First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Is Oreimo a harem?
63083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ATX
Offline
Posted 11/18/12

meygaera wrote:

Technically speaking, yes it is. But it doesn't go about it in your typical harem fashion like Love Hina, Clannad, etc.


maybe it is a new kind of harem that we haven't see before
3986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / In Alois Trancy's...
Offline
Posted 11/18/12
Well, it IS a visual novel where you can "get" most of the girls from the anime so it's sort of harem but I'd say since all of them aren't exactly prying for his attention or love it's not?
66790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 11/26/12 , edited 11/26/12
I would answer no to the harem thing. Kyosuke is just a guy with many female friends.

In the anime, love interests are never really discussed and even in the manga you rarely see that type of interaction. There is a date/going-out in Volume 7 but that dies by Volume 8. Yes, that quickly (sadly).
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
the manga seems to have alot more awkward scenes between kyousuke and Kirino. And at the end of the manga there's a editorial about which character do you think is the most attractive. Kind of perverted seeing as they are all around 15
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
But I still love it and can't wait for the second season
88312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
No.
24181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 11/29/12

Sky_Renzokuken wrote:

But I still love it and can't wait for the second season


I agree bring on Season 2.Unless you lived in Japan there was 4 more episodes.A different episode 12 and 3 others where Kirino did go to the US for track.Remember not only smart ,works but a good track star.Just saying be prepared to fill in the gaps.
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/29/12

FLjerry2011 wrote:


Sky_Renzokuken wrote:

But I still love it and can't wait for the second season


I agree bring on Season 2.Unless you lived in Japan there was 4 more episodes.A different episode 12 and 3 others where Kirino did go to the US for track.Remember not only smart ,works but a good track star.Just saying be prepared to fill in the gaps.


Aniplex released those OVAs with the box set. And yeah I liked the end where she goes to US track and Kyousuke goes there to save her OMG! SOOOOO Adorable

15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Lilburn, Georgia
Offline
Posted 12/16/12 , edited 12/16/12
Funny thing, when watching all episodes ( including 13-15) there is more brother and sister akward romance going on. Harem is when 3+ girls are ATTRACTED by a guy. I think Oreimo season 1 is not a harem. BUT ! SPOILERS ! Season 2 might be the grand final ;33 <--- obviously that is a harem
74341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/16/12
I view it as the documentation of the life of a saint.


cause you have to be a saint to live with MegaTsun and not smack her
15073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Lake Elsinore, CA
Offline
Posted 12/16/12
Not sure if its a harem or not,
But it was a funny show, I think everyone should give it a chance if they haven't seen it yet!

7066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / South Boston, Vir...
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
I almost hate to say it since I liked the show but yes I think even discarding the definition it is shaping into a harem. Last couple of eps show Kuroneko referring to Kyosuke as nii-chan plus the implied wincest with Kirino and the few scenes where interest from Manami becomes extremely obvious (not that it wasnt before.) So yes I would have to say in all honesty that Oreimou IS a full fledged harem or it will be before too long.
The Wise Wizard
73198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 12/17/12

Ruka294 wrote:

I almost hate to say it since I liked the show but yes I think even discarding the definition it is shaping into a harem. Last couple of eps show Kuroneko referring to Kyosuke as nii-chan plus the implied wincest with Kirino and the few scenes where interest from Manami becomes extremely obvious (not that it wasnt before.) So yes I would have to say in all honesty that Oreimou IS a full fledged harem or it will be before too long.

If interest from 3 or more members of the opposite sex was all it took to make a harem, a number of guys in real life would qualify.

If harem were a beer, Oreimo would be the watered down near-beer version.

7066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / South Boston, Vir...
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


Ruka294 wrote:

I almost hate to say it since I liked the show but yes I think even discarding the definition it is shaping into a harem. Last couple of eps show Kuroneko referring to Kyosuke as nii-chan plus the implied wincest with Kirino and the few scenes where interest from Manami becomes extremely obvious (not that it wasnt before.) So yes I would have to say in all honesty that Oreimou IS a full fledged harem or it will be before too long.

If interest from 3 or more members of the opposite sex was all it took to make a harem, a number of guys in real life would qualify.

If harem were a beer, Oreimo would be the watered down near-beer version.



I can see your point. Though what led me to think this way was just how they showed the aforementioned characters expressing said interest. I mean that's exactly what the harem genre IS: members of the opposite sex showing/expressing feelings of love/lust towards a single man/woman. Right? A bit off topic: whoever said real life can't be compared to anime? ehehe
7066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / South Boston, Vir...
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

Ruka294 wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


Ruka294 wrote:

I almost hate to say it since I liked the show but yes I think even discarding the definition it is shaping into a harem. Last couple of eps show Kuroneko referring to Kyosuke as nii-chan plus the implied wincest with Kirino and the few scenes where interest from Manami becomes extremely obvious (not that it wasnt before.) So yes I would have to say in all honesty that Oreimou IS a full fledged harem or it will be before too long.

If interest from 3 or more members of the opposite sex was all it took to make a harem, a number of guys in real life would qualify.

If harem were a beer, Oreimo would be the watered down near-beer version.



I can see your point. Though what led me to think this way was just how they showed the aforementioned characters expressing said interest. I mean that's exactly what the harem genre IS: members of the opposite sex showing/expressing feelings of love/lust towards a single man/woman. Right? A bit off topic: whoever said real life can't be compared to anime? ehehe


Oh and to explain a bit about what I meant when Kuroneko was referring to Kyosuke as Nii-chan I meant to also say that she did so because HE seemed to like it and not say just to tease him. (Sorry for double posting)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.