First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
People who cannot use correct grammar.
Posted 11/12/12
quality thread shitting
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Online
Posted 11/12/12 , edited 11/12/12

blackguitar wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


hyperkinesis wrote:

Yes. It irks me that a few of my friends can't tell the difference between your and you're. It's really not that hard. Even if it makes myself look bad, I have to correct them sometimes.


The worst for me are the ones who cannot comprehend that 'Four', 'fore', and 'For' are different words and none of them are spelled with a number. or the ones who can't be bothered to use the two extra keystrokes needed to properly spell words like 'You' and 'Are'

I usually stop reading right then. If you can't be arsed to actually try to write so people can understand you. I feel no obligation to try and understand.



you're'r jsut makng stuf up


And you apparently are here just because "U liek teh Sexxor"

To quote the protagonist of 'Hot Fuzz' " Jog On!"


14810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 11/12/12

blackguitar wrote:

hey i hav an idear, let'ss al speek americun acksented americun


lol Americun~ your post just so silly
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ♬アメリカ//東京
Offline
Posted 11/12/12
Doesn't bother me :3
Even if I don't understand, I just ask for a rephrasing. (^_^)
Can't expect everyone to have perfect English especially when they weren't born in America.
If you think about it, you'd have bad grammar in their native language as well.
23979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Oslo
Offline
Posted 11/12/12
I don't really care, it just bugs me when my English is better than most Americans who've lived here all their life (I'm Norwegian and moved here during middle school and I couldn't write any English or really pronounce a lot of things. Yay for funny accents.)

Or at least have the decency to check on your wording when you write something down. I mean c'mon, the search bar is right there! Just check to see if your wording is correct, and if not, learn from it!
Posted 11/12/12

Dropplet wrote:

Does anyone else hate when people cannot use correct grammar? I mean, if you can't do basic English grammar; that really bugs me. I know everyone makes mistakes but do you care about grammar?






EDIT: I felt like my original post was too mean so I changed it a bit.
EDIT: If this is already a forum then sorry but I couldn't find it.


too late to edit now, you're gonna get banned for sure
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 11/12/12

karmacide wrote:


Dropplet wrote:

Does anyone else hate when people cannot use correct grammar? I mean, if you can't do basic English grammar; that really bugs me. I know everyone makes mistakes but do you care about grammar?






EDIT: I felt like my original post was too mean so I changed it a bit.
EDIT: If this is already a forum then sorry but I couldn't find it.


too late to edit now, you're gonna get banned for sure


For what?
Posted 11/12/12

Dropplet wrote:


karmacide wrote:


Dropplet wrote:

Does anyone else hate when people cannot use correct grammar? I mean, if you can't do basic English grammar; that really bugs me. I know everyone makes mistakes but do you care about grammar?






EDIT: I felt like my original post was too mean so I changed it a bit.
EDIT: If this is already a forum then sorry but I couldn't find it.


too late to edit now, you're gonna get banned for sure


For what?


bad grammar
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 11/12/12

karmacide wrote:


Dropplet wrote:


karmacide wrote:


Dropplet wrote:

Does anyone else hate when people cannot use correct grammar? I mean, if you can't do basic English grammar; that really bugs me. I know everyone makes mistakes but do you care about grammar?
.



EDIT: I felt like my original post was too mean so I changed it a bit.
EDIT: If this is already a forum then sorry but I couldn't find it.


too late to edit now, you're gonna get banned for sure


For what?


bad grammar


How? Sorry that I make typing mistakes, I'm only human.
Posted 11/12/12
dumb biiiiiitch
Posted 11/12/12
Whats this about graham crackers?
39565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Northern California
Online
Posted 11/12/12
I had some training in Standard American English during my years as a stage actor. I might not always write at the level of which I'm capable, but it's generally coherent. I don't really expect people to use perfect grammar; I just want to be sure I comprehend their intent. I also find I'm much more tolerant of the situation when the person has English as a secondary (or tertiary) language, and is still doing their best to communicate.

On the topic of oddities in sentences, commas are important, too. They make all the difference between these two sentences:

"It's time to eat, Grandma!" and... "It's time to eat Grandma!"
Posted 11/12/12
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.