First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply Chinese pop star 24 declares love for 12 year old girl
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

karmacide wrote:

itt: anime fans defend pedophilia and statutory rape

i love you guys

i love you for not being repulsive as hell

good job!!!
8508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
go for it. age is a number, not a barrier.
33648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Delaware, U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
Disgusting! Just string him up and be done with it!
Posted 11/20/12
OMG .__.
17754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
The girl doesn't even look 12. She looks 8.
121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

GayAsianBoy wrote:


nameherenow wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

It sickens me how close-minded some people can be and think they can judge someone else's relationship when it's none of their business.


So how should open minded people act? What's wrong with voicing concerns or having opinions when although we do not know this particular people, this kind of issue can affect anyone. Honestly I can't judge them because I don't know them but being aware of the risks I can still feel concerned.


There's no difference between this relationship... and another relationship where a 12-year-old-girl dates a boy of the same age. The girl could potentially get pregnant and ruin her life as well.

At least with this girl's relationship, the guy is old enough to know not to sleep with her. I'd rather she date this 24 year old than some horny 14-year-old boy who doesn't know how to put a condom on.



In addition, her parents consented to this, and it's her parents and her business, not anybody else in the world.


Firstly, how you can say there's no much difference between a 12-year-old-girl dating someone her own age and her dating a 24 year old adult is beyond me. Putting aside the fact that there are obvious mental and physical developmental differences, socially a 12-year-old is less likely to hold the same position as a 24 year old or even be allowed the same powers, same rights, same independence, equal responsibilities or equal opportunities. In this situation the power imbalance has been in place since the moment the guy became a mentor to her at age 8. As an adult you'd expect he is aware of the influence he has on her and how that might affect how she feels about him.

Secondly, why is a 14 year old boy considered too immature and incompetent in a relationship but a 12 year old girl is? If the girl can't be trusted to not sleep with a boy her own age, to not get pregnant and to not ruin her life then why then should we think she's prepared to handle an adult relationship? and 24 isn't a magic age where suddenly everyone is mature, responsible and knows exactly what to do and what not to do.

Finally not all parents know or even care about what's best for their children and some parents are perfectly happy to put their children in very risky situations.

3458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
If I saw those photos without even reading anything, I would've assumed that they were siblings
28822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 11/20/12

Nozferi wrote:
Sex is an intregal part of any healthy relationship at the age of 24


Disregarding everything else in that post, no. That statement is completely and utterly wrong, and I can't just let it slide. There are plenty of people who have perfectly healthy relationships at age 24 without sex, and such relationships actually tend to be healthier than many of those that do involve sex. And the fact that so many people seem to be under the false impression that relationship = sex is what I think is the biggest problem in this topic.
9974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / San Diego, USA
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Winnar

A winnar is he. [Don't follow the link if you're under 18. It's Encyclopedia Dramatica - a place where innocence goes to die.]
4232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Leaf village
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
maybe it's for publicity
43773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

shotanime wrote:


Kay guys, let's look at this from a purely "scientific" perspective. and NOT a society-influenced value/opinions..

EVERYONE DO THEIR RESEARCH ABOUT THE BRAIN AND THE FRONTAL LOBE, which is responsible for long-term decision making. Adolescents do not, and cannot (even if they think they can) make decisions properly without parental/guardian guidance. I know that sounds like a big slap in the face for a lot of you who are adolescents, and i know for a FACT that if someone said this to me when I was 12, I would have called BS. And that's not a bad attitude to have. That head-strong attitude of yours will get you through some tough times in life, so it shouldn't be entirely discouraged.

However, the real FACT is, that the reason why we never understand these decisions when we are younger, is cause it does not affect us until we are older. Our decisions we make as children CAN affect us as adults. Meaning, there is a good chance she will grow up and look back, and think about this relationship in a different light.




I'm not angry or trying to pick a fight, but I would like to challenge you to an academic debate.

If you say from a "purely scientific perspective" without any societal opinion/values, then all mammalian organisms (which includes humans) are ready to begin sexual reproduction the moment they enter puberty/first menstrual cycle.

Yes, you are correct to say that teenagers are still developing decision-making part of the brain. But the fact that you bring this up means that you are involving society influence into your discussion.

However in a natural environment without any societal influence... people are ready to begin sexual reproduction since the start of puberty, and it doesn't matter how old their sexual partner is.

The reason why this case is such an uproar is because of the age difference -- which is a societal value.


43773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

nameherenow wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:


nameherenow wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

It sickens me how close-minded some people can be and think they can judge someone else's relationship when it's none of their business.


So how should open minded people act? What's wrong with voicing concerns or having opinions when although we do not know this particular people, this kind of issue can affect anyone. Honestly I can't judge them because I don't know them but being aware of the risks I can still feel concerned.


There's no difference between this relationship... and another relationship where a 12-year-old-girl dates a boy of the same age. The girl could potentially get pregnant and ruin her life as well.

At least with this girl's relationship, the guy is old enough to know not to sleep with her. I'd rather she date this 24 year old than some horny 14-year-old boy who doesn't know how to put a condom on.



In addition, her parents consented to this, and it's her parents and her business, not anybody else in the world.


Firstly, how you can say there's no much difference between a 12-year-old-girl dating someone her own age and her dating a 24 year old adult is beyond me. Putting aside the fact that there are obvious mental and physical developmental differences, socially a 12-year-old is less likely to hold the same position as a 24 year old or even be allowed the same powers, same rights, same independence, equal responsibilities or equal opportunities. In this situation the power imbalance has been in place since the moment the guy became a mentor to her at age 8. As an adult you'd expect he is aware of the influence he has on her and how that might affect how she feels about him.

Secondly, why is a 14 year old boy considered too immature and incompetent in a relationship but a 12 year old girl is? If the girl can't be trusted to not sleep with a boy her own age, to not get pregnant and to not ruin her life then why then should we think she's prepared to handle an adult relationship? and 24 isn't a magic age where suddenly everyone is mature, responsible and knows exactly what to do and what not to do.

Finally not all parents know or even care about what's best for their children and some parents are perfectly happy to put their children in very risky situations.



My point is this: Why is a 12yearold girl dating another 12 yearold boy considered OK?
When they could be having sex unprotected which is just as damaging, and both persons are still developing mentally.
At least with the 24 yearold guy, he's mentally developed.

And you mention mental and physical differences...

Do you know that the same aged people dating also have complications? Such as... peer pressure, not knowing about protection and infections, and also girls develop faster than boys. But nobody seems to be against it.
43773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

Nozferi wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:


nameherenow wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

It sickens me how close-minded some people can be and think they can judge someone else's relationship when it's none of their business.


So how should open minded people act? What's wrong with voicing concerns or having opinions when although we do not know this particular people, this kind of issue can affect anyone. Honestly I can't judge them because I don't know them but being aware of the risks I can still feel concerned.


There's no difference between this relationship... and another relationship where a 12-year-old-girl dates a boy of the same age. The girl could potentially get pregnant and ruin her life as well.

At least with this girl's relationship, the guy is old enough to know not to sleep with her. I'd rather she date this 24 year old than some horny 14-year-old boy who doesn't know how to put a condom on.



In addition, her parents consented to this, and it's her parents and her business, not anybody else in the world.


If you can't see the difference between an 24 year old having an relationship with an 12 year old, and an 14 year old having one with an 12 year old, you're way past reasonable discussion. It's an matter of the difference in their psychological and physical maturity. I don't have the same type of relationships now as an 22 year old as I did when I was 12-15 years old. Sex is an intregal part of any healthy relationship at the age of 24, but it's not at the age of 12.

I suppose we should just get rid of the term 'Pedophile' - After all, an adult knows how to put on a condom much better than an teenager.

Your entire defence of this relationship is based on the assumption that this guy is mature and won't sleep with her, are you personally aquainted with these two individuals? If not, you're already judging someone elses relationship. <- Yes, that works in more than one way.

Personally in cases like this I'd rather be judgemental in case I'm right, than "open-minded" in case I'm wrong. The potential damage to this girls life is to big to just naively look away.



Actually, I'm not defending their relationship.


If you read my first comment, it says:



200 years ago, this would have been considered normal.
Girls in Asia married at 12 and started having children at 13. Boys married as young as 14.

It's not like he's forcing her to be in a relationship with him.



Then someone said it sickens them that there are people who think that this type of relationship is OK.

Which is why I started defending my own point of view and saying how it sickens me there are close-minded people.

I'm not judging their relationship, that's what he said in the article: "Muyi, who is said to have been hired as the model's music coach when she was eight-years-old, replied: 'I simply can't wait for these next four birthdays of yours to pass, I'm counting down each one.'"


Did you read the first post?
48074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway.
Offline
Posted 11/21/12

Aethix0 wrote:


Nozferi wrote:
Sex is an intregal part of any healthy relationship at the age of 24


Disregarding everything else in that post, no. That statement is completely and utterly wrong, and I can't just let it slide. There are plenty of people who have perfectly healthy relationships at age 24 without sex, and such relationships actually tend to be healthier than many of those that do involve sex. And the fact that so many people seem to be under the false impression that relationship = sex is what I think is the biggest problem in this topic.


I'll rephrase it, seeing as it obviously hit an unintended nerve with you.

An intregal part of most healthy relationships at the age of 24.

That being said, 'sex being an intregal part' has no bearing on frequency. Personally I'll admit that I find it odd that two people in an adult relationship has no need/desire to be with their partner sexually, absent pshycological or religious reasons. In any case, I apologize if I offended you - It was not in any way my intention.
48074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway.
Offline
Posted 11/21/12


I read the section I marked for quoting and in that correspondance between you and 'nameherenow', you did - whether intentional or not, defend their relationship. There was no information there that would've changed my perception of your conversation, nothing else was marked by neither you nor 'nameherenow'.


There's no difference between this relationship... and another relationship where a 12-year-old-girl dates a boy of the same age. The girl could potentially get pregnant and ruin her life as well.

At least with this girl's relationship, the guy is old enough to know not to sleep with her. I'd rather she date this 24 year old than some horny 14-year-old boy who doesn't know how to put a condom on.


That is what I responded to, not an discussion regarding closed/open minds.

And we're both judging their relationship whether we want to admit it or not. You judged based on something he said in an interview, assuming him to be telling the truth. - Assumption is also an judgement. And I judged them based on the possibility of her being taken advantage of, and that is only strengthend by him having had an teacher/"superiour" role to her since she was 8.

There is an reason why this isn't considered normal anymore.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.