First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Flaws of Fairy Tail
30658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / PALO ALTO, CA
Offline
Posted 12/9/12
At one point I used to absolutely love Fairy Tail but most of the episodes after the Tenroujima arc were so disappointing that my opinion of Fairy Tail decreased. Fairy Tail is getting back on the right track with this new story arc. I still like Fairy Tail a lot and I am glad to see that it is getting back to what made it so awesome. Also I would like to see more character development for Natsu; he is one of the reasons why I like Fairy Tail so much.
7045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/9/12 , edited 12/9/12
@Lalmelvin I hope you know that the arc after Tenrou was filler.
22133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In The Meawdow of...
Offline
Posted 12/9/12


That makes no absolute sense. One Piece is about pirates while Fairy Tail is about mages and the guild and the annoying villains who challenge them, while One Piece is about looking for the treasure One Piece and becoming the best pirate crew.

Those pictures also don't prove anything. The author for Fairy Tail used to be an assistant for One Piece's author which is the only reason why the art and poses are so similar. Bleach is also getting popular in Japan again since its in its last arc. I don't know if you actually even read Fairy Tail or checked up why the art is so similar then I can't really take you seriously.
34283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

ShiverGirl wrote:


Those pictures also don't prove anything. The author for Fairy Tail used to be an assistant for One Piece's author which is the only reason why the art and poses are so similar. Bleach is also getting popular in Japan again since its in its last arc. I don't know if you actually even read Fairy Tail or checked up why the art is so similar then I can't really take you seriously.


This is nothing more than a rumor. People started saying that Hiro Mashima was Eiichiro Oda's assistant because of how the characters design and many scenes in Fairy Tail resemble the characters and scenes in One Piece.

I have to agree, many scenes and character designs in Fairy Tail look almost identical to something we've seen in One Piece. However, they are different in terms of the story.

55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

ShiverGirl wrote:

That makes no absolute sense. One Piece is about pirates while Fairy Tail is about mages and the guild and the annoying villains who challenge them, while One Piece is about looking for the treasure One Piece and becoming the best pirate crew.

Those pictures also don't prove anything. The author for Fairy Tail used to be an assistant for One Piece's author which is the only reason why the art and poses are so similar. Bleach is also getting popular in Japan again since its in its last arc. I don't know if you actually even read Fairy Tail or checked up why the art is so similar then I can't really take you seriously.



I see you're in denial.
The flies from Fairy Fail are the exact copies of OP characters.
You would have to be absolutely delusional to think otherwise.

Luffy = Natsu
Nami = Lucy
Shanks = Gildarts
Happy = Chopper
Zoro & Sanji relationship = Natsu & Gray relationship
etc. etc.



I mean, it doesn't take a genius.


22133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In The Meawdow of...
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

viva_cmpunker wrote:


ShiverGirl wrote:


Those pictures also don't prove anything. The author for Fairy Tail used to be an assistant for One Piece's author which is the only reason why the art and poses are so similar. Bleach is also getting popular in Japan again since its in its last arc. I don't know if you actually even read Fairy Tail or checked up why the art is so similar then I can't really take you seriously.


This is nothing more than a rumor. People started saying that Hiro Mashima was Eiichiro Oda's assistant because of how the characters design and many scenes in Fairy Tail resemble the characters and scenes in One Piece.

I have to agree, many scenes and character designs in Fairy Tail look almost identical to something we've seen in One Piece. However, they are different in terms of the story.



I pretty sure it's true though as most manga authors start out like that. But anyways, oh well. Plenty of art is similar in the world and nobody is truly original. The author of Fairy Tail could have even developed his or her style from One Piece, so much that it looks similar. It isn't too unlikely.
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

Top 20 Manga Sales of 2012

*1 23,464,866 ONE PIECE ( = )
*2 *8,070,446 Kuroko no Basket
*3 *6,495,240 NARUTO
*4 *5,413,899 Uchuu Kyoudai
*5 *4,128,665 FAIRY TAIL ( - )
*6 *4,039,715 Kimi ni todoke
*7 *3,603,710 Gin no saji -Silver Spoon-
*8 *3,439,839 HUNTER×HUNTER
*9 *3,437,182 Magi
10 *3,211,191 Bakuman。

11 *3,005,339 Toriko
12 *2,974,750 BLEACH ( - )
13 *2,850,072 Gintama
14 *2,786,109 SKET DANCE
15 *2,682,504 Shigeki no kyojin
16 *2,481,385 Chihayafuru
17 *2,430,572 Detective Conan
18 *2,262,565 Ao no Exocist
19 *2,231,198 THERMAE ROMAE
20 *2,153,552 Inu×Boku SS


One Piece & Naruto remain flawless while
Fairy Fail and Bleach Detergent continue to struggle to stay relevant

.
22133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In The Meawdow of...
Offline
Posted 12/9/12


First of all, no need to call people delusional just because they don't think the same way you do. Just because some has a reasonable argument for something doesn't mean they are 'delusional'.

Nami is kinda like Lucy except for the fact Nami is probably the most deceitful women with a horrid past of her village being tortured by pirates and betrayed many people and Lucy is...Lucy.

Luffy is nothing like Natsu. If you say it like that, Naruto is the same as Luffy and Natsu too. Chopper is more useful than Happy and I much, much more developed.

Most of your points are invalid because One Piece characters are more developed and are nothing like them. They're somewhat similar, but they're not copies. If you haven't read at least up to the opposite word arc for Fairy Tail then I can't take you seriously. You're not even listing why you think they are an EXACT copy.

In overall, One Piece characters are just SO much more developed.
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 12/9/12 , edited 12/9/12

ShiverGirl wrote:

First of all, no need to call people delusional just because they don't think the same way you do. Just because some has a reasonable argument for something doesn't mean they are 'delusional'.

Nami is kinda like Lucy except for the fact Nami is probably the most deceitful women with a horrid past of her village being tortured by pirates and betrayed many people and Lucy is...Lucy.

Luffy is nothing like Natsu. If you say it like that, Naruto is the same as Luffy and Natsu too. Chopper is more useful than Happy and I much, much more developed.

Most of your points are invalid because One Piece characters are more developed and are nothing like them. They're somewhat similar, but they're not copies. If you haven't read at least up to the opposite word arc for Fairy Tail then I can't take you seriously. You're not even listing why you think they are an EXACT copy.

In overall, One Piece characters are just SO much more developed.



Gorl I've read and watched up to the Edolas arc.
And I don't care if you don't take me seriously.

My point still stands that Fairy Fail is a copy of One Piece.
Hiro Mashitma could've at least tried to hide his love for OP.
If you replaced One Piece of Heaven's pirates and devil fruits with mages and magic, what do you think?


They're somewhat similar


I agree.


EDIT:

I just saw this:








34283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

ShiverGirl wrote:


viva_cmpunker wrote:


ShiverGirl wrote:


Those pictures also don't prove anything. The author for Fairy Tail used to be an assistant for One Piece's author which is the only reason why the art and poses are so similar. Bleach is also getting popular in Japan again since its in its last arc. I don't know if you actually even read Fairy Tail or checked up why the art is so similar then I can't really take you seriously.


This is nothing more than a rumor. People started saying that Hiro Mashima was Eiichiro Oda's assistant because of how the characters design and many scenes in Fairy Tail resemble the characters and scenes in One Piece.

I have to agree, many scenes and character designs in Fairy Tail look almost identical to something we've seen in One Piece. However, they are different in terms of the story.



I pretty sure it's true though as most manga authors start out like that. But anyways, oh well. Plenty of art is similar in the world and nobody is truly original. The author of Fairy Tail could have even developed his or her style from One Piece, so much that it looks similar. It isn't too unlikely.


I was surprised when I read that Hiro Mashima has never been an assistant to anyone. A post was written by Del Rey(now also named Kodansha in the US) the publisher of Fairy Tail manga that confirmed Hiro was never an assistant to any author. http://web.archive.org/web/20110707081343/http://activeanime.com/delreyblog/?p=129

22133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In The Meawdow of...
Offline
Posted 12/9/12


It still wouldn't be the same. There's the summons, and the dragon slayers, not to mention the annoying evil guilds that pop up everywhere...and some of the celestial keys, the celestial and world, when the dragons were killed, when Lucy's mom died on the same day the dragons died....It's still not the same as One Piece. They're similar but that's it. You don't have to insult the author either, Fairy Tail is pretty successful and like or not someday One Piece will end and Fairy Tail will probably take over it's reign and Naruto, Bleach, etc..

Either way I see this going nowhere so I'm going to stop talking to you.
22133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In The Meawdow of...
Offline
Posted 12/9/12 , edited 12/9/12

viva_cmpunker wrote:


ShiverGirl wrote:


viva_cmpunker wrote:


ShiverGirl wrote:


Those pictures also don't prove anything. The author for Fairy Tail used to be an assistant for One Piece's author which is the only reason why the art and poses are so similar. Bleach is also getting popular in Japan again since its in its last arc. I don't know if you actually even read Fairy Tail or checked up why the art is so similar then I can't really take you seriously.


This is nothing more than a rumor. People started saying that Hiro Mashima was Eiichiro Oda's assistant because of how the characters design and many scenes in Fairy Tail resemble the characters and scenes in One Piece.

I have to agree, many scenes and character designs in Fairy Tail look almost identical to something we've seen in One Piece. However, they are different in terms of the story.



I pretty sure it's true though as most manga authors start out like that. But anyways, oh well. Plenty of art is similar in the world and nobody is truly original. The author of Fairy Tail could have even developed his or her style from One Piece, so much that it looks similar. It isn't too unlikely.


I was surprised when I read that Hiro Mashima has never been an assistant to anyone. A post was written by Del Rey(now also named Kodansha in the US) the publisher of Fairy Tail manga that confirmed Hiro was never an assistant to any author. http://web.archive.org/web/20110707081343/http://activeanime.com/delreyblog/?p=129



Really? That's so odd. I honestly have nothing to say about that except...creepy. Actually, wow. I had no idea that' why they're artwork is similar. Otherwise, it's a very good theory.
40053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
BACK HOME BIACHES
Offline
Posted 12/29/12
i dont know any flaws cause it starts off at a exam
Posted 1/1/13
They always have hero music when the hero enters!
22146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Wandering around...
Offline
Posted 1/1/13
I don't think the arc length is the weakness of Fairy Tail.

If anything it's that everything can be solved with the power of "friendship". One can only take so much flowers, rainbows, and unicorns before they get bored.

I like Fairy Tail, but the way most fights end sucks.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.