• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Anime with worst names that were started or were in production after 2007
9261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/10/12

magicuser360 wrote:


jtjumper wrote:

What do you think are the anime with worst names that started or were in production after 2007?
(note: this doesn't mean the anime is bad, just the name!)
My choices:
Btoom!
Bleach
Daa! Daa! Daaa!

What are your choices?


Daa Daa Daa ran from 2000 - 2002 dude.

Oops. that's embarassing. I'll edit that out.

35172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku (Bodacious Space Pirates). Terrible name, terrible anime
68327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
Level-E and UN-GO are bad names. The don't make sense in relation to their shows.
16227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 11/10/12

jtjumper wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:

History`s strongest disciple kenichi


Honesty, that title's only problem is that it's a lie. The girl disciple/ love interest was way stronger than kenichi.


Thats also true, but i still dont like such long titles on anime. Maybe if they had made it "The disciple Kenichi" or something like that.
9261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/10/12

Kikusui10 wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:

History`s strongest disciple kenichi


Honesty, that title's only problem is that it's a lie. The girl disciple/ love interest was way stronger than kenichi.


Thats also true, but i still dont like such long titles on anime. Maybe if they had made it "The disciple Kenichi" or something like that.


It would sound a lot better.
947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
My Little Monster (CR's translation of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) - It sounds like a name for a guy's d***
9261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/10/12

mistress_kisara wrote:

My Little Monster (CR's translation of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) - It sounds like a name for a guy's d***


Or it could be the the evil version of my little pony! It sound's like a kid's show!
57815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 11/10/12

Earthbound12 wrote:

Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku (Bodacious Space Pirates). Terrible name, terrible anime



The Japanese title is good. The English title not so much, but given that Moretsu is a word that does not translate that well into English, I can understand. (CR even had a contest to see who could come up with a better English title) It would have been best to stick with the Japanese title.

Also, Moretsu was an awesome anime!

I'll add suffixes that don't make sense to the list. Example A-Channel +smile.
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / the capital of ca...
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
35172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/12

-Chris311- wrote:


Earthbound12 wrote:

Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku (Bodacious Space Pirates). Terrible name, terrible anime



The Japanese title is good. The English title not so much, but given that Moretsu is a word that does not translate that well into English, I can understand. (CR even had a contest to see who could come up with a better English title) It would have been best to stick with the Japanese title.

Also, Moretsu was an awesome anime!

I'll add suffixes that don't make sense to the list. Example A-Channel +smile.


I remember that contest! I personally liked the name "Yuri Pirates".
9261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/10/12 , edited 11/10/12


Going crazy with the smilies or, horror of horrors, is that an actual anime's name?
33594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Jackson, MS
Online
Posted 11/10/12
K. Why make a title with just a letter?
9261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/11/12

EJHicks wrote:

K. Why make a title with just a letter?


If they added special in front of it, they could have had a cereal tie-in!
Posted 11/11/12
So, I Can't Play H?
Sailor Candy Moderator
169301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
Spring forum cleaning! Since it's a new month I'm closing all the old threads in room for the new ones. We close old threads from 6 months past with no activity. Please recreate if you wish to do so!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.