First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
"Gangnam Style" Now The 2nd Most Viewed Video In YouTube
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
I, for one, still like Gangnam Style. I think it is great it somehow caught on in America and the west. That is funny to me.

Then again, I'm not overexposed to it. Maybe that has some of you mad?
16575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / SC, USA
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
Really? I thought Gangnam Style was one of the better viral songs to come out in years. Bieber, Rebecca Black, Jenna Rose, etc. are 200x worse imo. That's the way I look at it at least.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
I've got nothing against the song. I actually like. It's just that... maybe I've had enough of it. But what I think it's really funny is to see people who usually criticize music for its poor lyrics or annoying repetitive chorus, singing and dancing Gangnam Style as if it was so different.
1105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
I quite like it.
56209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
The whole Gangnam style hype irritates me. I am a huge fan of K-Pop and I find it ridiculous that people love that song over the countless other awesome K-Pop songs. It's an insult to K-Pop.
31872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / addicted to YOYO-...
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
hhhhhhhhh
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/12

momokoseiya wrote:

The whole Gangnam style hype irritates me. I am a huge fan of K-Pop and I find it ridiculous that people love that song over the countless other awesome K-Pop songs. It's an insult to K-Pop.


I think why Gangnam Style really caught on is because people are so amused by it, and the big reason they are so amused by it is it's very amusing music video. What makes it all the more amusing to Americans is that it is something Asian with lyrics they don't understand (I hate to say that, but I think that is a factor). I mean, I don't think it is the Asian lyrics alone that do it, it just piggybacks off of the amusing nature of the song from the video.

Does all that make sense?
17524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
It will only get more and more views...
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
Huh.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
I like the sound of it. What's that song about anyway?
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/12

-Vega- wrote:

I like the sound of it. What's that song about anyway?



I guess Gangnam is a district in Seoul, South Korea. He is singing about the exciting and posh life of the Gangnam district. I forgot what is was compared to. Maybe it was compared to Times Square, I can't recall.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/4/12

Dubnoman wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

I like the sound of it. What's that song about anyway?



I guess Gangnam is a district in Seoul, South Korea. He is singing about the exciting and posh life of the Gangnam district. I forgot what is was compared to. Maybe it was compared to Times Square, I can't recall.


I just looked up the meaning of the song. The song is actually a satire of the materialistic and rich culture of the Gangnam district of South Korea and the general materialistic culture of South Korea. I bet most people that have listened to this song and also the people that highly dislike it just because it's popular/trendy to dislike something that's popular don't know the meaning of the song.
50278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Phatuum Thani, Th...
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
I like it for the beat, Psy does a lot of good music, but i dont understand why gangnam is this popular D:
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/12

-Vega- wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

I like the sound of it. What's that song about anyway?



I guess Gangnam is a district in Seoul, South Korea. He is singing about the exciting and posh life of the Gangnam district. I forgot what is was compared to. Maybe it was compared to Times Square, I can't recall.


I just looked up the meaning of the song. The song is actually a satire of the materialistic and rich culture of the Gangnam district of South Korea and the general materialistic culture of South Korea. I bet most people that have listened to this song and also the people that highly dislike it just because it's popular/trendy to dislike something that's popular don't know the meaning of the song.



Haha, happens all the time. Look at "Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen as a great example. When that song first became a hit in the 80s, you'd have it playing at race car shows and sporting events and American holiday events and people would be like "Yeah, this song is about our country and makes me feel more patriotic!" and if you read the lyrics, you find the song is really an anti-war song. It is an anti-Vietnam War song.

Another example I can think of off the top of my head is the song "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots. It was a big hit in the early part of the 90s, and most people don't even know what the song is about. I'm sure a whole lotta Stone Temple Pilots fans don't know what it is about.
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ♬アメリカ//東京
Offline
Posted 11/5/12 , edited 11/5/12
And here I am,

still never heard the song nor have I watched the video.

I have no need or desire to look up this man and his pointless video.
So many people are just sick of it now from what I see.

I heard it even plays on American radio.. why.. -_-
There are so many good songs in k-pop yet this is the one that gets noticed..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.