First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Flaws of Fairy Tail
6024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/21/12
People act like emotion's don't actually change the way someone's motivations, and even strength, can be affected. Even the skinny kid on the street can become a rampaging bull if you attack a loved one. You can find it a hundred times over on things like youtube. Hell, physical physique doesn't even have to be a factor. Someone attacked a man's wife in the middle of the street in NYC, his flip switched and became full of adrenaline and proceeded to pummel the three assailants in an uneven fight. So, yeah, emotion's really do become a factor and could only imagine that logically it would be drastically amplified with magic.


But I agree, character development isn't Natsu's strong side. I do love Happy though, has me in tears at times.
8508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

leokiko123 wrote:

Oh...that One Piece clone?

That light version of One Piece?

...who cares.


have you ever even SEEN fairy tail? that's not true at all.
17058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/21/12
the arcs really aren't that long compared to anime like One Piece and Naruto, as a whole i think that fairy tail makes the characters super strong when less than five minutes before they were on the floor half dead. I felt that this mostly happened in the Oracion seis arc and the Tenrou Island arc
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Oslo, Norway
Offline
Posted 11/21/12
Wake me up when they're done with the damn filler arcs..
28181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / My Throne
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

Magilad wrote:

Yeah, Lisanna was just brought back for shock factor and nothing less it seems.




That Ass.... That's why /o/!
23110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/21/12
Biggest fault? Forced melodrama. I've never been more annoyed by characters constantly bawling before.
5306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 11/21/12 , edited 11/21/12
Fairy Tail definitely has it's flaws. Character development is good for most but I think Natsu was designed to not develop at all emotionally. He just gets stronger/more abilities. It's the Ash Ketchum effect. He doesn't need any more backstory than what was given from the beginning and he still is a really likeable MC. Natsu even resets his skill level.(Remember when the last time he powered up grew dragon wings or scales on his body) I believe that some characters are overly fleshed out like Lucy and Jellal. Too much screentime with flashbacks and too much filler based off them. Lisanna is useless and it doesn't even matter that she's back. The minor guild members aren't seen/fighting enough, "powerlevels" are reasonable but too dynamic: Natsu vs Zancrow,




panzerveps wrote:

Wake me up when they're done with the damn filler arcs..


They've been done for around 3 episodes now. Next episode the official games start.
1027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 11/21/12
Well, they actually havn't really givin out Dragon information untill now with Grandine, So i'm guessing Igneel will be alittle in the back durring the whole time they discover other dragons.

And sure, it feels a bit slow paced with those long Arcs, But when you think about it, they actually coverd a lot of backround story that's important, Lucy, Erza, Exceed, Mavis and other guild related informations. Now it's time for dragons.
39427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

shadorai wrote:

the only flaw i really notice in fairy tail is that the arcs are SO LONG. like the tenroujima arc, that was about 20 episodes. i mean, that's just way too long. but otherwise, i think fairy tail is great.

what flaws do you guys notice about fairy tail?

p.s this is not a forum to put replies like "fairy tail sucks" on.


I don't think that Fairy Tail's arcs are long One Piece and Bleach arcs are longer.

I don't know if this counts as a flaw but the fact that the series revolves so much around Lucy and she owns 10 of the 12 strongest spirits she should be stronger because she never does much.
8508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

dark_ghost wrote:


shadorai wrote:

the only flaw i really notice in fairy tail is that the arcs are SO LONG. like the tenroujima arc, that was about 20 episodes. i mean, that's just way too long. but otherwise, i think fairy tail is great.

what flaws do you guys notice about fairy tail?

p.s this is not a forum to put replies like "fairy tail sucks" on.


I don't think that Fairy Tail's arcs are long One Piece and Bleach arcs are longer.

I don't know if this counts as a flaw but the fact that the series revolves so much around Lucy and she owns 10 of the 12 strongest spirits she should be stronger because she never does much.


actually, that reminds me.
one reason i like fairy tail is because the main character isn't the "strongest being in the galaxy" and such.
and while i somewhat agree, it makes sense how she got all of her spirits. she started out with 3 from her rich family, (not to mention that her mom was a celestial wizard) got leo after he couldn't go undercover anymore, got 3 more when she beat one of the biggest criminals in the land, etc.
it all makes sense how she got them. however, the only flaw about this is that people seem to forget lucy's the main character.
39427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

shadorai wrote:


dark_ghost wrote:


shadorai wrote:

the only flaw i really notice in fairy tail is that the arcs are SO LONG. like the tenroujima arc, that was about 20 episodes. i mean, that's just way too long. but otherwise, i think fairy tail is great.

what flaws do you guys notice about fairy tail?

p.s this is not a forum to put replies like "fairy tail sucks" on.


I don't think that Fairy Tail's arcs are long One Piece and Bleach arcs are longer.

I don't know if this counts as a flaw but the fact that the series revolves so much around Lucy and she owns 10 of the 12 strongest spirits she should be stronger because she never does much.


actually, that reminds me.
one reason i like fairy tail is because the main character isn't the "strongest being in the galaxy" and such.
and while i somewhat agree, it makes sense how she got all of her spirits. she started out with 3 from her rich family, (not to mention that her mom was a celestial wizard) got leo after he couldn't go undercover anymore, got 3 more when she beat one of the biggest criminals in the land, etc.
it all makes sense how she got them. however, the only flaw about this is that people seem to forget lucy's the main character.


Yeah she is the main character but because all the other characters around her are so much stronger she doesn't stand out as much as she should.
26532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / TX, USA
Online
Posted 11/21/12
I wish they'd rehash Rave Master. Now that right there would be so epic!
Posted 11/21/12
I don't see a problem.
71215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Online
Posted 11/21/12
The only flaw I see is the cartoonish characters. It has a cool concept, but when the girl summoned a talking cow I was like "... yeah no..."
5306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

Khaltazar wrote:

The only flaw I see is the cartoonish characters. It has a cool concept, but when the girl summoned a talking cow I was like "... yeah no..."


And they summon talking toads, monkeys, slugs, snakes, dogs, and turtles in Naruto. But that is the least of Naruto's issues.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.