First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
DmC (2013)
14132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 11/21/12
After playing the demo I have to say that this game will be mind-blowing~
2342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / Morioh-cho
Offline
Posted 11/25/12
Are you serious?
I admit the atmosphere was impressive but the gameplay was a mess!
What were they thinking when they got rid of the lock on mechanic and made a dedicated button for the launcher instead of "lock-on+back+sword." The camera is a little disagreeing as well,without the lock on feature,i can't quick snap to the nearest enemy that's behind me ready to fire those projectiles! Worst of all,i can't do the Stinger!

Other than that though,game looks great in a visual and artistic sense. Look forward in january for the finished product.
12063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/12

-Elo- wrote:

After playing the demo I have to say that this game will be mind-blowing~


I honestly enjoyed the demo a lot, coming off of DMC4. It's a fresh take on the franchise. I think the amount of vitriol some people have for this game kinda beyond ridiculous at this point.
16267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Miami, Florida
Offline
Posted 12/6/12

-Elo- wrote:

After playing the demo I have to say that this game will be mind-blowing~


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wth1Wk3EM
Posted 1/11/13 , edited 1/11/13
Gameplay? Atmosphere!? Has anyone NOT noticed the fact that this IS NOT A DEVIL MAY CRY GAME!?!? I mean just....just.....


LOOK AT IT!! Who the hell IS this?! He's not Dante, this is Dante!


And--omiGOD!! WHAT IS THIS!?!


Half Angel, Half Demon?! How do you screw up something as simple as THE SON OF SPARDA!?!?


*huff* *huff* I'm sorry, it's just...It's the same deal with Final Fantasy; the developers just seem to NOT. CARE! ANYMORE!!

Capcom Corporate Commander:


'Alright, listen up! The fans are getting pissy, and they want to play something DmC related; anyone got an idea??'

Worker:
'How about we finally release Devil May Cry 5? The fans have been asking for it for a while now, even giving some suggestions for play; maybe a parkour element, giving the world more depth, and we can even expand the story; maybe flesh out Nero mor--'

Capcom Corporate Commander:

'STOP! Stop! I hate it! Innovation seems like hard work! We need to make a game with LESS money and effort, you MORON!! HHmmmmm.....I know! How about a reboot? A-and we will change everything; the characters, the world! It'll be like the Micheal Bay TMNT reboot! GENIUS!! Do it now, or you're FIRED!!'

......Why not? Capcom has proven before that they're cash whores using licenses to earn money. Remember how Phoenix Wright was added to MvC3 DLC Character Pack, solely to make you pay 9 or 10 dollars for him AND the other characters included you DIDN'T WANT!? I could say more, but you all know already. And now, between RE 6, and the sh#tload of half-assed SF IV expansions, we can now add DmC: Devil May Cry to the shameful cash-ins of Cashwhores' vault. Awesome.
22019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/12/13
Capcom are a business and they are going to go the business route.

We the fans are a small portion of their worries, so just chill out! Companies will always make a game franchise if it continues to make money.

Getting back of topic here. I played the demo of DMC and I must say it was better then I thought it would be, even though the new looking Dante is a little bit of a buzzkill, but I can excuse that with how good the game looks graphic wise and the gameplay is fine though the demon
voice that talks quietly is a Darkness rip-off to be honest.

So far so good:) I hope the final version will deliver and who knows, the people complaining about it will properly end up loving this game,
because that's just how some fans are. They don't like any change to their game they like, but they still complain when it stays the same anyway so yeah some people are never satisfied
Posted 1/12/13 , edited 1/12/13

OtakuVentus wrote:

Capcom are a business and they are going to go the business route.

We the fans are a small portion of their worries, so just chill out! Companies will always make a game franchise if it continues to make money.

Getting back of topic here. I played the demo of DMC and I must say it was better then I thought it would be, even though the new looking Dante is a little bit of a buzzkill, but I can excuse that with how good the game looks graphic wise and the gameplay is fine though the demon
voice that talks quietly is a Darkness rip-off to be honest.

So far so good:) I hope the final version will deliver and who knows, the people complaining about it will properly end up loving this game,
because that's just how some fans are. They don't like any change to their game they like, but they still complain when it stays the same anyway so yeah some people are never satisfied



What you say isn't WRONG, it just seems that's ALL Capcom cares about; the money. Instead of giving us fans what we wanted for years, MvC3, we instead got a bare-bones effort of a fighting game. Instead of a true return to form of survival horror, we got RE 6. Yes, I know they're business, but tactics like this don't always money for very long. The fans are not that stupid; they'll catch on, and they won't support you much longer, Capcom.


As for the Demo, yeah, I'm not gonna lie, it looks friggin' AWESOME.......but it's not a Tech Demo; it's a gameplay Demo, and those almost always NEVER the same of the actual product. Will it be a good game? ......I hope, but I'm not setting my sights very high.

17259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/13
After that disgrace of a game they had the nerve to call DMC4 it can only be a great improvement...
440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ogden, Utah
Offline
Posted 1/13/13
The new DmC will be okay game play wise but the character and plot is just going to be so god awful.

"My name's Dante the mother f****** b**** demon ass kicker yo! I'm such a rebel with my brother who's so /b/ he shits the anon! We like, hate faux news and stuff, REBEL!!!"
440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ogden, Utah
Offline
Posted 1/13/13 , edited 1/13/13


You realize that they handed off Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory right, Capcom doesn't really have much to do with anything with this game. Super Street Fighter IV was an AMAZING expansion to Street Fighter IV and you're an idiot to think otherwise. Resident Evil 6 also wasn't that bad, it was just different. Considering that before RE 4 came out a lot of people criticized how stale the typical formula was they needed a fresh change. And for MvC3? People had been asking for Strider, Nova, Vergil and Dr. Strange for awhile, and Frank had already been made he just needed some more work on him, also people wanted him as well. Go back to Kotaku and whine harder.
Posted 1/13/13 , edited 1/13/13

The_Red_Hood wrote:



You realize that they handed off Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory right, Capcom doesn't really have much to do with anything with this game. Super Street Fighter IV was an AMAZING expansion to Street Fighter IV and you're an idiot to think otherwise. Resident Evil 6 also wasn't that bad, it was just different. Considering that before RE 4 came out a lot of people criticized how stale the typical formula was they needed a fresh change. And for MvC3? People had been asking for Strider, Nova, Vergil and Dr. Strange for awhile, and Frank had already been made he just needed some more work on him, also people wanted him as well. Go back to Kotaku and whine harder.


Well, SORRY, pal! I guess I didn't consider the fact that Capcom obviously didn't care enough to develop the game on their own time, but instead handed one of their many, MANY franchises to some medicore company that made what? Heavenly Sword? Yeah, how well received was that game again? And you're saying that, somehow, this isn't Capcom's fault; that they made such a crap-shoot decision?

Also, you're right; I admit not ALL SFIV expansions are bad, but honestly, just give me SFV.....I'd be happier with that.

Oh yeah! RE 6 was just DIFFERENT, that makes sense. So, instead of a true horror game, we have an action game? Yeah, cause that's what makes Resident Evil, right!? Oh, sure, 4 had some of the same gameplay elements, like the third-person perspective, but the difference there was the fact that RE 4 still felt like it had tension and atmosphere, two key things in a horror game, both of which RE 6 dropped like a f^&king hot potato in favor of lots of f&*king explosions, like it's a damn Michael Bay movie. Because THAT'S what makes a good Resident Evil, right? Hey, tell me; how many people hated RE 5, again? You know, for being more action oriented? Just curious.

And those MvC3 characters? Oh, sure, the fans got what they wanted......a few months later........in a different game ( UMvC3 )........on it's own F%&KING DLC........60$ on top of 40$ PLUS F^&KING DLC PRICES! Oh yeah, we sure didn't get our wallets raped after little stunt! Even when we get what we want, Capcom STILL screws it up, those money grubbing sacks a SH&T!!

Bottom line, Red; don't go defendin' stupid shit like this. That doesn't make you a loyal fan, it makes you a dumb consumer who has very low standards. But, w'ever; keep defendin' Capcom's sh&t tactics, you fanboy! Now.....go back to your PS3 or 360 and jerk harder.
440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ogden, Utah
Offline
Posted 1/15/13


Well, SORRY, pal! I guess I didn't consider the fact that Capcom obviously didn't care enough to develop the game on their own time, but instead handed one of their many, MANY franchises to some medicore company that made what? Heavenly Sword? Yeah, how well received was that game again? And you're saying that, somehow, this isn't Capcom's fault; that they made such a crap-shoot decision?


Heavenly Sword was actually pretty well received, it might not have been a great game, but it was certainly good. Metroid M only received flack over it's story and portrayal of Samus, and DMC has never really raised the bar when it came to story.


Also, you're right; I admit not ALL SFIV expansions are bad, but honestly, just give me SFV.....I'd be happier with that.


Even though Capcom has released expansions for every single Street Fighter since the second one came out? People still enjoy playing IV, especially pro players, you know, the guys that actually support there games with reasonable requests and criticism.


Oh yeah! RE 6 was just DIFFERENT, that makes sense. So, instead of a true horror game, we have an action game? Yeah, cause that's what makes Resident Evil, right!? Oh, sure, 4 had some of the same gameplay elements, like the third-person perspective, but the difference there was the fact that RE 4 still felt like it had tension and atmosphere, two key things in a horror game, both of which RE 6 dropped like a f^&king hot potato in favor of lots of f&*king explosions, like it's a damn Michael Bay movie. Because THAT'S what makes a good Resident Evil, right? Hey, tell me; how many people hated RE 5, again? You know, for being more action oriented? Just curious.


Resident Evil 4 wasn't even scary, it had no atmosphere or tension and replaced Leon's attitude with some wit machine Dante wanna be. The only people who "hated" RE5 were whiny fan boys who just wanted a rehash of RE 4.



And those MvC3 characters? Oh, sure, the fans got what they wanted......a few months later........in a different game ( UMvC3 )........on it's own F%&KING DLC........60$ on top of 40$ PLUS F^&KING DLC PRICES! Oh yeah, we sure didn't get our wallets raped after little stunt! Even when we get what we want, Capcom STILL screws it up, those money grubbing sacks a SH&T!!


It was your choice to buy it. You could have easily waited until the game dropped down to a price you felt was reasonable and then picked it up, or split the cost. Ultimate did add a little bit more than the characters, but it could have been better.


Bottom line, Red; don't go defendin' stupid shit like this. That doesn't make you a loyal fan, it makes you a dumb consumer who has very low standards. But, w'ever; keep defendin' Capcom's sh&t tactics, you fanboy! Now.....go back to your PS3 or 360 and jerk harder.


Defending? I'm not defending it, I'm looking at it at a rational point of view instead of acting like a toddler demanding everything be MY way. I'm not really a fan of Capcom as of late, they deserve a lot of the flack that they've gotten but it's not like they aren't trying to fix it or do anything fresh. Which is rather difficult with keyboard warriors like you flying to the guns ready to shoot down anything they try to do because they are such "money grubbing pieces of shit". If you actually played games instead of screaming at them for not meeting your unrealistic expectations you might be able to actually offer productive criticism as opposed to sounding like the five year old you are.

Stay classy Thunder.
Posted 1/15/13

The_Red_Hood wrote:



Well, SORRY, pal! I guess I didn't consider the fact that Capcom obviously didn't care enough to develop the game on their own time, but instead handed one of their many, MANY franchises to some medicore company that made what? Heavenly Sword? Yeah, how well received was that game again? And you're saying that, somehow, this isn't Capcom's fault; that they made such a crap-shoot decision?


Heavenly Sword was actually pretty well received, it might not have been a great game, but it was certainly good. Metroid M only received flack over it's story and portrayal of Samus, and DMC has never really raised the bar when it came to story.


Also, you're right; I admit not ALL SFIV expansions are bad, but honestly, just give me SFV.....I'd be happier with that.


Even though Capcom has released expansions for every single Street Fighter since the second one came out? People still enjoy playing IV, especially pro players, you know, the guys that actually support there games with reasonable requests and criticism.


Oh yeah! RE 6 was just DIFFERENT, that makes sense. So, instead of a true horror game, we have an action game? Yeah, cause that's what makes Resident Evil, right!? Oh, sure, 4 had some of the same gameplay elements, like the third-person perspective, but the difference there was the fact that RE 4 still felt like it had tension and atmosphere, two key things in a horror game, both of which RE 6 dropped like a f^&king hot potato in favor of lots of f&*king explosions, like it's a damn Michael Bay movie. Because THAT'S what makes a good Resident Evil, right? Hey, tell me; how many people hated RE 5, again? You know, for being more action oriented? Just curious.


Resident Evil 4 wasn't even scary, it had no atmosphere or tension and replaced Leon's attitude with some wit machine Dante wanna be. The only people who "hated" RE5 were whiny fan boys who just wanted a rehash of RE 4.



And those MvC3 characters? Oh, sure, the fans got what they wanted......a few months later........in a different game ( UMvC3 )........on it's own F%&KING DLC........60$ on top of 40$ PLUS F^&KING DLC PRICES! Oh yeah, we sure didn't get our wallets raped after little stunt! Even when we get what we want, Capcom STILL screws it up, those money grubbing sacks a SH&T!!


It was your choice to buy it. You could have easily waited until the game dropped down to a price you felt was reasonable and then picked it up, or split the cost. Ultimate did add a little bit more than the characters, but it could have been better.


Bottom line, Red; don't go defendin' stupid shit like this. That doesn't make you a loyal fan, it makes you a dumb consumer who has very low standards. But, w'ever; keep defendin' Capcom's sh&t tactics, you fanboy! Now.....go back to your PS3 or 360 and jerk harder.


Defending? I'm not defending it, I'm looking at it at a rational point of view instead of acting like a toddler demanding everything be MY way. I'm not really a fan of Capcom as of late, they deserve a lot of the flack that they've gotten but it's not like they aren't trying to fix it or do anything fresh. Which is rather difficult with keyboard warriors like you flying to the guns ready to shoot down anything they try to do because they are such "money grubbing pieces of shit". If you actually played games instead of screaming at them for not meeting your unrealistic expectations you might be able to actually offer productive criticism as opposed to sounding like the five year old you are.

Stay classy Thunder.


*B R E A T H E!!*

...Maybe you're right. I shouldn't be so irrational. Hell, I have actually hated games like Metal Gear Solid and Call of Duty; and, while I still have to play CoD to this day, I have played MGS and now, I love it! Yes, I should play the games first before I critizie it, you're right.....And I'm sorry for how I acted; I'm still in high school and not quite used to controlling my dark side....I took it out on you for no reason, that was wrong....

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I totally agree with ALL your opinions, or that I think you're in the whole right. Yeah, true, the DLC was my choice to buy and that' all well and good....but if the general doesn't WANT to buy it, but rather it's FORCED to us by Capcom (What with having character PACKS whether than individual characters, THAT would've been cool, allowing US what we want.), then the public feels conned. It doesn't help that the DLC was on the EXPANSION DLC, which we had to pay 40$ for, along with the 60$ for the original PLUS DLC...isn't that a bit much, guys? 100$ + metaphorical tax for ONE game? That doesn't seem, at the very least, greedy to you?


RE 4.....eh, you didn't think it was scary, different strokes, different folks, I can understand. And while I HAVE seen legitimate reasons to call on RE 5.......The fans took it WWAAAAAAYY too far, making a shit arguement that the game was somehow racist, because the debut trailer featured Chris Redfield, a white guy, killing African-American zombies.......ZOMBIES! How is it racist to kill zombies? That WAS, and still is, a good reason to call on the fans, it was pretty stupid. It DOES seem like RE 4 gets a lot of praise for being what it is, but that doesn't excuse the fans.


The expansions?.....Maybe I'M the only one who would rather have a new game than an update, but, eh.

Going back on my first comment, I haven't played Heavenly Sword, so I wouldn't know what to think of it. Though I still stand by my opinion that handing off a major license to a little known company WAS, and still is, a risky idea. Could it work? Errhhmm, I hope.

I AM sorry for what I said, I didn't mean for this to get so out of control, so, I apologize.

Posted 1/15/13 , edited 3/12/13
After my dumbass bitching--

Sorry, guys--

I can safely say that while I haven't played the demo, I think I found a guy who can summarize why I don't really like DmC as a 'Devil May Cry' game...

Click here to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wth1Wk3EM
15093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/19/13
Played the demo, hated it, deleted it.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.