Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Major discovery found on mars by the rover curiosity.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/23/12 , edited 11/23/12
"This data is gonna be one for the history books," Curiosity chief scientist John Grotzinger, of Caltech in Pasadena, told NPR. "It's looking really good."


The rover team won't be ready to announce just what SAM found for several weeks, NPR reported, as scientists want to check and double-check the results. Indeed, Grotzinger confirmed to SPACE.com that the news will come out at the fall meeting of the American Geophysical Union, which takes place Dec. 3-7 in San Francisco. more in the link below

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/mars-rover-curiosity-discovery_n_2167207.html

Could this be the answer to a question that mankind has so despritely searched for? Is there life besides our own?What is it that you think they discovered?
Personaly i think aliens is the most ridiculous thing we humans has ever come up with. Im only saying this because i dont want to witness that awkard moment when we have to explain why we accused them of anely raping us with machines. That would be pretty embarassing.

Queen Moderator
29716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 11/23/12 , edited 11/23/12
Perhaps a new mineral of some sort? That would be cool. :)


It could literally be anything though, something under the surface, something in the air, something they see, something they "hear", who knows =)
12626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 11/23/12
There was this discussion on tv last night. They said it was most likely some new type of mineral, and not life on mars. Anyways great discovery.
32310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Central Texas
Offline
Posted 11/23/12
My guess is signs of alien life. From what I read, that is what curiosity was searching for in that area of mars. Keep in mind though that these signs of life will only be the fossilized remains of single cell organisms and the like. I'm not entirely sure but I think they have already found such fossils before on meteors and they think that is how life first came to earth as well as other planets.
9558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 11/23/12

Jdaimond wrote:

Personaly i think aliens is the most ridiculous thing we humans has ever come up with.


Of course there is life outside of earth. Perhaps not "aliens", but lifeforms on other planets with favorable conditions. To think that we're the ONLY planet in the universe with life would be much too arrogant of us. Even if it's a microscopic cell out there on another planet, that still counts as life.

Anyway, I'm assuming they've found some kind of remains of something that once lived there. That would be pretty cool, even if it was something that died most likely ages ago.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 11/23/12 , edited 11/23/12

Narukamiyu wrote:


Jdaimond wrote:

Personaly i think aliens is the most ridiculous thing we humans has ever come up with.


Of course there is life outside of earth. Perhaps not "aliens", but lifeforms on other planets with favorable conditions. To think that we're the ONLY planet in the universe with life would be much too arrogant of us. Even if it's a microscopic cell out there on another planet, that still counts as life.

Anyway, I'm assuming they've found some kind of remains of something that once lived there. That would be pretty cool, even if it was something that died most likely ages ago.


If their is aliens than we got some explaining to do. how can we come in peace when we accuse them of shoving probes where probes dont belong. Thats amerca for ya
8291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/23/12
This is pretty exciting. Time to get my ass to Mars.
72422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/23/12
Aliens are definitely out there, it's just a matter of where they are and whether we will ever find them.
26234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 11/23/12
Its definitely GUNDAM ALLOY!!!!!
49842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Phatuum Thani, Th...
Online
Posted 11/23/12

Jdaimond wrote:

"This data is gonna be one for the history books," Curiosity chief scientist John Grotzinger, of Caltech in Pasadena, told NPR. "It's looking really good."


The rover team won't be ready to announce just what SAM found for several weeks, NPR reported, as scientists want to check and double-check the results. Indeed, Grotzinger confirmed to SPACE.com that the news will come out at the fall meeting of the American Geophysical Union, which takes place Dec. 3-7 in San Francisco. more in the link below

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/mars-rover-curiosity-discovery_n_2167207.html

Could this be the answer to a question that mankind has so despritely searched for? Is there life besides our own?What is it that you think they discovered?
Personaly i think aliens is the most ridiculous thing we humans has ever come up with. Im only saying this because i dont want to witness that awkard moment when we have to explain why we accused them of anely raping us with machines. That would be pretty embarassing.



That awkward moment when aliens reveal to us that our planet is just a wild life preserve for alien tourists...
23362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 11/23/12
Water? Ice? :D:D I'm looking forward to hearing what's up there !
OpenA4 
6128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/23/12
Ifs its a new mineral think of a new gold rush that will happen.
1509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 11/23/12 , edited 11/23/12
What a tease! They should have just waited until they figured it all out before telling us anything. What did they find


OpenA4 wrote:

Ifs its a new mineral think of a new gold rush that will happen.


I demand Metatron! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDFQ7SaRcK4
4580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 11/23/12
I bet it's space nazis.
202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/23/12
I don't think a new mineral would be a huge announcement; about 50 new minerals are discovered every year (over 4,500 minerals are currently recognized). If its a mineral I hope there's more to it than just being discovered on Mars, like unusual or unique crystal symmetry.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.