First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Social grace
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/17/12
I'm think I'm mostly rid of my social anxiety disorder.
413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/17/12
people talk about petty things though. sometimes it takes more grace and restraint to stay out of conversations in my opinion.
43340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 11/17/12
I think if you exude a genuineness about yourself, people can feel that, and will enjoy being around you, and of course, if you make them laugh, they will gravitate towards you.
Also social grace involves being a good listener..if you are faking that, its noticeable.
Charm then by showing interest, but don't fake it if you aren't. : )
4427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/12
It's the way you carry yourself that can attract people.
Posted 11/24/12
I have no idea.
Posted 11/24/12
Far from me to judge it, attention whoring.

Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/24/12
I don't really know. People just like me for some reason. I'm mainly quiet and stand there like a statue, until a person interacts with me.
24405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Online
Posted 11/24/12
Well I'm a shy guy that doesn't that many friends, but those I have are either of my school buddies that I met a long time ago in elementary school, because back then I wasn't shy and had ADD. And I got one friend, which was/is my best friends still, he isn't that shy of a person, but somehow we resemble each other in a way, but he was easier at making friends than me, then I just got some friends because of him, he got some people into our little group, and that's how I made friends, if it hadn't been for him, I would probably be one of those loners in a corner still today, I am like that in a way, but I do change when I get to know people..
Its just that when I try to socialize with new people that I don't know, I try to make my first impression as best as I can, and because of that I am somewhat afraid of even going up to the person talking to them. In all reality I cannot make friends without support from someone else, that's just how I am, sure on the internet I have some cyber-buddies But that's because its sorta easier to give out information to a stranger, that doesn't know you and probably will never meet you.

I wish I was a person that had some sort of people magnet attached to him, because then it would be easier for me, because of the whole "I cannot make friends unless they are the ones trying"
29027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / F / Ozone
Offline
Posted 11/24/12

-Vega- wrote:

I don't really know. People just like me for some reason. I'm mainly quiet and stand there like a statue, until a person interacts with me.


It's because you just naturally radiate inner luminosity and it just seeps out your pores, and you are the favorite color of about 25 or 30 pcnt. of the people in the world.

Actually, it seems to just come naturally to some people-but not most.I think you can work on and aquire social grace. I'ts finding that something that isdifferent and can be appealing to others and then cultivating it.The way you smile dress, carry yourself, and the amount of confidence you project.You have to be noticeable.From then on what you say and do determines everything-good manners,interesting conversation,etc.
4522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 11/24/12 , edited 11/24/12
I fade into people lives.
Then I fade out..

I dont try to attract attention, I am a solo-dolo kinda dude. But.. People just keep coming. And I just keep leaving.
12370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/25/12
I used to be in a lot of clubs so we keep in touch even if it's just a hello.

But besides that i'm quiet with nothing to contribute to conversations, yet people still hang around and talk to me.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/25/12
I never seek friends, they just seem to gravitate towards me.
Posted 11/25/12
Nice grammar is a good start, for online socializing.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/25/12

CarboKill wrote:


Custard7A wrote:

Nice grammar is a good start, for online socializing.


Online socialising doesn't mean shit to be honest. It's a good way for socially awkward people to pretend they're talkative.


this is true.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 11/25/12

Jdaimond wrote:


CarboKill wrote:


Custard7A wrote:

Nice grammar is a good start, for online socializing.


Online socialising doesn't mean shit to be honest. It's a good way for socially awkward people to pretend they're talkative.


this is true.


Ha ha ha...
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.