First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
Secrets of Men
9874 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
this looks interesting...but something tells me im gonna have to read back 7 pages to understand the current conversation about our gender...
9172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
1. Men are shite

end of story -.-
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 12/11/12

Jdaimond wrote:



Wow, im gonna start calling you rambo. Not gonna lie, most of theeguns i dont even know about.

I bet you were happy to get the FN Mag. If you could unload 100 bullets out of that thing standing up than even chuck norris would pisshis pants. Why did you switch to the fn minimi? Was it speed, reliability or just more accurate?

Can you give me an estament for price on the m16 and if you know how much they cost, some of the attachments like the grip handle and a acog scope? Ive always wanted one.

M2HB .50 CAL? AHHHHH $H**.

Did you ever shoot with shotguns of any kind? The AA-12 became popular in the 80s and that is the one i would have imagined them to use.





I'm no Rambo. that was what everyone who passed their Basic Infantry course used. (well Machine gunner's course for the 30 and 50 cal)
I was just a weekend warrior and a cold warrior. Yeah, I earned my dogtags but I've never been shot at.

The FN MAG is fired from a tripod mount, A vehicle pintle mount or prone from a bipod. It is a crew served weapon operated by a team of a gunner, loader and commander (Usually Corporal/Privates with the senior corporal in charge) It wasn't replaced by the minimi. It replaced whatever platoon support MMG we had in wwII and probably Korea. (Bren Gun perhaps, or maybe the C3 (see above))

The FN Minimi replaced the C2: among the many improvements was replacing the 'bra' holding 5 30rnd mags with 200 rnd 'party pack' and webbing pouches to hold two spares.

No clue as to price. I just shot them some 25 years ago They are illegal for civilian ownership in my country and frankly more of armchair interest since I'm living in a relatively safe and peaceful country (At least no one is shooting at me for not being an Alawite)

I've hunted with 12 and 20 guage shotguns of various type (single shot break open and pump) They are actually banned by the Geneva convention and any combatant from a signatory country that uses one is guilty of an infraction of the code under which the USA has locked up many of the detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

Sorry the AA 12 is a toy for those who think spraying massive of amounts of lead is a substitute for learning to aim. It's not a respectable hunting firearm or any more of a practical military weapon than an oversize hand gun shooting rifle rounds.

What has this to do with Men's Secrets however?


67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 12/11/12

CalifCat wrote:

another secret is all men like weapons and guns?


Only from the safety of a book or movie screen. However, I don't think any man even yet has completely escaped the cultural programming that says they're the warriors, the guardians and protectors (if you will) of their family groups. Men who fail at martial challenges often feel unmanned.

Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
You don't have to be warrior to be a man.
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 12/11/12

-Vega- wrote:

You don't have to be warrior to be a man.


I'm not saying you do, I'm saying the cultural programing that many men experience says otherwise.

43943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / colorful colorado
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
most penises are either showers or growers.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 12/12/12


Sorry the AA 12 is a toy for those who think spraying massive of amounts of lead is a substitute for learning to aim. It's not a respectable hunting firearm or any more of a practical military weapon than an oversize hand gun shooting rifle rounds
.

The AA-12 is one of the best infantry and combat guns in the world I believe.
Most are equiped with breach attachments so they are great for shoving into door knobs and locks.
Its durability is excellent too. They can be submerged in water for long periods of time and immediatly go to shooting with out a single misfire or jam. Dont know about mud though but most likely it would jam.
The recoil on a AA-12 is so weak that I could shoot it with one hand accurately, The stock is packed full of shocks and rebound springs and as you called it a toy, this is true because even a child can shoot one.
They are very accurate guns from within 50 meters( with the right choke anyway).
I doubt you would need it but they even make drum magazines that can hold 32 shells and its very easy to take it off and put it back on.
Even with the 32 round drum the most it would weigh is 5 pounds.


The only cons is that they are expensive and you can not carry another magazine. Still though, you would only need one person in your team to have one.

I never meant as a hunting rifle. It would be to easy with one of those. I like to use scoped rifles for deer hunting, shotguns for birds, pistols for rodents but hell, if You give me a 22. magnum I could use that for every kind of hunting.




67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 12/12/12 , edited 12/12/12

Jdaimond wrote:



Sorry the AA 12 is a toy for those who think spraying massive of amounts of lead is a substitute for learning to aim. It's not a respectable hunting firearm or any more of a practical military weapon than an oversize hand gun shooting rifle rounds
.

The AA-12 is one of the best infantry and combat guns in the world I believe.
Most are equiped with breach attachments so they are great for shoving into door knobs and locks.
Its durability is excellent too. They can be submerged in water for long periods of time and immediatly go to shooting with out a single misfire or jam. Dont know about mud though but most likely it would jam.
The recoil on a AA-12 is so weak that I could shoot it with one hand accurately, The stock is packed full of shocks and rebound springs and as you called it a toy, this is true because even a child can shoot one.
They are very accurate guns from within 50 meters( with the right choke anyway).
I doubt you would need it but they even make drum magazines that can hold 32 shells and its very easy to take it off and put it back on.
Even with the 32 round drum the most it would weigh is 5 pounds.


The only cons is that they are expensive and you can not carry another magazine. Still though, you would only need one person in your team to have one.

I never meant as a hunting rifle. It would be to easy with one of those. I like to use scoped rifles for deer hunting, shotguns for birds, pistols for rodents but hell, if You give me a 22. magnum I could use that for every kind of hunting.







The AA-12 is one of the best infantry and combat guns in the world I believe.


And don't forget: a violation of the Geneva convention.

Also while I don't doubt it would be devastating in CQB, it cannot fulfill the rifle's role in any kind of ranged battle. So I disagree with 'best infantry gun.' unless you literally mean 'gun' and then again, No it's not even as good as a cheap ass 60mm Mortar in the role of a 'Gun'.

6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 12/12/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:



Sorry the AA 12 is a toy for those who think spraying massive of amounts of lead is a substitute for learning to aim. It's not a respectable hunting firearm or any more of a practical military weapon than an oversize hand gun shooting rifle rounds
.

The AA-12 is one of the best infantry and combat guns in the world I believe.
Most are equiped with breach attachments so they are great for shoving into door knobs and locks.
Its durability is excellent too. They can be submerged in water for long periods of time and immediatly go to shooting with out a single misfire or jam. Dont know about mud though but most likely it would jam.
The recoil on a AA-12 is so weak that I could shoot it with one hand accurately, The stock is packed full of shocks and rebound springs and as you called it a toy, this is true because even a child can shoot one.
They are very accurate guns from within 50 meters( with the right choke anyway).
I doubt you would need it but they even make drum magazines that can hold 32 shells and its very easy to take it off and put it back on.
Even with the 32 round drum the most it would weigh is 5 pounds.


The only cons is that they are expensive and you can not carry another magazine. Still though, you would only need one person in your team to have one.

I never meant as a hunting rifle. It would be to easy with one of those. I like to use scoped rifles for deer hunting, shotguns for birds, pistols for rodents but hell, if You give me a 22. magnum I could use that for every kind of hunting.






And don't forget: a violation of the Geneva convention.



What is that? Is that particular to the place that you live because theres no law saying that I can't own an AA-12 in America. Probably needs some paper work signed and a permit though.
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 12/12/12

Jdaimond wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:



Sorry the AA 12 is a toy for those who think spraying massive of amounts of lead is a substitute for learning to aim. It's not a respectable hunting firearm or any more of a practical military weapon than an oversize hand gun shooting rifle rounds
.

The AA-12 is one of the best infantry and combat guns in the world I believe.
Most are equiped with breach attachments so they are great for shoving into door knobs and locks.
Its durability is excellent too. They can be submerged in water for long periods of time and immediatly go to shooting with out a single misfire or jam. Dont know about mud though but most likely it would jam.
The recoil on a AA-12 is so weak that I could shoot it with one hand accurately, The stock is packed full of shocks and rebound springs and as you called it a toy, this is true because even a child can shoot one.
They are very accurate guns from within 50 meters( with the right choke anyway).
I doubt you would need it but they even make drum magazines that can hold 32 shells and its very easy to take it off and put it back on.
Even with the 32 round drum the most it would weigh is 5 pounds.


The only cons is that they are expensive and you can not carry another magazine. Still though, you would only need one person in your team to have one.

I never meant as a hunting rifle. It would be to easy with one of those. I like to use scoped rifles for deer hunting, shotguns for birds, pistols for rodents but hell, if You give me a 22. magnum I could use that for every kind of hunting.






And don't forget: a violation of the Geneva convention.



What is that? Is that particular to the place that you live because theres no law saying that I can't own an AA-12 in America. Probably needs some paper work signed and a permit though.


Geneva is a city in Switzerland. The Geneva convention was a meeting of world governments addressing the treatment of citizens, foreigners, and prisoners of war. This was in 1949.
25563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Online
Posted 12/12/12

Jdaimond wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

And don't forget: a violation of the Geneva convention.

What is that? Is that particular to the place that you live because theres no law saying that I can't own an AA-12 in America. Probably needs some paper work signed and a permit though.


http://www.icrc.org/eng/war-and-law/treaties-customary-law/geneva-conventions/overview-geneva-conventions.htm
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 12/12/12

Jdaimond wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:



Sorry the AA 12 is a toy for those who think spraying massive of amounts of lead is a substitute for learning to aim. It's not a respectable hunting firearm or any more of a practical military weapon than an oversize hand gun shooting rifle rounds
.

The AA-12 is one of the best infantry and combat guns in the world I believe.
Most are equiped with breach attachments so they are great for shoving into door knobs and locks.
Its durability is excellent too. They can be submerged in water for long periods of time and immediatly go to shooting with out a single misfire or jam. Dont know about mud though but most likely it would jam.
The recoil on a AA-12 is so weak that I could shoot it with one hand accurately, The stock is packed full of shocks and rebound springs and as you called it a toy, this is true because even a child can shoot one.
They are very accurate guns from within 50 meters( with the right choke anyway).
I doubt you would need it but they even make drum magazines that can hold 32 shells and its very easy to take it off and put it back on.
Even with the 32 round drum the most it would weigh is 5 pounds.


The only cons is that they are expensive and you can not carry another magazine. Still though, you would only need one person in your team to have one.

I never meant as a hunting rifle. It would be to easy with one of those. I like to use scoped rifles for deer hunting, shotguns for birds, pistols for rodents but hell, if You give me a 22. magnum I could use that for every kind of hunting.






And don't forget: a violation of the Geneva convention.



What is that? Is that particular to the place that you live because theres no law saying that I can't own an AA-12 in America. Probably needs some paper work signed and a permit though.


oh my god...

The Geneva convention is a series of a treaties that 'civilized' nations accept as the rules under which they will conduct war.
It governs treatment of prisoners, kinds of weapons you can use (no you can't deliberately use organic materials like wood for your bullets). What it means to surrender. IE it's a violation of the convention to fake a surrender. Need for Uniforms (no hiding among the civilian population, no pretending to be your enemy). It's under these rules that the US made sure it's prisoners in Guantanamo were classified as 'illegal combatants' in order to avoid having give them the rights and privileges due under the treaty(ies) to captured soldiers. Violation of these rules is one of the ways we differentiate between Warfare and Terrorism.

Combat Shotguns are a violation of these rules.

ERGO... I've never learned to use one in combat. and it CAN'T be the best infantry weapon because LEGAL infantry won't have it.

For god sakes dude Read a book!

806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 12/12/12
^ I tried to give a simple explanation papagolfwhiskey. But yeah I'm with ya they need to open a history book!
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 12/12/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:



Sorry the AA 12 is a toy for those who think spraying massive of amounts of lead is a substitute for learning to aim. It's not a respectable hunting firearm or any more of a practical military weapon than an oversize hand gun shooting rifle rounds
.

The AA-12 is one of the best infantry and combat guns in the world I believe.
Most are equiped with breach attachments so they are great for shoving into door knobs and locks.
Its durability is excellent too. They can be submerged in water for long periods of time and immediatly go to shooting with out a single misfire or jam. Dont know about mud though but most likely it would jam.
The recoil on a AA-12 is so weak that I could shoot it with one hand accurately, The stock is packed full of shocks and rebound springs and as you called it a toy, this is true because even a child can shoot one.
They are very accurate guns from within 50 meters( with the right choke anyway).
I doubt you would need it but they even make drum magazines that can hold 32 shells and its very easy to take it off and put it back on.
Even with the 32 round drum the most it would weigh is 5 pounds.


The only cons is that they are expensive and you can not carry another magazine. Still though, you would only need one person in your team to have one.

I never meant as a hunting rifle. It would be to easy with one of those. I like to use scoped rifles for deer hunting, shotguns for birds, pistols for rodents but hell, if You give me a 22. magnum I could use that for every kind of hunting.






And don't forget: a violation of the Geneva convention.



What is that? Is that particular to the place that you live because theres no law saying that I can't own an AA-12 in America. Probably needs some paper work signed and a permit though.


oh my god...

The Geneva convention is a series of a treaties that 'civilized' nations accept as the rules under which they will conduct war.
It governs treatment of prisoners, kinds of weapons you can use (no you can't deliberately use organic materials like wood for your bullets). What it means to surrender. IE it's a violation of the convention to fake a surrender. Need for Uniforms (no hiding among the civilian population, no pretending to be your enemy). It's under these rules that the US made sure it's prisoners in Guantanamo were classified as 'illegal combatants' in order to avoid having give them the rights and privileges due under the treaty(ies) to captured soldiers. Violation of these rules is one of the ways we differentiate between Warfare and Terrorism.

Combat Shotguns are a violation of these rules.

ERGO... I've never learned to use one in combat. and it CAN'T be the best infantry weapon because LEGAL infantry won't have it.

For god sakes dude Read a book!



I read a lot of books asshole and I particularly love ones about war.

Did you know that during the war between usa and britain, We overwhelmed them in new orleans so bad that we lost less than ten men to their thousands. There was a ditch miles long and so many feet deep. We built a wall in that ditch. I cant remember which one but this is how one of our presidents grew so fast in politics. He was the general who designed the attack.

You know the story of general custer losing so many troops in the battle of little big horn? did you know that he had the option of bringing 2 large gatlin guns (among the first made) but he chose not too because he thought they were to heavy and would onlty slow him down.

A particular story i loved that is not as known as it should be is the story of one sniper in vietnam that took out 16 people who were only 75 yards away and the only thing standing between them was a slow, shallow river. The spotter who was with him swears to the story. They were scouting and out of the blue an entire (I dont know what you call it, lets go with squadren) squadren of people appear right in front of them. It was dusk and the 2 men were laying prone praying that the people would not see them but sadly the people were heading right for them. Knowing that that the people were going to eventually catch them the sniper knows the only chance he has is to take them all out. The spotter carefully spots them all and as soon as they step in the river the sniper starts picking them off. Only unloading once and missing twice, that sniper picked off 16 people in 3 minutes. The spotter said it was the most amazing thing hes ever saw. The sniper and spotter earned many rewards but they both give credit to god for that day.
found that old book in a shed of an old school house.

So I dont know what the genova convention act was, Who gives a rats ass. Unluckly for you, you arrogantly told me to do the one thing i do all day, read.
I actually lost respect for you with the tone you used with me, acting as though I was a half-wit without even knowing me. You are a dick.I always look up to war vets but you are not much to look up to. I was actually enjoying our conversations before you got to acting like shitard. Aslo, I can tell by the way you replied to the AA-12 that you knew nothing about it. Just because you didnt use thiem in war doesnt mean they are not good guns. Get your head out of your ass. Dissing a kid for asking a simple question, I wish yo mama had seen that. She'd snatch ak not in your head

Take back the rambo thing and replace you with bambi.




First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.