First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Who are you voting for today?
6612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/6/12

karmacide wrote:


Tekrelious wrote:


Nuclearspy wrote:


Tekrelious wrote:

Mormon are not Christian?

Hahaha.



http://www.lds.org/library/display/0%2C4945%2C106-1-2-1%2CFF.html


Are you disputing?

First off, Article 8 contradicts the Bible. The Book of Mormon has been proven false by all archeology data, plagiarized chapters from the Bible, Has theology that contradicts the OT.
Article 10 is false under Christianity. There are 12 tribes of Israel. Its a false claim to say that there will be a "new Jerusalem" in america. It actually is in several different ways wrong about the End times.
Article 11 is also false. It is not possible to worship God in the ANY instance of how or what "they may".
Article 12 is also false. We are to obey the law of the land, but remain to our convictions. Any law that contradicts our beliefs, we are not under any obligation to to obey it, honor it, or sustain it.

Let me clarify Article 1 for you. This is a false trinitarian doctrine. Upon closer look at their theology, you'll find that they believe that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers, and that the "heavenly father" procreated with with of his Godess wife's.

To expand upon that, their theology claims that YOU ALSO can be a God of your own universe and that is how this God and Universe came into existence. This is polytheism. Goes against all Christian doctrine, and all Christian philosophy.

Let me clarify what a proper Christian trinitarian doctrine is.
The father, the son, and the holy spirit is 1 personal and PERFECT God. Not 3 different people or "Gods".


I'm sorry you'll lose this debate.

1. You're on the wrong side of it.
2. You're spouting things you hear from people on the internet while I attended a religious university and went on a 2 year mission for my church so I've studied far more than you have.
3. Your ideas about the trinity and God are not even held by all Christians for example John Milton (who wrote Paradise Lost) would agree with Mormons, not with you. Would you claim that he's not Christian? Also, have a scripture from ... the Bible! http://bible.cc/john/17-21.htm
Are we to be some amorphous mass with God? Or is he saying that we will be one in direction, in purpose, in doctrine, in beliefs, etc AS HE IS WITH THE FATHER!
4. Your views on our inheritence in the next life are wrong, easily dismissed, and provable by, of all things, the Bible. Care to read? http://bible.cc/romans/8-17.htm
And what are we? Heirs of god, and what is an heir? need a dictionary? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heir and co-heirs with Christ and what is Christ if not a God! Oh boy, I proved you wrong with ONE SCRIPTURE. Care to complain? Talk to god.

Argument over, you lose.


You both lose because you believe in bullshit.


If your not gonna commit seriously, STFU. Id have to say that nuclearspy won.
6603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
Thank freaking god.

Time to sit back and watch all the hicks cry.
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
Meh, my life won't be changing in any noticeable way. There was no way, regardless of who won, that this election was ending in a way that I was going to be happy with it. At least now I won't have to put up with either sides idiotic supporters for another few years, small victories I guess.
6603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
I don't think I will ever be satisfied with any president elected.


I'm really excited that all the political phone calls will stop. I seriously have like 30 something voicemails from all these special interest groups asking me to vote for Romney.
18603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle, and ever...
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
Capitalism wins again, yaaaaay.....
6612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WON. in ya faces. Now he just has to prove him self cause he definetly didnt last year. not enough anyway.
6603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 11/6/12

StealthWar42 wrote:

Capitalism wins again, yaaaaay.....




*waves mini wal mart flag*
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/12

bingo666 wrote:

Thank freaking god.

Time to sit back and watch all the hicks cry.

19298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/12

Tekrelious wrote:

I'm sorry you'll lose this debate.

1. You're on the wrong side of it.
2. You're spouting things you hear from people on the internet while I attended a religious university and went on a 2 year mission for my church so I've studied far more than you have.
3. Your ideas about the trinity and God are not even held by all Christians for example John Milton (who wrote Paradise Lost) would agree with Mormons, not with you. Would you claim that he's not Christian? Also, have a scripture from ... the Bible! http://bible.cc/john/17-21.htm
Are we to be some amorphous mass with God? Or is he saying that we will be one in direction, in purpose, in doctrine, in beliefs, etc AS HE IS WITH THE FATHER!
4. Your views on our inheritence in the next life are wrong, easily dismissed, and provable by, of all things, the Bible. Care to read? http://bible.cc/romans/8-17.htm
And what are we? Heirs of god, and what is an heir? need a dictionary? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heir and co-heirs with Christ and what is Christ if not a God! Oh boy, I proved you wrong with ONE SCRIPTURE. Care to complain? Talk to god.

Argument over, you lose.


O RLY?

Lets see.

1) Wrong side of what? History? Proof?

A. Archeology- There is no archeological support for the Book of Mormon. In spite of the fact that the Nephites and Lamanites are said to fill the land for hundreds of years building incredible structures and fighting huge wars, not one place spoken of in the Book of Mormon, not one coin, not one person has ever positively been identified and confirmed by any outside source. This is why there are no maps in the Book of Mormon. Mormons will often point to the Indian cities and edifices of Central America but when they are pressed they will concede that these nations and ruins cannot be positively correlated with any of the characters or locations in the Book of Mormon.

Additionally, there are numerous anachronisms in the Book of Mormon that archeology tells us should not be there. In other words, not only isn’t the book supported by archeology, it is actually contradicted by archeology.

1 Nephi 2:8 speaks of a river that empties into the Red Sea. No river has ever been found to have emptied into the Red Sea
. This demonstrates that the author of the book was not familiar with Middle Eastern geography. If the author of the Book of Mormon was truly from the land of Israel this mistake would not have been made.

2 Nephi 5:15 and several other references speak of the people working with steel. The methods used for producing steel were not discovered until hundreds of years later and were unknown in the America’s until its discovery by the Europeans. This passage is also interesting because this small band of people which may have contained 20 individuals built a temple “like unto Solomon’s”. According to 1 Kings 5:13-18 Solomon employed 30,000 laborers, 70,000 carriers, 80,000 stone cutters and 3,300 foremen, a total of 183,300 workers, to build the temple and it took them approximately seven years to finish the work. But amazingly Nephi builds a similar structure in no time with just his family members.

Enos 1:21 and other references mention horses. However, horses were not introduced on the American continents until the Spanish invasion.

Mosiah 21:27 says that the people possessed plates of ore. Ore is the rock from which metal is extracted. It is not a material from which anything can be made.

Alma 1:29 and other references speak of silk. Once again silk is unknown in the Americas until the coming of Europeans.

2 Nephi 10:3 mentions crucifixion. Crucifixion was developed by the Romans. It was completely unknown on the American continent. The word would have had no meaning to the people hearing it.

This is just a sampling of the many archeological problems within the Book of Mormon. In addition to these, the book of Mormon speaks of chariots, cement, armor, swords, synagogues and a variety of other items and customs completely unknown among the American Indians. Not only this, but the customs, tools and manners of the American Indian show remarkable similarity to those of the inhabitants of Asia, but absolutely no relationship to the inhabitants of Israel. In short, the Book of Mormon fails to conform to what is known to be true from archeology.

B. DNA Evidence. DNA research has conclusively proven the Book of Mormon to be false. Remember that according to the Book of Mormon, the primary ancestry of the American Indian is Jewish. Mitochondrial DNA research has demonstrated that the American Indians are related to the inhabitants of Asia who probably crossed over into this continent across the Bering Strait into Alaska. DNA research, conducted on over 150 tribes to date, has found absolutely no link between the American Indians and Israelites. The results of the study show that 99.4% of the DNA is from Asian sources and .6% is from European and African sources. None of the DNA correlates to Jewish or Semitic origins. Additionally, methods have been developed to extract DNA from skeletons which enable scientists to test the ancient inhabitants of America. Once again, the results are the same. The inhabitants of the American continents came from Asia. Consider the following statements from leading researchers in the field of DNA research:

“If you look at those genes most commonly found in Native American populations and those genes most commonly found in Jewish populations, they don’t coincide at all.”
David Glen Smith Ph.D.
Molecular Anthropologist
Univ. of Calif., Davis

“The DNA data indicate the closest affinities of contemporary Native American populations are with populations in East Asia and Central Asia.”
Dennis O’Rourke, Ph.D.
Molecular Anthropologist
University of Utah

“Archeologists and physical anthropologists have not found any evidence of Hebrew origins for the people of North, South and Central America…. The origin of the people in North, South, and Central America….was North Asia.”
Dr. Stephen L. Whittington
Anthropologist
Univ. of Maine

“ We are in a dilemma now. The DNA evidence shows clearly that the American Indians are not Hebrews, not Israelites.”

Thomas Murphy
Mormon Scholar
Chair of Anthropology
Edwards Community College
Doctoral candidate

“The genetic evidence shows that the American Indian came from Asia.”
Randall Shortridge, Ph.D.
Molecular Biology
Univ. of N.Y., Buffalo

C. Linguistic Evidence. Linguistic analysis shows that the language of the American Indian is related to the inhabitants of Asia. There is no relationship between the language of the American Indians and the Israelites. Commenting on the possibility that the American Indians are descendants of Israelites, Dr. John McLaughlin, after studying over 900 languages, made the following comment:

“ All the evidence we have ….points against it.”
Dr. John McLaughlin
Linguist
Utah State University

It’s beginning to appear that the Indians came from Asia and not Israel.

D. Logical problems. There are many items in the Book of Mormon that simply don’t make sense from a historical, rational perspective.

• The Book of Mormon was supposedly written in Reformed Egyptian hieroglyphics. Egypt was the land of slavery. Why would a Jew write in the language of an avowed enemy? 1 Nephi 3:19 says that it was in the wisdom of God that they “preserve unto our chidren the language of our fathers.” Remember that Nephi and his family were Jews. How does writing in Reformed Egyptian assist in the preservation of the Jewish language?

• The presence of Greek words and New Testament concepts. Remember that the Book of Mormon was written primarily by Old Testament era Jews, supposedly in Reformed Egyptian. How then does one explain the numerous appearances of words that are translations of Greek words and which contain New Testament ideas? These include the words; Christ (a Jew would have used the word Messiah), church, bible, speaking in tongues [occurs prior to the resurrection of Jesus in the BOM], crucifixion, epistle, disciple, apostle, martyr, anti-Christ, gospel, baptism, baptize, carnal, elected, type and Alpha and Omega. Are we now supposed to believe that a Hebrew man wrote in Reformed Egyptian using Greek words? Modern Mormon defenders will sometimes reply that Joseph Smith had to translate in the words of his day, but this simply doesn’t work. Do we really believe that Joseph had to use the word “epistle”, which means letter, because another word wasn’t available? It seems like an intentional effort to make the Book of Mormon sound like the Bible.


• 2 Nephi 22:2 says “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.” Aside from this being a plagiarism from Isaiah 12, the word Jehovah is a problem. Jehovah is a mistranslation of the Hebrew tetragrammaton, YHWH. This word first appeared in the 13th century A.D. long after the plates were buried. How does this word find its way into the Book of Mormon, especially considering Joseph was given the book phrase by phrase through the gift and power of God?

• The presence of other non-Hebrew words and phrases. Words like sally forth, methought, liquors, cement, headplates, machinery, depressed, faculties, priestcrafts and extinct are strangely out of place in this book.

• Jacob 7:27 ends with the statement, “Brethren, adieu.” Now the reader is supposed to believe that a Hebrew man wrote in Reformed Egyptian and spoke French???

• Alma 56:56 tells us that Helaman and his soldiers have just finished a twelve year war in which thousands of Lamanites were destroyed but Helaman did not lose a single man. Is this reasonable?

• 3 Nephi 8 describes a tremendous tumult that occurs to mark the crucifixion of Christ. The bible mentions several miraculous events taking place in the land of Israel including the darkening of the sun. However people in the Americas, according to the Book of Mormon, are subject to severe judgments. Entire cities were burned with fire or sank into the sea. Thousands of people are killed (3 Nephi 8-9). Why?? God didn’t even judge the people who participated in the death of Christ in this manner. Why would all of this happen in America?

• Ether 6:5 says that the Lord caused a furious wind to blow toward the Promised Land (America in this story). Yet the trip ends up taking 344 days. It is estimated that the boat would have only traveled 10 miles a day for the trip to have taken so long.



Come again?

2) Good for you

3) If someone does not hold that same belief on the holy trinity, then they simply have the incorrect doctrine that makes one fundamentally a Christian. One only needs to look at several verses to understand the doctrine.

Look at John 8:58, then look at the lexicon. That pretty much ends the debate. All Christians in the early church agreed that Jesus is God, and it was formally taken care of at the council of nicea.

Also, you cite John 17:21, you failed to get a proper exegesis out of it. Try again.

4) Oh, Romans 8:17? Are you sure you didn't look at the cross references first?

Look up Titus 3, Herbrews 1, & Galatians 3. Might want to get a proper exegesis of those scriptures. Read it again CAREFULLY.
Posted 11/6/12
OMG OBAMA WON HE IS HITLER WE ARE AALLL GONNA DIEEEE
Posted 11/6/12

karmacide wrote:

OMG OBAMA WON HE IS HITLER WE ARE AALLL GONNA DIEEEE


Nah, just the civilians he kills with drone strikes.
Posted 11/6/12 , edited 11/6/12

Jdaimond wrote:


karmacide wrote:


Tekrelious wrote:


Nuclearspy wrote:


Tekrelious wrote:

Mormon are not Christian?

Hahaha.



http://www.lds.org/library/display/0%2C4945%2C106-1-2-1%2CFF.html


Are you disputing?

First off, Article 8 contradicts the Bible. The Book of Mormon has been proven false by all archeology data, plagiarized chapters from the Bible, Has theology that contradicts the OT.
Article 10 is false under Christianity. There are 12 tribes of Israel. Its a false claim to say that there will be a "new Jerusalem" in america. It actually is in several different ways wrong about the End times.
Article 11 is also false. It is not possible to worship God in the ANY instance of how or what "they may".
Article 12 is also false. We are to obey the law of the land, but remain to our convictions. Any law that contradicts our beliefs, we are not under any obligation to to obey it, honor it, or sustain it.

Let me clarify Article 1 for you. This is a false trinitarian doctrine. Upon closer look at their theology, you'll find that they believe that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers, and that the "heavenly father" procreated with with of his Godess wife's.

To expand upon that, their theology claims that YOU ALSO can be a God of your own universe and that is how this God and Universe came into existence. This is polytheism. Goes against all Christian doctrine, and all Christian philosophy.

Let me clarify what a proper Christian trinitarian doctrine is.
The father, the son, and the holy spirit is 1 personal and PERFECT God. Not 3 different people or "Gods".


I'm sorry you'll lose this debate.

1. You're on the wrong side of it.
2. You're spouting things you hear from people on the internet while I attended a religious university and went on a 2 year mission for my church so I've studied far more than you have.
3. Your ideas about the trinity and God are not even held by all Christians for example John Milton (who wrote Paradise Lost) would agree with Mormons, not with you. Would you claim that he's not Christian? Also, have a scripture from ... the Bible! http://bible.cc/john/17-21.htm
Are we to be some amorphous mass with God? Or is he saying that we will be one in direction, in purpose, in doctrine, in beliefs, etc AS HE IS WITH THE FATHER!
4. Your views on our inheritence in the next life are wrong, easily dismissed, and provable by, of all things, the Bible. Care to read? http://bible.cc/romans/8-17.htm
And what are we? Heirs of god, and what is an heir? need a dictionary? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heir and co-heirs with Christ and what is Christ if not a God! Oh boy, I proved you wrong with ONE SCRIPTURE. Care to complain? Talk to god.

Argument over, you lose.


You both lose because you believe in bullshit.


If your not gonna commit seriously, STFU. Id have to say that nuclearspy won.


who the fuck are you and why should i be serious? ^^ look at all that shit, they are serious enough for all of us, considering the pointlessness of the topic.
18603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle, and ever...
Offline
Posted 11/6/12

karmacide wrote:


karmacide wrote:

OMG OBAMA WON HE IS HITLER WE ARE AALLL GONNA DIEEEE


Nah, just the civilians he kills with drone strikes.


Hooray CIA and having no accountability...
6612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/6/12

karmacide wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:


karmacide wrote:


Tekrelious wrote:


Nuclearspy wrote:


Tekrelious wrote:

Mormon are not Christian?

Hahaha.



http://www.lds.org/library/display/0%2C4945%2C106-1-2-1%2CFF.html


Are you disputing?

First off, Article 8 contradicts the Bible. The Book of Mormon has been proven false by all archeology data, plagiarized chapters from the Bible, Has theology that contradicts the OT.
Article 10 is false under Christianity. There are 12 tribes of Israel. Its a false claim to say that there will be a "new Jerusalem" in america. It actually is in several different ways wrong about the End times.
Article 11 is also false. It is not possible to worship God in the ANY instance of how or what "they may".
Article 12 is also false. We are to obey the law of the land, but remain to our convictions. Any law that contradicts our beliefs, we are not under any obligation to to obey it, honor it, or sustain it.

Let me clarify Article 1 for you. This is a false trinitarian doctrine. Upon closer look at their theology, you'll find that they believe that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers, and that the "heavenly father" procreated with with of his Godess wife's.

To expand upon that, their theology claims that YOU ALSO can be a God of your own universe and that is how this God and Universe came into existence. This is polytheism. Goes against all Christian doctrine, and all Christian philosophy.

Let me clarify what a proper Christian trinitarian doctrine is.
The father, the son, and the holy spirit is 1 personal and PERFECT God. Not 3 different people or "Gods".


I'm sorry you'll lose this debate.

1. You're on the wrong side of it.
2. You're spouting things you hear from people on the internet while I attended a religious university and went on a 2 year mission for my church so I've studied far more than you have.
3. Your ideas about the trinity and God are not even held by all Christians for example John Milton (who wrote Paradise Lost) would agree with Mormons, not with you. Would you claim that he's not Christian? Also, have a scripture from ... the Bible! http://bible.cc/john/17-21.htm
Are we to be some amorphous mass with God? Or is he saying that we will be one in direction, in purpose, in doctrine, in beliefs, etc AS HE IS WITH THE FATHER!
4. Your views on our inheritence in the next life are wrong, easily dismissed, and provable by, of all things, the Bible. Care to read? http://bible.cc/romans/8-17.htm
And what are we? Heirs of god, and what is an heir? need a dictionary? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heir and co-heirs with Christ and what is Christ if not a God! Oh boy, I proved you wrong with ONE SCRIPTURE. Care to complain? Talk to god.

Argument over, you lose.


You both lose because you believe in bullshit.


If your not gonna commit seriously, STFU. Id have to say that nuclearspy won.


who the fuck are you and why should i be serious? ^^ look at all that shit, they are serious enough for all of us, considering the pointlessness of the topic.


Nobody likes a person who disses someone elses debates for no damn reason so guess what you are, youre a troll and a dick
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/7/12
Statistically, most of the responses in this thread should be Obama.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.