First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
Sword Art Online: Plot being ruined.
7071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Far away
Offline
Posted 12/19/12
I agree, they did kind of ruin it in the second season and i personally feel like the first season just wasnt long enough, i honestly think they could have made this so much longer, an episode every floor they clear or even a few floors, it honestly could have made it a lot more suspenseful and probably a bit better, and the second season could have been the finale to the whole show.

That is my input on this o_o
12133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Digital World
Offline
Posted 12/19/12

Rito2Ru wrote:


Yankeesrule87 wrote:

BTW My Keyboard is broken on my laptop so my apotheoses and my quotes do not work for you Grammar Nazis.

My dollar and fifty cents:






52273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/19/12 , edited 12/19/12

2425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 12/19/12


Allow me to add one detail that I think is overlooked by people like 'critics' and those that wish to defend them like but not limited to GayAsianBoy. I don't like overly positive reviews either ( I don't like ANY reviews or critiques as they are pure opinioon) but at least they don't push people away from anime/manga/etc that they may actually enjoy. Negative reviews do however push people away from manga/anime/etc they may enjoy. And all based on what? 1 person's (or a select group's) opinion? Again 'critics' need to just shut up and crawl back into their holes since all they serve to do is kill off potentially good shows.
14303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 12/19/12
I felt the same way but then I saw episode 24. :'l
This episode was amazing.
49959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 12/19/12

xCrimsonEX wrote:



Allow me to add one detail that I think is overlooked by people like 'critics' and those that wish to defend them like but not limited to GayAsianBoy. I don't like overly positive reviews either ( I don't like ANY reviews or critiques as they are pure opinioon) but at least they don't push people away from anime/manga/etc that they may actually enjoy. Negative reviews do however push people away from manga/anime/etc they may enjoy. And all based on what? 1 person's (or a select group's) opinion? Again 'critics' need to just shut up and crawl back into their holes since all they serve to do is kill off potentially good shows.


What?

Go to the review section of Sword Art Online on Crunchyroll. "997" people gave it 5 stars compared to "11" people giving it 1 star and "9" people gave it 2 stars..

You're seriously saying those 20 people are going to influence a lot of people into not watching the show?

If anything, it's those 997 people who gave it unrealistic high ratings that make people come to watch the show and expect it to be good but it actually turns out to be mediocre so they become "haters" after watching the show.

Then the positive reviewers have the nerve to say something like, "Don't watch the show if you don't like it"...
My retort would be, "Don't give it 5 stars when it's not worthy of 5 stars".
2425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 12/19/12 , edited 12/19/12


I'm not talking about a major amount of people. If even one person that could've enjoyed is turned away by a "critic's" irresponsible words then thats a shame. And besides what gives you or anyone else the right to be a 'critic' of anything? To decide if something is good or not? A "critic's" opinion is just that their opinion not a fact but you have people that actually pay attention to them and will not watch an anime because of this opinion even if it would entertain them (which is part of what anime/manga/etc is for not to get the perfect formula for you or anyone else in particular)
49959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 12/20/12

xCrimsonEX wrote:



I'm not talking about a major amount of people. If even one person that could've enjoyed is turned away by a "critic's" irresponsible words then thats a shame. And besides what gives you or anyone else the right to be a 'critic' of anything? To decide if something is good or not? A "critic's" opinion is just that their opinion not a fact but you have people that actually pay attention to them and will not watch an anime because of this opinion even if it would entertain them (which is part of what anime/manga/etc is for not to get the perfect formula for you or anyone else in particular)


Like I said before, the freedom of speech allows me or anyone else to criticise an anime show. You can't just tell us to "shut up" just because you don't like those reviews or you think "one person" won't watch the show because of our reviews.
If that "one person" you're talking about is really influenced by our reviews, then he/she must be a sheep and doesn't have a mind of his/her own.

Anyway, this will be my last comment in this thread. I'm originally annoyed by the line, "Don't watch if you don't like it".
How are people supposed to review anything properly if they don't watch it completely? That line is just absurd and a tacky way of trying to silence people.
2425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 12/20/12 , edited 12/20/12


And that same freedom of speech allows me to call anything you (in this case more a reference to all critics) review or your opinion completely useless. If needed I will use my freedom of speech to disprove any and all that I can from 'critics' while wishing they would disappear. And no they wouldn't be a sheep per se if they believe some of the b.s. I've seen people spout about SAO, and many many other animes. People shouldn't review anything because again your opinion, my opinion, Timmy down the street's opinion don't equal Billy's potential opinion of the show. And its a truth, if you don't like a show shut up and go in your hole or talk to your fellow critics and admire each other all you want.
64859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 12/20/12 , edited 12/20/12
In my experience it seems that more people go out of their way to post negative comments. I am not targeting any one person here; it's more or less a trend you may see on many forums. People who see something positively may not say anything at all, but wrong them somehow and they will find someone to confront to make a situation "right" or just voice an opinion. More often than not someone will simply accept a positive result quietly than sit back and accept that something wrong, It's my opinion that the positive non reviewer to be the silent majority. It does seem that more people are rating it high, but a thread with several pages can make it sound like it's not that good. Good is relative to your tastes. It's perfectly fine to post what you like or don't like here, but it doesn't seem to be a true test of how everyone liked it, some people are more vocal than others, but if you're on the fence whether you're going to watch it or not check how people are rating it on the show's page, most of those people who rated it highly have not posted here.

I'm not telling anyone to or not to voice their opinions, there's just another way to see how many people like/dislike an anime on this site other than a thread in a forum. I'm not sure how much the thread's title plays into the number of positive vs. negative posts.




27539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 12/20/12 , edited 12/20/12

xCrimsonEX wrote:



Allow me to add one detail that I think is overlooked by people like 'critics' and those that wish to defend them like but not limited to GayAsianBoy. I don't like overly positive reviews either ( I don't like ANY reviews or critiques as they are pure opinioon) but at least they don't push people away from anime/manga/etc that they may actually enjoy. Negative reviews do however push people away from manga/anime/etc they may enjoy. And all based on what? 1 person's (or a select group's) opinion? Again 'critics' need to just shut up and crawl back into their holes since all they serve to do is kill off potentially good shows.


Yeah this is actually what one of my favorite YouTube commentator says. Ratings shouldn't be a part of the world, ratings make the show get less or more than the popularity it should have gotten, and for the most part it's less, because people are way to much of a critic.
For me, if reviewing and ratings where to disappear, I wouldn't give two shits about it, the world would be better off and the series would be better off. I would rather go into a series not knowing that it's bad or good, than knowing it's bad or good. That's the flaw of critiques.

This is actually why I give everything a 5 star rating, I would even go into School Days and give it one-.- Because it's my opinion that's it's bad, but my opinion is not valid as long as there is another one out there that hasn't seen it.
25035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 12/20/12
I agree with just about everyone the first arc was great. I loved how it went from the weak character level to the uber levels. There were so many possible stories to tell or to explore further.




I disagree with the second arc, I thought it was great in that you had a evil dude that everyone hated.



That I enjoyed most about the series was my inability to predict the next episode. That is something that gets lost in the retrospective analysis. That alone makes this a great series for the first time and it is worth watching again. I am looking forward to the last episode and there are many things I would like to see but I don't I kinda know what to expect but it would not surprise me to see something different.
62872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/20/12 , edited 12/20/12
There are significant spoilers in this post.



edit: Perhaps this is one where I need to read the manga to fully appreciate it.
45506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 12/20/12 , edited 12/20/12
I agree completely with OP. This anime's story just went way downhill after SAO. Sugu is annoying as hell and from the multiple stories of their past that we saw, Sugu and Kirito don't know each other enough to like each other. Very annoying. Plus, half of this arc was nothing but Sugu and her whining.

Rest are spoilers...
2425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 12/20/12 , edited 12/20/12

I've had the "joy" of seeing them on YT, manga sites, and here so I've built quite a bit of rage on the issue.



Someone actually did mention a possible solution to the whole dying thing.
But tbh this is just my opinion on it not like an actual fact xD



The tentacle monsters I assume were just some creature in the game's database that they happened to choose for w/e reason (I don't want to imagine if the people actually wanted to look like that )

I think most suggest reading the LN for more info on it but I dunno since I haven't read either LN or manga.

If you like character-driven manga I'd suggest Yozakura Quartet.
First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.