First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - End of an Era!
22146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Wandering around...
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
I really hope it turns out good this time around. It was so disappointed when I played it the first time, but the changes they made are looking good.

I played Final Fantasy 11 for quite a bit, so if they took what made that great, and improved it in this game, I think it would turn out awesome.

Here's to hoping that it's fun!
10824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/6/13 , edited 3/25/13
It doesn't look like the full game will be launched until march or later.
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 1/7/13
My good buddy got registered for the PS3 beta phase. They actually honored his coupon from his FF XIII purchase and gave him priority. This of course does not guarantee his entrance but it was cool that SE did what they said they would.

As of now my old guildies are mumbling about get a small, more social styled guild back together and with the PS3 joining in my wife and closest friend would be playing as well. This is NOT recruitment. I'm just wondering who might be interested.
10824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/8/13 , edited 3/25/13
Members who have legacy apparently don't have to apply, I'm thankful for that.
Dav631 
18018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Miami, FL
Offline
Posted 1/13/13
Pretty excited for A Realm Reborn. After playing FFXI for a few years, this one is looking pretty good!
10824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 1/21/13
Hoping SE makes some new dungeons as challenging as Cutters Cry



48371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 1/21/13
I've still been waiting for the ps3 release mainly because I don't want to have to upgrade my computer lmao
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 1/22/13

malicust wrote:

I've still been waiting for the ps3 release mainly because I don't want to have to upgrade my computer lmao


So three years ago myself and half my guild spent hundreds to upgrade our rigs so we could play. Now the game looks better and is less demanding on specifications. (Insert Rage here) Plus it's coming out on a console!!!!! DAMN YOU SQUARE-ENIX!!!!!!

But I will be playing. lol
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Hong Kong/ Shangh...
Offline
Posted 1/22/13
If it's a hella lot more user-friendly and understandable I'm in. I got the PC version and got so confused, being a goldsmith, I couldn't kil anything.
48371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 1/22/13

diodrin wrote:


malicust wrote:

I've still been waiting for the ps3 release mainly because I don't want to have to upgrade my computer lmao


So three years ago myself and half my guild spent hundreds to upgrade our rigs so we could play. Now the game looks better and is less demanding on specifications. (Insert Rage here) Plus it's coming out on a console!!!!! DAMN YOU SQUARE-ENIX!!!!!!

But I will be playing. lol


Yeah that's the biggest reason I didn't want to play on the PC when it first came out. Plus id rather just play on my large tv as opposed to this monitor. But they announced the console release a long time ago anyways which is why I decided id rather wait. I didn't actually think the wait would have been this long haha
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 1/23/13

malicust wrote:


diodrin wrote:


malicust wrote:

I've still been waiting for the ps3 release mainly because I don't want to have to upgrade my computer lmao


So three years ago myself and half my guild spent hundreds to upgrade our rigs so we could play. Now the game looks better and is less demanding on specifications. (Insert Rage here) Plus it's coming out on a console!!!!! DAMN YOU SQUARE-ENIX!!!!!!

But I will be playing. lol


Yeah that's the biggest reason I didn't want to play on the PC when it first came out. Plus id rather just play on my large tv as opposed to this monitor. But they announced the console release a long time ago anyways which is why I decided id rather wait. I didn't actually think the wait would have been this long haha


When I told my beast friend that 2.0 was coming out, and that things were looking good for the PS3 release, he got real serious, looked me in the eye and said " Dude if you're toying with my emotions I'll choke you to death."

He was going to play on the PS3 at the original launch...but they kept pushing it back, and dodging questions about the PS3 release. So he's a bit sensitive on the subject. Because I got to play and he did not. (insert maniacal laughter in friends face here)
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 1/23/13

Nefunrest wrote:

If it's a hella lot more user-friendly and understandable I'm in. I got the PC version and got so confused, being a goldsmith, I couldn't kil anything.


And as a goldsmith you still won't be able to kill things in 2.0. The job/class system will be very close to what it was. But it's easy to adapt to. You're weapon determines your job/class, so carry some knuckles or an axe with you and switch up when you want to kill things. They should have the Macro system working as well so armor set equip should be much smoother than switching gear one piece at a time. That way you be out in the field fishing, or mining, and instead of going back to your Mog house and maybe having to load your mule for gear, you'll just hit your Macro switching gear and job/class and start killing.

But at the end of Alpha 2.0's job/class system was pretty much unchanged, just refined and streamlined a bit more. So the gather and crafting classes won't be melee. But hey there are plenty of classes to play as melee. At the end of the original version the new development team had been working for over 2 years after the initial fallout. And they had done a lot of good work. 2.0 looks so much better at ALPHA...so I'm really hopeful.
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Hong Kong/ Shangh...
Offline
Posted 1/23/13

diodrin wrote:


Nefunrest wrote:

If it's a hella lot more user-friendly and understandable I'm in. I got the PC version and got so confused, being a goldsmith, I couldn't kil anything.


And as a goldsmith you still won't be able to kill things in 2.0. The job/class system will be very close to what it was. But it's easy to adapt to. You're weapon determines your job/class, so carry some knuckles or an axe with you and switch up when you want to kill things. They should have the Macro system working as well so armor set equip should be much smoother than switching gear one piece at a time. That way you be out in the field fishing, or mining, and instead of going back to your Mog house and maybe having to load your mule for gear, you'll just hit your Macro switching gear and job/class and start killing.

But at the end of Alpha 2.0's job/class system was pretty much unchanged, just refined and streamlined a bit more. So the gather and crafting classes won't be melee. But hey there are plenty of classes to play as melee. At the end of the original version the new development team had been working for over 2 years after the initial fallout. And they had done a lot of good work. 2.0 looks so much better at ALPHA...so I'm really hopeful.



So you can switch jobs on the fly? That would make a hella lot more sense. I played only like 30 minutes, and I did was throw rocks for such a long time. Is it still subscription based?
66549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/23/13

Nefunrest wrote:


diodrin wrote:


Nefunrest wrote:

If it's a hella lot more user-friendly and understandable I'm in. I got the PC version and got so confused, being a goldsmith, I couldn't kil anything.


And as a goldsmith you still won't be able to kill things in 2.0. The job/class system will be very close to what it was. But it's easy to adapt to. You're weapon determines your job/class, so carry some knuckles or an axe with you and switch up when you want to kill things. They should have the Macro system working as well so armor set equip should be much smoother than switching gear one piece at a time. That way you be out in the field fishing, or mining, and instead of going back to your Mog house and maybe having to load your mule for gear, you'll just hit your Macro switching gear and job/class and start killing.

But at the end of Alpha 2.0's job/class system was pretty much unchanged, just refined and streamlined a bit more. So the gather and crafting classes won't be melee. But hey there are plenty of classes to play as melee. At the end of the original version the new development team had been working for over 2 years after the initial fallout. And they had done a lot of good work. 2.0 looks so much better at ALPHA...so I'm really hopeful.



So you can switch jobs on the fly? That would make a hella lot more sense. I played only like 30 minutes, and I did was throw rocks for such a long time. Is it still subscription based?


You can level all jobs they ever come out with on 1 character. That's what I liked about FFXI, no need to redo quests and story lines just to get a new job levelled. They also made it so you can use certain abilities from one job/class on another job/class. I can't wait for this, already excited for the beta in Feb.
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Hong Kong/ Shangh...
Offline
Posted 1/23/13
You sir are going to have to guide me through this game. Please.

SEE YOU IN FEBRUARY INGAME!

XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.