First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Barack Obama Second Term
17933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/7/12
Meh I'm disappointed, but what can ya do, just hope he does screw things up further.
Posted 11/7/12

bingo666 wrote:


meipurushiroppu wrote:

i WANTED ROMNEY TO WIN...... I want him because I disagree with Obama's choice of legalizing same sex marriage and he legalized abortion! poor unborn babies T_T this is total bs...... It is against my morals for those things to happen



That's actually exactly what I was thinking just didn't think anyone else would post it first. SO MUCH FAIL but I felt bad because y'know she's only 14. Then I still:
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 11/7/12
I'm bookmarking this thread for future use because lulz of this magnitude are hard to come by.
74239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 11/7/12
Republicans really need to rebuild their entire party from the ground up. Too many old men with old ideas pulling the strings.

Need to rip it all down an rebuild it slightly to the right of the middle. Ditch the extremists and bible thumpers and focus on winning over the normal people.

5046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / Rack City, bitch
Offline
Posted 11/7/12
I just wish people would have realized that our economic issues are way worse than any social issues going on right now.
16780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / In the nation of...
Offline
Posted 11/7/12

uhohimdead wrote:


luv_anime89 wrote:


netdisorder wrote:

Can't believe people were stupid enough to vote for him. I guess socialism is cool now?





meipurushiroppu wrote:

i WANTED ROMNEY TO WIN...... I want him because I disagree with Obama's choice of legalizing same sex marriage and he legalized abortion! poor unborn babies T_T this is total bs...... It is against my morals for those things to happen


i agree with both of you. i voted for Romney hoping we could have some "real" change instead of the fake change we were promised. "Obummer" just changed his views on gay marriage to get votes and some other issues that he flip-flopped on. now we're stuck with this arrogant so-called "President" for another 4 yrs. that should've got so slammed to the ground for covering up the Benghazi scandal. this "President" has divided this country so much, it's disgusting.


so in other words: obama been lyin'?


in other words: yes, he has
Posted 11/7/12
all i have to say is GOD BLESS AMERICA !
44071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 11/7/12 , edited 11/7/12





I dont know what you mean by take credit. Republicans in the majority of the sense did not vote the Stimulus passed. (I like Tsunderes :D)

Though if there were people who said they did not want the stimulus, and then take credit for it, then yeah that is hypocritical. I was more or less talking about things like Earmarks, where Representatives to a state regardless if they are Repub or Dem bring money to their state because they have to represent them. Now loading up an earmark with money and voting against it would be a principled thing to do.

I really dont think Republicans are taking pride in a stimulus, or any government spending in general.

And whats this idea that being obstructionist is bad? If Dems wanted to bring back slavery and Repubs were being obstructionist about it, would you complain? Obviously not. So its not being obstructionist which is bad, it is understanding what bill Democrats wanted to pass and what effects would it have on the economy that would need to be known, and why Repubs are opposing it. Dont assume that anything called a Jobs Bill that Democrats pass is automatically a good thing. This is where Economics come into play.

WHat makes you think that Repubs are only for tax breaks on the wealthy? Do you know that the wealthy pay the majority in taxes? In terms of actual dollars and percentage wise? Why should they be taxed more? Why dont we all have a flat tax or better yet, no federal taxes at all and a consumption tax so everybody keeps all of their income.

What do you determine to be for the good of the country. Nice sounding platitudes wont cut it. What specific public policy proposals would you agree with and why?

You automatically assume that being obstructionist is bad. You think that any change is progress, and since you do, that is where the faulty logic comes into play. It is possible to be regressive and not progressive.

Economics 101 would tell you the market can repurpose itself if the government gets out of the way, but I wont be going into that now.

What makes you think increasing the min wage is good? If somebodys skills is not worth a min wage, he doesnt get hired. That increases unemployment.

Lowering the costs of living. Do you understand how to even do that? You expect politicians to do it by do you understand how this country become number 1 in the world economically? If you dont, then dont bother with asking people to do something if you dont know how its done in the first place

And why is income disparity a bad thing? If I make 100k and you make 50k, the difference between us is 50k. If both of us make the same amount next year, I have a total of 200k and you have 100k, the gap is now 100k, next year I have 300k and you have 150k, the gap is now 150k. So why in the world is a gap inherently bad? Its basic arithmetic that you would have learned in elementary school math which would tell you that gaps are natural. The only reason why the Left brings up the gap is because they understand that they can say anything which shows a disparity between people and get a whole bunch of support for it. They dont have critical thinking skills to analyze data.

What makes you think Superpacs are bad? Super Pacs are voluntaryily contributions, so they can spend the money how they feel like. Plus, its not like they can force you to vote for them. And if you are somebody who gets persuaded by a TV ad, then you are most likely not that much of an informed voter in the first place.

I agree the job creation is unsustainable, but I attribute that to anti growth policies of Democrats than I would for Republicans.

I agree that single issue voters are pathetic. But that works on both sides. So no disagreement with me here.

Death Panels. Well, if the government determines who gets the care instead of you, then I find that to be exactly like a Death Panel. But we can agree to disagree I suppose.
.
Oh well, thanks for the chat. Off to watch some Joshiraku <3
15960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cincinnati
Offline
Posted 11/7/12 , edited 11/7/12
^So much garbage in one post it's sad, similar to last night. I gather you're a supporter for Republicans yet don't actually look at the legislation they pass, let alone things such as why a lower minimum wage is worse, a flat tax rate would be fucking horrendous, or why income inequality matters. Like, do you have any clue about ethical conduct in politics and how the conservative right reaches the conclusions you've been fed on Fox News? Your research is so flawed, and when I read arguments from people like you, or anyone else for that matter, that hold true to these ideas I either think you're a big troll, have no clue what you're talking about, are really stupid, or just don't care about anyone else other than yourself and then try to self impose that conceitedness onto others. YOU are the reason the rest of the world looks down on America. YOU are the reason the world fears we make a stupid mistake. YOU are the reason we push a war for 8 years and then blame someone who comes after for not cleaning up well enough. YOU are the reason America is declining. YOU should keep your batshit crazy opinions to yourself. The Right tried to stare down reality in this last elections and as you saw by electoral votes they got shit on.

In any case, to directly reply to one thing in specific things like superpacs are awful BECAUSE if you look at simple statistics in presidential elections the vast majority of nominees that become president win based on money spent during campaigning. This would imply that companies that donate to a nominee then have a say in their policy because they helped that person get elected. A very simple example of this is climate change and oil companies giving shit tons of money to nominees. In turn, if someone like Romney was elected do you think we'd push forward green movement? Hell no, he'd suck their d's and pass any legislation that would give them loop holes and tax breaks even at the cost of worse harm to our climate. If you think that isn't one of the biggest problems in the 21st century you should go do some research on bioneers conferences, or simply look at the 98% of scientists who think this is the most pressing, modern problem we're going to have to deal with within the next 50 years or face irreversible damage to our planet. Personally, I like being alive, so uh, publicly funded elections with small caps that have less bias would be great. It'd be nice if, you know, a democracy was actually run by the people!
44071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 11/7/12 , edited 11/7/12


This is complete nonsense. My rant below

44071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 11/7/12 , edited 11/7/12


A minimum wage is bad because somebodies labor who is not worth a min wage does not get hired. If the min wage is 5 dollars and hour and somebodys labor is only worth 3 dollars and hour, he can not get a job because its illegal to do so. Therefore he can never get a job to earn experience to get a better job in the future.

An employer would love to pay somebody 1 penny and hour and an employee would love to get paid 1000 dollars and hour, but sense the employer has to compete with other employers who will gladly pay them more and sense the employee has to compete with people who would gladly work for less, both the employer and the employee both have to come together and agree on a wage or salary that neither of them wanted in the first place, thats how free market capitalism works so that nobody gets to *exploit* each other.

A flat tax rate would be horrendous? Oh please do tell. Only people who want to forcibly take as much money from people as possible to redistribute it on whatever they please

Income Inequality doesnt matter, it only matters to those who are envious and jealous of other people and those who try to exploit it. Its not a zero sum game. Its simple arithmetic and common sense that would tell you that income inequality is going to happen as long as people make different incomes

Ethical conduct. Thats subjective, give me objectivity, not your subjective opinions.

I dont even watch Fox News, but thanks for the strawman argument anyway, bust out some more logical fallacies.

Can you actually refute any of my points? Like give me evidence? I am stating basic economics and you are just using ad hominem.

Your emotions are completely irrelevant to what actually happens in the world.

Lets address your Super Pacs claim. That is nonsense. If I spent 100 trillion dollars advocating that 2+2=5 I would not win the election due to spending 100 trillion dollars, there are clearly other variables in the equation which determine success. Plus if you are somebody who gets swayed politically because of a TV ad, you are most likely not an informed voter to begin with.

Correlation does not equal causation fallacy, not everybody who wins an election won because they spent the most money. Fail.

So what if companies donate money to get them elected? Can they force you to vote for them? No? So they can only persuade you to vote for them? So is no force is done and only persuasion, just what the hell are you complaining about? Illinformed voters? Thats not because of money, thats just because people are stupid.

Dont get me started on Climate change nonsense. You automatically assume that the green energy movement is right. I could counter your point by saying that the green energy movement donates to candidates who hate fossil fuels or fracking or any other non green energy source. Lobbysits exist everywhere.

No I dont think climate change is one of the biggest problems of our century.

Oh so now if the majority of scientists say something its automatically true? Jesus christ your now using the logical fallacy of appeal to authority.

So once again, you respond to me without using any facts, logic, evidence, absolutely nothing except ad hominem attacks.

I think Im done with you.
15520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Ireland
Online
Posted 11/7/12
From Ireland so I don't know the pro's and con's for both individual to run, I liked Obama cause he was black. Yeah I know you don't need to swing much by me in order for me to like/vote for you! America is cool.
15960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cincinnati
Offline
Posted 11/7/12
Bahahahaha, America. I'm embarrassed to live here.
Posted 11/7/12

superluccix wrote:


Income Inequality doesnt matter, it only matters to those who are envious and jealous of other people and those who try to exploit it. Its not a zero sum game. Its simple arithmetic and common sense that would tell you that income inequality is going to happen as long as people make different incomes

Ethical conduct. Thats subjective, give me objectivity, not your subjective opinions.



lol you stupid sociopath put down the ayn rand
44071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 11/7/12


Ad hominem argument. Seriously.

Look Ill gladly have a civil debate if you would like. I dont mind. Im a fellow anime fan like everybody else here.

If you make 100k and I make 50k. The difference between us is 50k correct? Thats the gap.

If we make the same amount of money each and every year, the gap would naturally increase would it not?

The 2nd year you would have 200k and I would have 100k. Now the gap is 100k. You make the same amount next year and you have 300k. Now I have 150k. The gap between us is 150k correct?

So why in the world do you think a gap between incomes is somehow inherently bad in any sense?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.