First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
states legalize cannabis a light political discussion
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 11/9/12 , edited 11/9/12

PumeHana92 wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:


As for cognitive abilities and thinking... quite the contrary. Cannabis is known for opening one's mind, allowing the user to think much more.


Cannabis DOES slow your reacion time as well as lower men's testosterone levels, lowers sperm count, and gives you cancer.


I'd like to see source for this Cancer-claim of yours.
As for reaction time, obviously. But your reaction time has nothing to do with your ability to think. Just the speed at which you think.
Which the way I see it, must be sped up, since time is percieved to be much slower when one is under the influence of cannabis.
Although I could be dead wrong on that one.




PumeHana92 wrote:

This reason is a stupid reason to think Cannabis is okay to smoke


Irrelevant. Fact still stands that they all smoked it, and they all smoked it for a reason.


3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 11/9/12

Syndicaidramon wrote:
Which is why you don't give it to children.
As for cognitive abilities and thinking... quite the contrary. Cannabis is known for opening one's mind, allowing the user to think much more.
There's a reason why great people like Carl Sagan, Steve Jobs, Francis Crick, Richard Feynman and many more smoked it.


My point is that, if it becomes legal, then children and adolescents are more likely to have access to those drugs. Just like a lot of 14 years old nowadays are already smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.

Do you have any idea of how easy it is for kids to get a hold of drugs today now that it's still illegal?
All you have to do is know some shady people, or know someone who knows some shady people, and you've practicly got an open doorway to all the drugs you want, as long as you have the cash.
Drug-dealer don't care how old you are. If you have money, you're a customer. Simple as that.

Kids will always find ways to get their hands on drugs, regardless of wheather it's illegal or not.
Posted 11/9/12 , edited 11/9/12

Syndicaidramon wrote:

Do you have any idea of how easy it is for kids to get a hold of drugs today now that it's still illegal?
All you have to do is know some shady people, or know someone who knows some shady people, and you've practicly got an open doorway to all the drugs you want, as long as you have the cash.
Drug-dealer don't care how old you are. If you have money, you're a customer. Simple as that.

Kids will always find ways to get their hands on drugs, regardless of wheather it's illegal or not.


Yes I do. Do you know how many of those kids are unsuccessful later in life because of dysfunctional cognitive abilities and/or addiction? And constantly has to check into rehab... go on welfare programs?

Why would you want to legalise it and increase the number of kids going to rehab?
74596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / U
Offline
Posted 11/9/12
Did someone really just say there would be an increase in the number of kids who would need to go to rehab because of pot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vpin9VhNck
10028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/12 , edited 11/9/12
I can't like that Half Baked link enough.

@GayAsianBoy: Do you realise how potentially dangerous caffeine and prescription drugs are? Or why don't we just make fast food illegal because of how much it increases the risk of obesity?

This argument is about the right to exercise free will and all of your unfounded statements aren't going to make this any less meaningful. Marijuana being illegal has no benefit to society.

Also in regards to the condom statement, you do realise they're not proven to be 100% effective, right?
18603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle, and ever...
Offline
Posted 11/9/12

stoneroth wrote:



This argument is about the right to exercise free will and all of your unfounded statements aren't going to make this any less meaningful. Marijuana being illegal has no benefit to society.



I'm just completely baffled why a gay guy is trying to advocate restricting a right lol. Mind is blown. That's so contradictory here in the States.
Posted 11/9/12

stoneroth wrote:

This argument is about the right to exercise free will


How about my right to punch you in the face?
10028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/12
You should have the right to exercise free will, it doesn't mean there aren't consequences to actions though.

I don't really see how potentially harming oneself and inflicting violence on another are even closely related in terms of law etc.
Posted 11/9/12
I feel the urge to show my superiority in the animal kingdom. You advanced tribe of monkeys.
31027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/12

PumeHana92 wrote:


bingo666 wrote:


PumeHana92 wrote:
Cannabis DOES slow your reacion time as well as lower men's testosterone levels, lowers sperm count, and gives you cancer.



Got a link to studies?

Specifically one that refutes this:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/037687169190068A


http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51663



Slow reaction time and decrease free testosterone levels yes, but the evidence provided in that link for contribution to cancer is beyond weak. The study cited is 23 years old and the more current researcher even says that there is no hard evidence, more studies need to be conducted, and the impact is there, but it's not a big deal.
31027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/12

GayAsianBoy wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

Do you have any idea of how easy it is for kids to get a hold of drugs today now that it's still illegal?
All you have to do is know some shady people, or know someone who knows some shady people, and you've practicly got an open doorway to all the drugs you want, as long as you have the cash.
Drug-dealer don't care how old you are. If you have money, you're a customer. Simple as that.

Kids will always find ways to get their hands on drugs, regardless of wheather it's illegal or not.


Yes I do. Do you know how many of those kids are unsuccessful later in life because of dysfunctional cognitive abilities and/or addiction? And constantly has to check into rehab... go on welfare programs?

Why would you want to legalise it and increase the number of kids going to rehab?


So if someone wants an escape it would be better for them to drink, snort coke, or shoot heroin or meth than smoke marijuana, is that your point?
3199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/9/12
I dont really care, If you're dumb enough to spend your money in this, good job champion
Posted 11/9/12 , edited 11/9/12

swordsman28 wrote:

I dont really care, If you're dumb enough to spend your money in this, good job champion :P


What's your problem with someone else's way of life? I spent my life savings supporting Osama. I stole grandma's secret stash, and even neighbour's candy. Worth it.
3199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/9/12

underlock wrote:


swordsman28 wrote:

I dont really care, If you're dumb enough to spend your money in this, good job champion :P


What's your problem with someone else's way of life? I spent my life savings supporting Osama. I stole grandma's secret stash, and even neighbour's candy. Worth it.


I dont care of other people life xD
Posted 11/9/12

swordsman28 wrote:

I dont care of other people life xD


I don't care what you say. But I reply anyway.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.