First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Thanksgiving is coming, what will you be craving or expecting to eat?
Posted 11/19/12 , edited 11/20/12
Sadly I will be working, but I'm sure o'l Mom's will save me a plate...good thing I don't live too far from her
Anyways I can't wait for that unique moist turkey and dressing combo, the broiled beef steak topped with cabbage,
homemade Mac and cheese (boxed Mac & cheese should illegal on this day), assortment of cheesecakes and peach
Cobbler, there are other things, but this what I want most. Sure to gain 5-7 pounds that I will have to work off later.
What are some of the foods you crave, expect or want on your thanksgiving day...or some might say Turkey Day?

EDIT: and if its passed, what did you have and or wanted that wasn't there?
Posted 11/19/12
The typical spread.
3603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 11/19/12
I cannot stand turkey at all.


I will probably end up eating a massive bowl of mashed potatoes and nothing else.
7062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Northern California
Offline
Posted 11/19/12
Pecan pie.
Posted 11/19/12
Not sure if my mom will make anything special for thanksgiving since she work like 7 days a week !! if not we will probably go to a buffet or something,
1739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/19/12
I'm craving sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie *3*
46200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Buried under a pi...
Offline
Posted 11/19/12
I hate turkey with a passion. (All those years of having turkey leftovers for months...yeah. ). So, Cornish Hen for me! I'm not a big eater anyway. I never understood the whole concept of stuffing oneself. Maybe I'm just super weird!
Posted 11/19/12

kafung wrote:

Not sure if my mom will make anything special for thanksgiving since she work like 7 days a week !! if not we will probably go to a buffet or something,


I'm jealous, you have quite the spread as you avatar sir, and thanks for serving our nation...much respect.
31091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / F / Ozone
Offline
Posted 11/19/12
turkey,dressing,mashed potatoes,sweet potatoes,devild eggs,mac+chs,rolls,homemade gravy,green beans,pumpkin pie,pecan pie.Since I'm Mom I"m sure I'll be too tired to even eat!But if the boys are happy-I'm happy.
Posted 11/19/12

Art-chan wrote:

I hate turkey with a passion. (All those years of having turkey leftovers for months...yeah. ). So, Cornish Hen for me! I'm not a big eater anyway. I never understood the whole concept of stuffing oneself. Maybe I'm just super weird!


Lol, don't remind me of those turkey sandwiches, soups and casseroles and some times just plain turkey, but
the last few Thanksgiving's I went out to restaurants...so my turkey tolerance is up this year.
4961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/20/12 , edited 11/20/12
Seeing how I'm stuck doing the Fuc&!ng cooking this year and from now on, I'm not sure. Although I have gotten a request for a traditional style Thanksgiving meal. Last year, because of the sheer boredom of the same crap every year, I made it Korean Style (Korean Spiced turkey/ sesame fried long green beans, etc.). The year before I made it Caribbean Style.....Oddly enough, the American way seems like much more work. I'm thinking of doing something different again, but am at a loss for ideas and time is running out...traditional might win out by default....I am however craving some Cazuela de Calabaza cooked in banana leaves....hmmmm...
4961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

marcel20 wrote:


Art-chan wrote:

I hate turkey with a passion. (All those years of having turkey leftovers for months...yeah. ). So, Cornish Hen for me! I'm not a big eater anyway. I never understood the whole concept of stuffing oneself. Maybe I'm just super weird!


Lol, don't remind me of those turkey sandwiches, soups and casseroles and some times just plain turkey, but
the last few Thanksgiving's I went out to restaurants...so my turkey tolerance is up this year.


If we have leftovers, I also make turkey pot pie, turkey chow mein, Vietamese stew with turkey...etc. I learned how to make turkey not taste like turkey using spices, oils, and sauces...but if we ever do have leftovers, it's never for more than two days, and everyone fights for them anyway. That is one of my talents, cooking. Unfortunately I sometimes hate the prep work/planning and with a burning passion hate the clean up.
49970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 11/20/12
Turkey, stuffing, corn, mash potatoes, salad, gravy
...with rice haha
Quarlo 
21419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
I'll be bringing my super awesome stuffing.

Secret ingredients: cranberry raisins, green olives & pecans.
26424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/12
pizza, roast and vodka.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.