First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Human evolution and your say
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 10/31/12
Its sad that the we humanbiengs will never truly have the knowledge to know the truth. We spend to much time thinking the only way we can
13055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 10/31/12

BearSol wrote:

We'll start devolving then at some point begin evolving again. More and more scientists/theorists are coming to this conclusion.

Don't think of us as going backwards, think of us as starting over again.


I disagree. Humans can't devolve back because that's not really how evolution works. What I think is that we've stopped where we are right now and that medical advances in science are prohibiting our progression. There isn't any natural selection going on when the best of our species is mating with some of the worst.
4330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / HK
Offline
Posted 11/1/12
hmmm ... I think humanity will fall anyways But in a few thousand years?

With this in mind what will our future generations look like? I believe our future generations will not look that different than us, I mean we have thrived for a quite a while. If a mutation occurs that would benefit humanity, we would probably adapt that mutation and continue living, but so far, I am not aware of any physical mutation that would cause the future generation to look that much different than us.

i question if different races will even be as identifiable unique as they currently are. I doubt we will all become "brown" (all the colours mixed together) people as there is still prejudice and cultures that have superiority complex in this world. I mean, my mother will never let me marry anyone that is not Chinese I believe that by the time all the races have mixed, the homo sapien regime would have already ended.

Will we be able to withstand disasters and or changes in the world? All of the dominant species die/ evolve into something completely different, thus humanity would probably be wiped out in a million years? Especially since we're exploiting our own world's resources.

will we perhaps become physically weaker.. prolonged or shortened life span? We will become smarter as a collective society... Weaker Physically and we would probably have longer lives.

698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Lost
Offline
Posted 11/1/12

perotin9 wrote:


SakiAiza wrote:

I'm wondering where Homo sapiens took a turn for the decidedly worse. Was it when they started liking Bieber, the Jersey Shore BS, Rebecca Black or My Little Pony/Homestuck?


Why do these replies remind me of Mike Judge's "Idiocracy"? Great movie by the way. If you think about his argument it kinda makes sense. I highly recommend watching it.


I'll check it out. Thanks for your recommendation :). I just said that based on my area of expertise.

Also, I'd like to say that in spite of technology and our enlarged (but underused) brains, I deem humans to be the least evolved of all animals.
43656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 11/1/12

Chopsuey9444 wrote:


BearSol wrote:

We'll start devolving then at some point begin evolving again. More and more scientists/theorists are coming to this conclusion.

Don't think of us as going backwards, think of us as starting over again.


I disagree. Humans can't devolve back because that's not really how evolution works. What I think is that we've stopped where we are right now and that medical advances in science are prohibiting our progression. There isn't any natural selection going on when the best of our species is mating with some of the worst.


What do you mean that's not how evolution works? That's exactly how it works
Take a look at our senses, they've already devolved. A lack of need and a focus on higher brain power results in the brain we have today.
If you don't use it, you lose it.
ispy12 
32571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/1/12 , edited 11/1/12



I think it's sad to question that...who cares what we will become, we'll be dead.
13055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 11/1/12

BearSol wrote:


Chopsuey9444 wrote:


BearSol wrote:

We'll start devolving then at some point begin evolving again. More and more scientists/theorists are coming to this conclusion.

Don't think of us as going backwards, think of us as starting over again.


I disagree. Humans can't devolve back because that's not really how evolution works. What I think is that we've stopped where we are right now and that medical advances in science are prohibiting our progression. There isn't any natural selection going on when the best of our species is mating with some of the worst.


What do you mean that's not how evolution works? That's exactly how it works
Take a look at our senses, they've already devolved. A lack of need and a focus on higher brain power results in the brain we have today.
If you don't use it, you lose it.


No what I'm trying to say is that you can't go backwards with evolution. For example, it is known that our ancestors had tails, but eventually we lost them in favor of being able to walk on two feet because it provided better advantages. So why would it make sense to go back to having a tail and lose the benefits of walking on two feet? Anyway, I don't think our senses have devolved because I'm sure early man didn't have better sensory skills to begin with, so I'd say we're on par. Also, sure we're getting bigger brains, but we're always going to retain and use our animal senses and instincts. When we stub our toe it hurts, when someone punches us, we flinch, or get angry and retaliate. We work jobs to survive and preserve ourselves or our families. I fancy and often think about women which is an example of the need to procreate. We're always using our senses so they're not going anywhere.
159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 11/1/12
the truth is
the good answer
our god know about its
so iknow so u must know the true is easy to every one
just look good on ur self to see it
Posted 11/1/12
Whales used to have feet.






Seriously
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/1/12
"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the Unabridged Dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory." Edwin Conklin
18383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/12

Jdaimond wrote:

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the Unabridged Dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory." Edwin Conklin


That quote seems a bit inaccurate. Life on earth started simply as a product of basic elements that happened to be in the right place under the right circumstances. The point here is that the elements existed for other purposes before fusing together on Earth to form life. Thus, a better comparison would be to the probability of the Unabridged Dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory if the typesetting of all the English words and definitions happened to already exist in said factory for an entirely different purpose, and then all came together during the explosion. Still seems unlikely, but not impossible, especially considering the sheer expanse of theorized multiple dimensions and possibilities all occurring concurrently in the barely understood sphere of all existence we call the universe.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/2/12

Reptic wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the Unabridged Dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory." Edwin Conklin


That quote seems a bit inaccurate. Life on earth started simply as a product of basic elements that happened to be in the right place under the right circumstances. The point here is that the elements existed for other purposes before fusing together on Earth to form life. Thus, a better comparison would be to the probability of the Unabridged Dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory if the typesetting of all the English words and definitions happened to already exist in said factory for an entirely different purpose, and then all came together during the explosion. Still seems unlikely, but not impossible, especially considering the sheer expanse of theorized multiple dimensions and possibilities all occurring concurrently in the barely understood sphere of all existence we call the universe.



The idea that the universe has always been in existence has been thoroughly rejected on scientific grounds. The Laws of Thermodynamics show the universe must have had a beginning.
The First Law of Thermodynamics says that there is only a finite amount of energy and the Second Law says that the amount of available energy is continually decreasing. If the universe had existed forever, all the available existing energy would have already been used up.

The only logical explaination to me is that theres something that we humans can never come close to understanding. Because we have a limit on our inteligence, thers no way we could ever understand these things. Humans have always been getting better at understanding this planet we live on, but when it comes to the universe theres so many theories and not much things are strait fact. I will use a kid with a test as an example, He can get every answer right until he hits a bump. When he doesnt know the answers you can guess what he does. HE GUESSES. A lot of people chose not to believe in god not cause they dont understand, they chose not to understand and if god didnt make all of the universe than what did huh. Hawkings said gravity did, but he based it on theories.
I truly believe with all my being that there is a higher power and the reason some humans try to believe otherwise is because that is as far as there brains can go. Theres no such thing as IQ, theories or facts with him cause hes not something we humans can comprehend.

Did you know that Darwin was christain before his daughter passed away. He made this up as a way to get back at god and probably believed there was no god if his loved one can just go like that. My sister was going to die and my father didnt give up on god but instead he trusted him in whatever decisions he made. My sister is still with us and even if she wasnt, I know that it was for the best cause god works in mysterious ways. Id even go so far as to say maybe darwin theories was his plan so that he could find people that could hear all that mumbo jumbo and still follow him with faith. P.S I hope you aint one of those people that say evolution is correct so you can sound smart. also I think you picked me out cause you thought maybe because of my age i was uneducated, if so your a bitch.

672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California Centra...
Offline
Posted 11/2/12

SakiAiza wrote:


perotin9 wrote:


SakiAiza wrote:

I'm wondering where Homo sapiens took a turn for the decidedly worse. Was it when they started liking Bieber, the Jersey Shore BS, Rebecca Black or My Little Pony/Homestuck?


Why do these replies remind me of Mike Judge's "Idiocracy"? Great movie by the way. If you think about his argument it kinda makes sense. I highly recommend watching it.


I'll check it out. Thanks for your recommendation :). I just said that based on my area of expertise.

Also, I'd like to say that in spite of technology and our enlarged (but underused) brains, I deem humans to be the least evolved of all animals.


He grew up surrounded by archeological and anthropological (probably physical) influences (I think his dad was the archeologist and his mom was the anthropologist). That's where he gets his ideas for the nature of human beings.
1903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Guangzhou (but im...
Offline
Posted 11/2/12

Jdaimond wrote:


Reptic wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the Unabridged Dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory." Edwin Conklin


That quote seems a bit inaccurate. Life on earth started simply as a product of basic elements that happened to be in the right place under the right circumstances. The point here is that the elements existed for other purposes before fusing together on Earth to form life. Thus, a better comparison would be to the probability of the Unabridged Dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory if the typesetting of all the English words and definitions happened to already exist in said factory for an entirely different purpose, and then all came together during the explosion. Still seems unlikely, but not impossible, especially considering the sheer expanse of theorized multiple dimensions and possibilities all occurring concurrently in the barely understood sphere of all existence we call the universe.



The idea that the universe has always been in existence has been thoroughly rejected on scientific grounds. The Laws of Thermodynamics show the universe must have had a beginning.
The First Law of Thermodynamics says that there is only a finite amount of energy and the Second Law says that the amount of available energy is continually decreasing. If the universe had existed forever, all the available existing energy would have already been used up.

The only logical explaination to me is that theres something that we humans can never come close to understanding. Because we have a limit on our inteligence, thers no way we could ever understand these things. Humans have always been getting better at understanding this planet we live on, but when it comes to the universe theres so many theories and not much things are strait fact. I will use a kid with a test as an example, He can get every answer right until he hits a bump. When he doesnt know the answers you can guess what he does. HE GUESSES. A lot of people chose not to believe in god not cause they dont understand, they chose not to understand and if god didnt make all of the universe than what did huh. Hawkings said gravity did, but he based it on theories.
I truly believe with all my being that there is a higher power and the reason some humans try to believe otherwise is because that is as far as there brains can go. Theres no such thing as IQ, theories or facts with him cause hes not something we humans can comprehend.

Did you know that Darwin was christain before his daughter passed away. He made this up as a way to get back at god and probably believed there was no god if his loved one can just go like that. My sister was going to die and my father didnt give up on god but instead he trusted him in whatever decisions he made. My sister is still with us and even if she wasnt, I know that it was for the best cause god works in mysterious ways. Id even go so far as to say maybe darwin theories was his plan so that he could find people that could hear all that mumbo jumbo and still follow him with faith. P.S I hope you aint one of those people that say evolution is correct so you can sound smart. also I think you picked me out cause you thought maybe because of my age i was uneducated, if so your a bitch.



First off, intellectual quotient or I.q per say can not in my mind or my belief be accurately measured as intellligence is split into groups eg. mathimatical, kinetic, musical, social and many other intelligences/ areas that people excell at. if we were to have ou i.q truly measured, then i.q would have to be split and based on point systems for each of the intelligences. I think it's bias to base the test and point system on the mathematical, scientific and logical mind sets.

Secondly i do believe there is a higher power and will not go into how the universe came to be ect. as scientists have currently found a way to proove that we could quite possibly be living in a fucking matrix. Anywho back to the point yes a higher power.. but there were other religions of a higher power other than the christian faith and BEFORE christianity, i happen to think that christianity seems to have the most followers due it being the main religion of the very countries who founded/conquered some of the worlds largest countries and populations to date. Another view of mine is that perhaps we even FABRICATED these higher powers over time, firstly for self secureness.. it is well known that as humans we always need guidance or at least something to set rules in our life whether we follow them or not, or we are without direction. Thoughts have frequencies believe it or not.. it is a fact when you send out a thought negative or positive the universe actually picks up on it, it really does. Perhaps the continious belief of these religions/ mass strong collective thought frequencies over time in this higher power has ACTUALLY FABRICATED this "higher power" being.. perhaps god is truly within us all as we have made him become what he is.
i don't know.. its really late here and im just scrambling also
WHEN THE HELL DID THIS BECOME ABOUT RELIGON AND HOW THE WORLD STARTED O.O
1903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Guangzhou (but im...
Offline
Posted 11/2/12

assiasabrina wrote:

the truth is
the good answer
our god know about its
so iknow so u must know the true is easy to every one
just look good on ur self to see it


this answer is the weirdest answer in this forum thread O.O how does this have to do with evolution?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.