First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Sword Art Online: Plot being ruined.
63161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
The animation is good, yuki is still doing the music from what I understand, so I don't know what's so bad about it.

maybe it's just all the nostalgia from .hack that I'm feelin though.
25113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
I would prefer they stick to the story from the manga not what you would prefer.

/thread.
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
77726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/28/12 , edited 11/28/12

rockstar8577 wrote:

You messed up here, Kirito didn't get paralyzed. His attack failed when his sword broke, and he knew he was doomed because of that. Just correcting that :)



Nope. I'm not talking about the final battle in the SAO mmo. I'm talking about the member of Asuna's clan who turned out to be an assassin. Check mate.


edit:


@the user above me:

When will people learn that the manga is NOT the source material? It's the light novels.
23558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
To be honest, the dumbest thing of all, was that after a high-profile launch in which 10,000 people took part, that a total blackout happened about the game. At least 4,000 people died, massive lawsuits take place......

Yet somehow ALO is allowed to take place. Despite being an initial clone of SAO. By the time Kirito starts playing it's at least a year old, so it's fair to assume it began before he got out of SAO.
11266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
I loved the part they were in SAO, but when they got to ALFheim it got a little stale. Less of the 'tragic' feeling I suppose.
7139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
Yo Domo, aren't you a little too old to be a spelling nazi? I'd expect that from a 12year old /troll
5034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
Some of the narrow-minded, hyper cynical responses in this thread is exactly why being part of an otaku community is a pain in the ass.
30344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Brandon, FL
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
The Creator of the SAO game is missing in the story, so I find it entirely possible That the death game plot might return.
17198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
i suppose i don't understand the complaint, as the plot is pretty much the same except they skipped the part where the were underground, but that had no real bearing on the story anyway.
47793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/28/12

FallenYmir wrote:
b- Nowhere in my replies did I say the anime isn't mediocre (An opinion so I could care less). I'm arguing the fact that you think there are no skills in the game which the anime clearly implied are and now you're just trolling by continuing to deny.

I'm starting to think you don't even watch the anime since in EP 2 they went over the strategy on how to fight Illfang the Kobold Lord and how Kirito (and Asuna) reacted to the bosses attacks.
Same thing in EP 13/14 except without initial planning/prep.

And SAO, unlike .Hack (which is the only MMOesque anime I can think of atm), DOES keep elements and environment of a MMO throughout 1-14. It also doesn't have conventional classes in the first place, that certain skills are more useful than others, and that weapons and armor are picked based on the situation/stats (as Kirito's changes as he levels)

Also those stat aspect you mentioned is pointless to spend time on since they offer nothing other than trivia information akin to powerlevels in shonen. Let's talk about how much STR it takes to wield this sword hurr, your accuracy isn't high enough so you'll miss hitting that monster durr. It adds nothing and takes away relevant screentime.



Firstly, don't call me a troll. I believe in what I say. If you can't accept my opinion, then don't quote me.

Secondly, I've watched all the episodes and read every word, I'm the sort of person who doesn't like to miss a single word said in a story I read/watch.

Thirdly, the reason why you're arguing with me is because you think this anime is great, you're the one in denial. If you think this anime was mediocre you wouldn't be wasting your time trying to prove that the anime covers any real MMO mechanics. That is my point.


I'll break in down in simpler words for you: The MMO mechanics in SAO are SIMPLE.

If you think switching and using dual-wielding swords are skills... then you're the one who has not played any MMO. The fact that you can't mention any episodes beside episode 2 and 14 just reinforces my point that the mechanics are simple.




So, other than ignoring the fact that they are using strategy and skills in fights, why are you comparing SAO to another MMO when it already established what it is (an advanced hack and slash). The only useful combat skills are melee skills since that's all there is available.

But these days it's cool to jump on the bandwagon and hate something popular even if your argument is flawed 5ways.


You're the ONE who said I've only played one MMO in my lifetime. That's why I gave other examples of MMO's that require REAL strategies. Like timing and knowing how to use different skills to create different effects.



Say whatever you wish, but I no longer wish to continue this conversation if you cannot respond to me in a civilised manner and continuing to call me a troll or jumping on some bandwagon.


Look at my review of this anime and its date... I've thought it was mediocre after episode 1.
199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / a little no name...
Offline
Posted 11/28/12 , edited 11/28/12

kyonkunsuzumiya wrote:

Light novel, it's just that


I was about to ask if i was the only one that knew it was a book WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before it was show.
.
26140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/12 , edited 11/28/12

DomoKevin wrote:

Ok I gotta admit, the first 14 episodes of this were great. I loved where it was going. Dying in the game would make you die in real life? Awesome. Can't log out so now you're screaming for mummy and daddy? Awesome. Evil mastermind who just trapped people in this game for the lulz? Awesome. Oh and before you continue reading, I'm gonna warn you that there are spoilers.

Even though the whole plot of the first 14 episodes weren't as solid, it was enjoyable to watch how Kirito progressed throughout the 2 years. I couldn't get enough of it. But after episode 15, it didn't feel like I was enjoying the anime as much. Because when Kirito was introduced to a new game, I knew that he could log out, could not die in real life if he dies in the game and that he isn't going to be considered as a beater anymore. We have a creepy new villain who wants to marry and have sex with Miss Asuna-chan in her sleep. Yeah...that is so creepy. And we have some incest going on between Kazuto(Kirito) and his sister. I don't like incest. Putting these flaws all together just didn't make the anime seem enjoyable anymore or even suspenseful. After episode 14 I did not like where it was going or was trying to achieve.

I mean, it would be better if they would just keep the same plot. I mean they can do so much from episode 1-25 but just add some badass arcs to it. I love the suspense of a player dying. And Kirito acts really serious every time he see's someone about to die. I mean he has the right to go crazy about it. But now in whatever game he is in right now after episode 14, he still acts freakin serious about dying in the game? Dude take a chill pill, you can respawn back to the nearest town. So what if there are trolls lurking around and killing people for the lulz. Now I think this anime is getting way too cheesy.

So yeah. That's how I thought about the anime after episode 14. Not suspenseful anymore. I'm still gonna watch it until it's finished since I'm curious to what happens in the end. But the anime does not seem as enjoyable as it was anymore. It's a real shame. Sorry for the fanboys and fangirls who love this show, but I did not make this thread to intentionally piss you off. I'm just trying to prove a point.


Oh and a shout out for AHTL for helping people realize that this anime is way too overrated. I actually knew some of this but I actually couldn't be stuffed typing it down. So thanks. I'll put what you said in this spoiler button.



Just read this and what so many pages after few days, First of all SAO is a light novel, read it...Second the SERIES is not about "OH MY GOD I cant log out, If I die here i'll die also in reality"...The series is about a plot about reality and fantasy and how they can affect each other, also the plot is still the same, Kirito wants Azuna to be free. Also hopefully they will animate the other books as the plot becomes even better.

Second on the chill pill, I see you liked the anime for what is not, if you like suspense anime go watch one, Remember he was in what can be call a death game 2 years, he still has the trauma, also there are still people missing and no one knows were they are. Third the fact that he can log out right now doesn't mean the "dev" can do something and prevent him from doing so, remember Alfheim is still the same core as SAO was. Just say you dont like the series anymore and go, do not try to understand something you clearly cant.

SAO is a Psychological Anime but not one based on killing but one base on what might happen if X happen. Go watch Elfen Lied or Claymore, plenty of killing there and its also physiological but the aspect you seem to like.

Fourth this anime is to help the Light Novels sell better and to introduce them, no one is asking you to see it, no one is forcing you. We all know what happens on anime now days, and how derail they go form the original story but we all know this so why the hate from something we all know?

Fifth, SAO has done many things good, for once I feel its an MMO world, and it still feels like that. Thats the basic of the whole plot and they manage to do it perfectly.

Also for AHTL and You, Every Story in the world can be categorized in 5 Plots, so in reality every anime is the same. Next time try basing you opinion on a more general thing rather than a personal, because there is no use putting a personal opinion on a forum if you are not going to argue it. Personal opinion are personals, save them for yourself.


AHTL wrote:

-snip-


I come here to laugh at your posts sometimes also. Next time try criticizing SAO from a neutral point of view not from your personals points of view. Shame on a MOD more personal, but well, Even in The MMO Community everyone is trying to personalize their points, everyone wants the MMO best suited to them, everyone wants the anime to meet their personal expectations. Remember their is a world out there exactly 7.055 billion people, and they are trying to sell the most they can so they HAVE too meet a general point of view, and mostly a Japanese point of view. IF Japan wanted pandas on SAO they will put pandas, because Japan is their primary buyer, if you want anime to become better, try selling it to a wider world, once Anime is being control by more than just japan we wll start seeing more plots being kept as they were and not changed just to sell.

That being said, SAO tries to recreate a MMO World, did they do it?

Yes, point ended.
24011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/28/12 , edited 11/28/12

DomoKevin wrote:


necoconeco101 wrote:

Oh rubbish!

I will agree on the first 14 episodes, they were awesome!

But for the next arch, I think the plot is fine!

Although, I find the sister (or cousin, whatever she is) character a bit annoying.

In other words, I can't wait for when she sees Kirito back with Asuna!


*Arc

Learn to spell, you're older than me.

The plot is not fine. They made it worst sadly.


You're not promoting conversation at all. You're just talking trash. What's the point in making a thread, if you're not going to at least talk about it? Rather than insult someone's ability to spell, which, by the way, is most likely the weakest form of insult slinging possible (even though you may not be intending to be insulting and rude, you are), you could ask why said person thinks it's so good. Making a thread specifically to trash an anime is stupid, and it's no different than fanboying, except it's on the other end of the spectrum.

TL;DR - If you didn't want to hear from people who like the anime, you shouldn't have made the thread about how it sucks.
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
77726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/28/12


Why does it matter if SAO is "actually" a light novel? We are judging the show here, not the light novel - which is about average in quality. It's not a masterpiece.

Why are you nitpicking about what the show is "REALLY" about? That's his perspective of the anime, and I don't see the big harm thinking like that. Besides, the plot doesn't get better. If anything, it gets worse.

SAO is not a good psychological anime. It's a good shounen anime, but it is not a good psychological anime at all. If you want good psychological anime, you watch things like Ergo Proxy, Tatami Galaxy, Paranoia Agent, Paprika or Memories. These are good psychological anime shows/films that doesn't have lots of killing in them.

I don't understand why you are being so condescending towards DomoKevin. Just respect the fact that he can be passionate about something, whether or not he likes it is irrelevant.

It doesn't matter why they made the anime. At all. Of course it is for profit, nobody is questioning that.
Just because he doesn't love the show he isn't allowed to state his opinion about it? Puh-lease.

I love the SAO world, but I don't like Kirito. I don't see what's wrong with that. It's not uncommon to like an anime show, but not liking the protagonist. Saying they did a "perfect" job with SAO is giving them too much credit. A good job? Maybe, but perfect? Nope.


You know what forums are for? Sharing your personal opinion! Nobody here has an objective opinion about something - it's in fact impossible to have an objective opinion for humans. Everyone shares their personal opinion constantly here. So please, don't tell us to stop posting simply because you don't like our opinion.

I'm glad I made you laugh, that means my post was actually read. I appreciate that.

Just because I am a moderator, I am not allowed to state my personal opinion about something? Uh, please show me the rules that says that once I become a moderator I must abandon my humanity and become a robot.

Anyway, keep laughing. I don't see you refuting any of my points - nor has anyone else. If you post that you know I'm wrong, but you don't post why - don't bother saying it at all. Don't make promises you can't or won't keep~


On the last note, you are completely missing the point. Nobody is questioning whether or not they managed to create an MMO world (which they of course did, it happened from the first episode..) What we are complaining about here is the quality of the show. It's not about whether or not there should be pandas in the show/MMO/whichever. It's about how events happens, what happens during the events and how well written they are.

You are basically saying that because someone created a cake, you shouldn't be allowed to complain that it tastes foul and that you should only praise it. Without criticism how can anyone expect to improve?

I'm watching this show and I'm giving my honest opinion about it. I don't see why that is so wrong of me.
26140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/12
The problem is that that cake can be awesome for 500k people while awful for 5k...I understand, for me SAO could have been done far better but the minority of people who want more intricate plots wont ever move japan weird ambition of cheesy plots. the plot being diminish all it could be, is far better than worst, is what I am trying to say.

Btw writting from really far so no idea about my spelling.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.