structure because of natural changes so eventually new kinds of animals are coming to the surface and being discovered..
This is the same as human beings. City people can adapt to air pollution easily than people who lives in provinces.We are all capable of adapting our environment but this takes a long time for a body to fully adapt the whole situation except if you're flexible.

There's nothing wrong with continues growth of technology except if we have less abundant of resources. Only my thoughts
69680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/31/12 , edited 10/31/12
We don't evolve any more, since natural selection relies on the shittiest of an organism dying out, which doesn't happen anymore because of medicine and technology and all the other crap that we've invented just so we can live a longer and better life.
Basically, we've pretty much stopped evolving, and we're not gonna get better as a living being. Unless we become cyborgs.

I guess what you're talking about is devolution though, where we just get even shittier than we already are.
1903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Guangzhou (but im...
Offline
Posted 10/31/12

Hintkin wrote:

[


I don't think man evolution will get weaker and weaker...
I believe in this theory called Natural Selection.. (refer to this link: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_25 )
According to what I've understood with this theory..Living things adapt to their environment eventually when their generation gets weaker but then, the next offspring will eventually tolerate the kind of environment they are going to have..
The very good example for this is the Fish Kingdom itself. Have you ever wondered why the fishes living under the deepest region of our waters look weird and they don't go above water? They are actually the ancestors of the fishes we commonly see nowadays.. Perhaps the modern fishes can adapt the shallow part of the waters. We all know that our planet Earth changes its geographical structure because of natural changes so eventually new kinds of animals are coming to the surface and being discovered..
This is the same as human beings. City people can adapt to air pollution easily than people who lives in provinces.We are all capable of adapting our environment but this takes a long time for a body to fully adapt the whole situation except if you're flexible.

There's nothing wrong with continues growth of technology except if we have less abundant of resources. Only my thoughts

this is true but i think the whole idea of darwins and berkeley's theory of natural selection is based on human intelligence and one taking care of the vessel we call a body to stay on this earth as quality human beings.
if you think of physical attritbutes there is no way we are any where near as stealthy or strong as we used to be. we have evolved immensely mentally though.
Even if human population rises through "natural selection" take a look at the kinds of people we have on this earth.. those whom bum around,party,drink, have no work or intention of getting one and live off of others. These things often carry on to our children as hereditary traits such as in some cases mental illnesses. Independance i fear will fade and people who actually contribute significantly will too, this is where i see the world and our evolution at some point taking a bad hit.
1903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Guangzhou (but im...
Offline
Posted 10/31/12
this can also lead to human beings eventually lacking in tirbal/ co-ordination skills to live togther in peace. perhaps we become more selfish and self righteous as well? perhaps the world will be filled with war in future or perhaps i am thinking too far
327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/12
I am looking for immortality,brain chip for better memory,smarter and etc,3d printer and Simulated reality!
327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/12

mau5undead wrote:

this can also lead to human beings eventually lacking in tirbal/ co-ordination skills to live togther in peace. perhaps we become more selfish and self righteous as well? perhaps the world will be filled with war in future or perhaps i am thinking too far


in 25 more year its going to be very cool!
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 10/31/12
Lol the picture made me laugh.
Posted 10/31/12 , edited 10/31/12




My reasoning is actually being optimistic about our generation. Yes, I'm aware of that but I believe there are still possibilities of human beings getting stronger and preventing extinction.. Perhaps in history, many people "bum around", drink like there's no tomorrow, just go sexing anyone they meet, etc.. Do you know of the age before the Medieval period called "Dark Ages"? It is what it's called because in this age, there were no progress at all.. People go on tribes and kill each other.. There was no order and most were savages. Some people from there may had thought that mankind are near to extinction. But from this downfall, medieval period came into picture and eventually, renaissance period came, too.. For me, this is already a proof that human evolution grows stronger as new ideas, cultures and technologies grow as well. Like I said, it would take a long time for that full adaptation..

Yes it's true, human hereditary plays one of the most significant roles in human evolution. The environment also plays the role. So therefore, we cannot assume that the next offspring will have weaker physical and mental conditions though there are chances. Let us not come to assumption.

I don't believe independence will fade.. Perhaps there are still people who are not like what you are talking about.. That is including me.
Generalizing is bad reasoning habit.
69680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/31/12

Hintkin wrote:





My reasoning is actually being optimistic about our generation. Yes, I'm aware of that but I believe there are still possibilities of human beings getting stronger and preventing extinction.. Perhaps in history, many people "bum around", drink like there's no tomorrow, just go sexing anyone they meet, etc.. Do you know of the age before the Medieval period called "Dark Ages"? It is what it's called because in this age, there were no progress at all.. People go on tribes and kill each other.. There was no order and most were savages. Some people from there may had thought that mankind are near to extinction. But from this downfall, medieval period came into picture and eventually, renaissance period came, too.. For me, this is already a proof that human evolution grows stronger as new ideas, cultures and technologies grow as well. Like I said, it would take a long time for that full adaptation..

Yes it's true, human hereditary plays one of the most significant roles in human evolution. The environment also plays the role. So therefore, we cannot assume that the next offspring will have weaker physical and mental conditions though there are chances. Let us not come to assumption.

I don't believe independence will fade.. Perhaps there are still people who are not like what you are talking about.. That is including me.
Generalizing is bad reasoning habit.

That's not evolution that you're talking about anymore. Not in the biological sense anyway.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.