why should people pay when you remove stuff
14275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / London
Offline
Posted 11/13/12
why should people pay crunchyroll when you always remove stuff we enjoy. like long avi's why let people do it at first then suddenly remove, you may reply which ever trying to back up as always, but know this i shall never pay this website anymore thats up to me
1mirg 
57076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 11/13/12

Dragon-Punch wrote:

why should people pay crunchyroll when you always remove stuff we enjoy. like long avi's why let people do it at first then suddenly remove, you may reply which ever trying to back up as always, but know this i shall never pay this website anymore thats up to me


I agree, and disagree with this. I agree with the long avi part, but I disagree with the always remove part. I notice some stuff being removed from time to time/ But, not 'everything' is removed, only bits and peices every now and again. But, either or...Yeah
61822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Hell Paso
Offline
Posted 11/13/12
no one is forcing you or anyone to stay and pay. you know where the door is don't let it hit you in the ass when you leave.
20657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 11/13/12
Most things can't particularly be helped by the staff, namely the anime series' I assume you're mostly referring to. If an anime is removed it is likely due to a licensing issue that isn't worth the money to relicense. Don't forget Crunchyroll is still a business, if an anime isn't popular enough to continue gaining them subscriptions it's not in their interest to pay to keep it on the site.

On the other hand yes avatars are something they can help. I'm personally not a fan of the long flag banner style avatars, but to each their own. I imagine their reason for removing them being that it increases the size of a post box creating large bouts of empty space within topics. Of course again this goes back to what their paying customers want, if it doesn't bother them and in fact is what they want then it would probably be in Crunchyroll's best interest to return them.
23819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / NY
Online
Posted 11/13/12 , edited 11/13/12

Dragon-Punch wrote:

why should people pay crunchyroll when you always remove stuff we enjoy. like long avi's why let people do it at first then suddenly remove, you may reply which ever trying to back up as always, but know this i shall never pay this website anymore thats up to me


Your avi seems long enough. whats the problem? Longer and bigger avatars create and take up more space. Data storage and bandwidth are not infinite or free. It could also inhibit the functionality of the forum board itself, givin how big these forums are (no# of posts, topics, forums, subforums etc) As Crunchyroll grows, some things are going to have to be sacrificed if they want to keep things running smoothly. If you dont want to support Crunchyroll, and by default the anime your here watching, then like you said, thats up to you. But to do so because you cant have a bigger avatar, and have the need to announce it, is just childish.


Edit: Also, the staff needs to take into account people who may browse these forums via their cellphones. Everyone has a smartphone nowadays, and its likely many people here at some point in time check the forums on their phones, like I do. Storage and bandwidth are not necessarily reasons, or excuses, but they are definately something system admins take into account when they do things like restricting avatar sizes. I was an admin on 2 gaming websites, and even though they werent nearly as large as CR, browsing through the maintenance tools for BB code and tinyportal forums sheds light on how important these things can sometimes be.
Posted 11/13/12
agreed, waste of money.
50203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 11/13/12

Kageru77 wrote:


Dragon-Punch wrote:

why should people pay crunchyroll when you always remove stuff we enjoy. like long avi's why let people do it at first then suddenly remove, you may reply which ever trying to back up as always, but know this i shall never pay this website anymore thats up to me


Your avi seems long enough. whats the problem? Longer and bigger avatars create and take up more space. Data storage and bandwidth are not infinite or free. It could also inhibit the functionality of the forum board itself, givin how big these forums are (no# of posts, topics, forums, subforums etc) As Crunchyroll grows, some things are going to have to be sacrificed if they want to keep things running smoothly. If you dont want to support Crunchyroll, and by default the anime your here watching, then like you said, thats up to you. But to do so because you cant have a bigger avatar, and have the need to announce it, is just childish.



This.
14275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / London
Offline
Posted 11/13/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Kageru77 wrote:


Dragon-Punch wrote:

why should people pay crunchyroll when you always remove stuff we enjoy. like long avi's why let people do it at first then suddenly remove, you may reply which ever trying to back up as always, but know this i shall never pay this website anymore thats up to me


Your avi seems long enough. whats the problem? Longer and bigger avatars create and take up more space. Data storage and bandwidth are not infinite or free. It could also inhibit the functionality of the forum board itself, givin how big these forums are (no# of posts, topics, forums, subforums etc) As Crunchyroll grows, some things are going to have to be sacrificed if they want to keep things running smoothly. If you dont want to support Crunchyroll, and by default the anime your here watching, then like you said, thats up to you. But to do so because you cant have a bigger avatar, and have the need to announce it, is just childish.



This.


Its because alot of my friends upset they can no longer use long avi's and limited to short, yes mine is long but can no longer change it if i do it will no longer be that long, kinda unfair for alot people not just me saying it, so spoke for them to should of been warning that they are removing something to prem members at least to be honest
14275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / London
Offline
Posted 11/13/12

1mirg wrote:


Dragon-Punch wrote:

why should people pay crunchyroll when you always remove stuff we enjoy. like long avi's why let people do it at first then suddenly remove, you may reply which ever trying to back up as always, but know this i shall never pay this website anymore thats up to me


I agree, and disagree with this. I agree with the long avi part, but I disagree with the always remove part. I notice some stuff being removed from time to time/ But, not 'everything' is removed, only bits and peices every now and again. But, either or...Yeah


kinda miss the "users" on top left before where you could easily find new friends, and other stuff kinda forgot buy yh kinda sad though stuff get removed without warning :\
14275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / London
Offline
Posted 11/13/12

jer5500 wrote:

no one is forcing you or anyone to stay and pay. you know where the door is don't let it hit you in the ass when you leave.


great, helps, prob need pet on the back for typing proud this way adding doors, just my opinion and many others did not like long avi removed, like i said i wont pay up 2 me, if i do i do, no one said about leaving doors.. :\
CR Community Manager
Bjaker 
37549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 11/13/12


We are an Anime Streaming site first.
I really do apologize that the change to format in the forums has offended you.
The 200 x 200 limitation is set. It will not be changed back.
14275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / London
Offline
Posted 11/13/12

taichi556 wrote:

Most things can't particularly be helped by the staff, namely the anime series' I assume you're mostly referring to. If an anime is removed it is likely due to a licensing issue that isn't worth the money to relicense. Don't forget Crunchyroll is still a business, if an anime isn't popular enough to continue gaining them subscriptions it's not in their interest to pay to keep it on the site.

On the other hand yes avatars are something they can help. I'm personally not a fan of the long flag banner style avatars, but to each their own. I imagine their reason for removing them being that it increases the size of a post box creating large bouts of empty space within topics. Of course again this goes back to what their paying customers want, if it doesn't bother them and in fact is what they want then it would probably be in Crunchyroll's best interest to return them.


glad you understood and did not reply negative way, saw many of my cr buddies upset that they can no longer use long avi's so spoke for them too, well yh guess there must be reason for them to remove, thanks for giving a reasonable answer like i was looking for :)
14275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / London
Offline
Posted 11/13/12

Bjaker wrote:



We are an Anime Streaming site first.
I really do apologize that the change to format in the forums has offended you.
The 200 x 200 limitation is set. It will not be changed back.


well i guess i kinda got too emotional while alot my cr buddies were complaining about no more long avi's so thought would see why by asking here, but do love the anime. And thanks for ur answer no need to apologise and did not really offend me do appologsie my self got bit too angry at first when saw the "naughty" part lol and said will force to gravatar if u keep doing..
28316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/13/12

Dragon-Punch wrote:

why should people pay crunchyroll when you always remove stuff we enjoy. like long avi's why let people do it at first then suddenly remove, you may reply which ever trying to back up as always, but know this i shall never pay this website anymore thats up to me


You're complaining.. About a website that specialises in anime/drama streaming.. About the size of an avatar? Bloody hell the mindless droves.. Go use facetube or what not if you wish for avatars.. This is a streaming website I'm 110% happy with the service I pay for.. I'm glad the avatars got shrunk people were abusing a benefit that the people of CR provided. Also, your not paying for long avatars your paying for the rights to watch anime online. Grow up.
You must be logged in to post.