First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply Nerve Gear.. a better gaming experience? and Oculus Rift
27195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 11/18/12

nex564 wrote:


JayVeeDees wrote:

I might be posting this in the wrong section, but what do you all think about the idea of you being transported into a game?

I'd Love ittt!! I want it NAO -.-

Saw this photo on a group on here, but couldn't post anything on there, or get any info on the subject, but here goes:



I know about another that has gotten pretty far towards this kind of tech. Its called the "Oculus Rift" But of course its not near as awesome as the nerve gear is But I guess its a step in the right direction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift
It's actually coming out this January 2013.

Thoughts?


i think i would rather wait for the type kirito's sister has just because i don't want to be stuck in SAO for ten years trying to beat the game.

(i know it only took two years but i think it would take longer for us)


Hehe, that's probably whats different about me and you. I wouldn't mind living in the game lol, a magical place where everything can happen, I'd leave IRL for that anytime.
Fezik 
48238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Chi-town
Offline
Posted 11/18/12 , edited 11/18/12
In a similar thread here I mentioned the Emotiv. That plus something like the Oculus is about how close we can get at the moment. If we could go further though, IE: actual full immersion, I'd be for it as a gamer, though I can see the downside of it from a social/active member of society aspect.

::edit for crappy sleep deprived grammar and to add link.::::

http://emotiv.com/
kennk5 
51743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / Milwaukee, Wiscon...
Offline
Posted 11/18/12
Come on people, so many of you go " I don't want my brain fried" Learn to separate anime from reality.

With the number of GOV watchdog agencies out their to make sure we cant commit harm to anyone.

But don't worry there will always be hackers to help the fools in the world to toigner harm people.

Just for your information a "VR" helmet has been in study inside the F-22 Fighter. This research team has added
at least one game designer.


The next 20 years will be interesting to say the least.
I just hope to live long enuf to try it out, I'm running out of time.
Azver 
27039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/18/12 , edited 11/18/12
Well one way or another, offering us escape from the reality of our politicans and bosses, I'd take the red pill.

Not to sound displeased by state of the world, as it is I work, I go to school, I can't travel to see anything intresting and more or less every day I hear and read about things that screw over me more by bosses, unions or politicans.

A chance to put up that, disconnect my brain from rest of this world for few hours to be in a world where things can change if you want them to just by swinging sword about, oh damn yeah! Consider it a daily holiday if you will.

Ofcourse it'd have to be monitored on some level since there exist people that would easily get lost in that system, and I outright refuse to pay more taxes to increase welfare to extend the helping hand. Then again it could substitute substance abuse so I suppose that could result in transfer from one budget to another.

Maybe Im just over-thinking it. Just gimme the damn helmet and game!
1mirg 
56734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 11/18/12
The nerve gear does in realty (if it is ever a reality) just enhance the users dreams, to the point which the dream becomes a reality. The user is unaware of the fact they are really asleep, which is something that might come in handy. But, either or....The nerve gear is a machine which allows a server to enter into the users mind then allows the server to place the conscious of the user into a world. The nerve gear places the world into the user through a simple 'Oh, instead of dreaming your normal dreams and stuff. You are going to be dreaming of this instead, and you going to have a MUCH more vivid time." Nothing much more to the machine than that, except the tech specs. But, either or....The nerve gear is a better experience than the rift, the rift just allows more for the user to see, the nerve gear has the user's conscious within the game world within itself.
17522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

-Vega- wrote:


Tophatjames wrote:

You want better gaming experience just buy any Razer product!


What the hell is that?



Its the Razer naga molten edition MMO gaming mouse with 17 buttons, very fancy if I do say so myself. Sorry about late reply haven't been on for awhile
19152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
Some friends and I have been talking about the Nerve Gear for a few days now. I'd love something like that. Of course, without the possibility of being stuck in it or dying. Uhhhh, well... I'd probably be okay with being stuck in there with a girl like Asuna. Then it'd be no problem!
148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / caribbean
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
That would be grate. but the lag would be terrible what would happen if you got trapped in call of duty, resident evil or worse a fitness game LOG ME OUT, LOG ME OUT! ! !
148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / caribbean
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
yeah......then when you get to the good stuff the electricity service cuts you and the internet provider does too.
you'll be like then then then and finally when you die. cant wait for that.
we need net gear ! just dont kill me till the "good part" is over
31067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

JayVeeDees wrote:





Thoughts?


31067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

tosismaguill wrote:

Some friends and I have been talking about the Nerve Gear for a few days now. I'd love something like that. Of course, without the possibility of being stuck in it or dying. Uhhhh, well... I'd definately be okay with being stuck in there with a girl like Asuna. Then it'd be no problem!


fixed it for you
19152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

crash1187 wrote:


tosismaguill wrote:

Some friends and I have been talking about the Nerve Gear for a few days now. I'd love something like that. Of course, without the possibility of being stuck in it or dying. Uhhhh, well... I'd definately be okay with being stuck in there with a girl like Asuna. Then it'd be no problem!


fixed it for you


^ This is true!
3328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

JayVeeDees wrote:


nex564 wrote:


JayVeeDees wrote:

I might be posting this in the wrong section, but what do you all think about the idea of you being transported into a game?

I'd Love ittt!! I want it NAO -.-

Saw this photo on a group on here, but couldn't post anything on there, or get any info on the subject, but here goes:



I know about another that has gotten pretty far towards this kind of tech. Its called the "Oculus Rift" But of course its not near as awesome as the nerve gear is But I guess its a step in the right direction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift
It's actually coming out this January 2013.

Thoughts?


i think i would rather wait for the type kirito's sister has just because i don't want to be stuck in SAO for ten years trying to beat the game.

(i know it only took two years but i think it would take longer for us)


Hehe, that's probably whats different about me and you. I wouldn't mind living in the game lol, a magical place where everything can happen, I'd leave IRL for that anytime.


yeah i guess but i don't want to get killed by a slimetrollolololol and it would be nice to go back and forward between worlds
Galiko 
11207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Montréal
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
Scawy.
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Estonia
Offline
Posted 11/21/12
I highly doubt that hackers are involved in that case. Its only possible for probably aliens to control someone but not humans we aren't in this state yet, unless brainwashed which can't be done from distance.

The helmet doesn't control the brain (in *** or .hack).. it intercepts brainwaves from going to your body and instead routes it through the hardware / software.

Also i doubt that its possible that your brain would get fried with such equipment. Such technology should be built in the helmet which of course is checked by professionals.

Anyway hoping such helmet being developed in near future before i reach 30.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.