Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Is Oreimo a harem?
59875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ATX
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
i am wondering about this because kirino, ayase, manami, kuroneko etc... likes kyousuke which by standards its a harem right?
Posted 11/16/12
i don't think of it as one because none of the girls are openly attracted to him and when ever he is hanging out with any them it's always in separate group(s). and it's not like all the girls are around him vying for his attention (i.e.rosario+vampire)
59875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ATX
Offline
Posted 11/16/12

BlazeDatpiff420 wrote:

i don't think of it as one because none of the girls are openly attracted to him and when ever he is hanging out with any them it's always in separate group(s). and it's not like all the girls are around him vying for his attention (i.e.rosario+vampire)


i always thought harem means a group of girls likes a guy.
64451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
^^ that's because IT IS a group of girls liking that ONE guy...
59875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ATX
Offline
Posted 11/16/12

AnimeKami wrote:

^^ that's because IT IS a group of girls liking that ONE guy...


so it is a harem?
38584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
It's a harem, my status tells me so

No seriously, definition of a harem, multiple girls (more than 2) liking one guy
Oreimo is a harem
64451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 11/16/12 , edited 11/16/12

latinaloverTX wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

^^ that's because IT IS a group of girls liking that ONE guy...


so it is a harem?


I wouldn't say it is a harem... I would say the protagonist is surrounded by girls that find his company... pleasant.

let me break it down for you:

he has a little sister, the sis con, bro con theme

he has a childhood friend, the childhood friend theme in which both families already agreed that they are going to marry

then there is the icy-cold girl, kuroneko that is also a theme

now you have the yandere friend of the little sister, we all know if and when it happens the protagonist can always go her route

the chick with glasses who is apparently breath-taking without glasses (also rich?) might be a potential route

also forgot to mention that other friend of the little sister...

So, with this line up of girls, you can argue it is a harem; however I argue it is a potential harem depending on what the producer/director does.

Then again I haven't read the novels and I quote myself I don't know jack about what is passed since the anime, that the ending is already done and it isn't a harem. Given the information from the anime it is leading to a harem-esk anime for the second season.

my 2 cents which no one gives a shit (amIright? lol)

____________


Rito2Ru wrote:

It's a harem, my status tells me so

No seriously, definition of a harem, multiple girls (more than 2) liking one guy
Oreimo is a harem


what is your status?

Harem King, is what I saw...
114094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 11/16/12 , edited 11/16/12
redacted
64451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
^^ never been an enabler in his life
59875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ATX
Offline
Posted 11/16/12

AnimeKami wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

^^ that's because IT IS a group of girls liking that ONE guy...


so it is a harem?


I wouldn't say it is a harem... I would say the protagonist is surrounded by girls that find his company... pleasant.

let me break it down for you:

he has a little sister, the sis con, bro con theme

he has a childhood friend, the childhood friend theme in which both families already agreed that they are going to marry

then there is the icy-cold girl, kuroneko that is also a theme

now you have the yandere friend of the little sister, we all know if and when it happens the protagonist can always go her route

the chick with glasses who is apparently breath-taking without glasses (also rich?) might be a potential route

also forgot to mention that other friend of the little sister...

So, with this line up of girls, you can argue it is a harem; however I argue it is a potential harem depending on what the producer/director does.

Then again I haven't read the novels and I quote myself I don't know jack about what is passed since the anime, that the ending is already done and it isn't a harem. Given the information from the anime it is leading to a harem-esk anime for the second season.

my 2 cents which no one gives a shit (amIright? lol)

____________


Rito2Ru wrote:

It's a harem, my status tells me so

No seriously, definition of a harem, multiple girls (more than 2) liking one guy
Oreimo is a harem


what is your status?

Harem King, is what I saw...


all of this is confusing me.
64451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 11/16/12

latinaloverTX wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

^^ that's because IT IS a group of girls liking that ONE guy...


so it is a harem?


I wouldn't say it is a harem... I would say the protagonist is surrounded by girls that find his company... pleasant.

let me break it down for you:

he has a little sister, the sis con, bro con theme

he has a childhood friend, the childhood friend theme in which both families already agreed that they are going to marry

then there is the icy-cold girl, kuroneko that is also a theme

now you have the yandere friend of the little sister, we all know if and when it happens the protagonist can always go her route

the chick with glasses who is apparently breath-taking without glasses (also rich?) might be a potential route

also forgot to mention that other friend of the little sister...

So, with this line up of girls, you can argue it is a harem; however I argue it is a potential harem depending on what the producer/director does.

Then again I haven't read the novels and I quote myself I don't know jack about what is passed since the anime, that the ending is already done and it isn't a harem. Given the information from the anime it is leading to a harem-esk anime for the second season.

my 2 cents which no one gives a shit (amIright? lol)

____________


Rito2Ru wrote:

It's a harem, my status tells me so

No seriously, definition of a harem, multiple girls (more than 2) liking one guy
Oreimo is a harem


what is your status?

Harem King, is what I saw...


all of this is confusing me.


tl;dr

The guy has a bunch of girls he could pick as a potential candidate to go out with; however, there hasn't been any harem like events that has happened. Only the fact he is surrounded by a bunch of women.

so i argue it isn't a harem yet...
38584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 11/16/12 , edited 11/16/12


Ayase, Kuroneko, and Manami
3 girls who like Kyousuke
Harem

It would've only been a love triangle if it were two girls but its three

Harem King yes lol


59875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ATX
Offline
Posted 11/16/12

Rito2Ru wrote:



Ayase, Kuroneko, and Manami
3 girls who like Kyousuke
Harem

It would've only been a love triangle if it were two girls but its three

Harem King yes lol



well 4. including kirino
12375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
It could be classified as a harem anime but it's not the same as rosario + Vampire or Shuffle where the focus of the show is the group of girls trying to get the guy; it's more like a common high school story that has events where the protagonist does something that the girls find attractive. Though the girls will never drape themselves over the guy.
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
I guess by definition it can technically called a harem. It doesn't play out like one though, such as rosario or campione. Sure each of the girl characters can find something sweet that they like about him, but they're never competing for his attention. It doesn't feel like a harem show, so I wouldn't call it one. Harems usually have some level of fanservice in them too. I don't remember seeing much if any in Oreimo
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.