First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Got the Wii U, Time to Homebrew the old Wii and import Japanese games :)
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 11/26/12
Got the Wii U, Time to Homebrew the old Wii and import Japanese games :)

Anyone else doing this now that their old Wii was formatted after the transfer?

I will work on this over the weekend and post updates.
20777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / anime4fantasy@hot...
Offline
Posted 11/26/12
I've had homebrew on mine for quite a while Try playing 'The Last Story' or Xenoblade.

It gives you a big headache trying to configure everything on homebrew. I almost broke my wii due to anger lol
49653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Online playing......
Offline
Posted 11/26/12

anime4fantasy wrote:

I've had homebrew on mine for quite a while Try playing 'The Last Story' or Xenoblade.

It gives you a big headache trying to configure everything on homebrew. I almost broke my wii due to anger lol :D


You know that both The Last Story and Xenoblade were released in North America, right? Pandora's Tower is the one that has yet to be released.

27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 11/26/12
That doesn't sound very fun.

I just want to set up my Wii for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTY_-O2lEPo
20777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / anime4fantasy@hot...
Offline
Posted 11/27/12 , edited 11/27/12

CrossForte wrote:


anime4fantasy wrote:

I've had homebrew on mine for quite a while Try playing 'The Last Story' or Xenoblade.

It gives you a big headache trying to configure everything on homebrew. I almost broke my wii due to anger lol :D


You know that both The Last Story and Xenoblade were released in North America, right? Pandora's Tower is the one that has yet to be released.



I already have pandora's tower too, it's a pretty good and addictive game.

You should be able to get homebrew working easily. I was messing too much with it, thinking I'm an expert hacker, and messed some settings up. I had to reconfigure everything manually.

Just make sure you have a decent size memory card to insert into the wii for homebrew and all the apps. I only had a 64MB Sandisk, but all apps fitted perfectly into them.
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 11/27/12

anime4fantasy wrote:


CrossForte wrote:


anime4fantasy wrote:

I've had homebrew on mine for quite a while Try playing 'The Last Story' or Xenoblade.

It gives you a big headache trying to configure everything on homebrew. I almost broke my wii due to anger lol :D


You know that both The Last Story and Xenoblade were released in North America, right? Pandora's Tower is the one that has yet to be released.



I already have pandora's tower too, it's a pretty good and addictive game.

You should be able to get homebrew working easily. I was messing too much with it, thinking I'm an expert hacker, and messed some settings up. I had to reconfigure everything manually.

Just make sure you have a decent size memory card to insert into the wii for homebrew and all the apps. I only had a 64MB Sandisk, but all apps fitted perfectly into them.


I am hoping best buy still has the 8GB SD card for $6.
20777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / anime4fantasy@hot...
Offline
Posted 11/27/12
Amazon.com also sells them cheap. But check if the wii suports that much memory before buying it
25369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 11/27/12
I homebrew'd my parent's, my sister's, my aunt/uncle's, and my own Wiis, but only exclusively for downloading and playing new tracks on Mario Kart Wii. I'm not a fan of pirated games, but if I payed any attention in Japanese class--at least enough to understand more than just a little bit of Japanese--I'd be all for playing Japanese Wii games.

I made a Japanese account on my PS3 and have downloaded some games using that, but again, I have no idea what I'm doing. I know I could look for translation scripts online, but that's no fun.
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 11/27/12

mwhitco91 wrote:

I homebrew'd my parent's, my sister's, my aunt/uncle's, and my own Wiis, but only exclusively for downloading and playing new tracks on Mario Kart Wii. I'm not a fan of pirated games, but if I payed any attention in Japanese class--at least enough to understand more than just a little bit of Japanese--I'd be all for playing Japanese Wii games.

I made a Japanese account on my PS3 and have downloaded some games using that, but again, I have no idea what I'm doing. I know I could look for translation scripts online, but that's no fun.


Good thing is you don't really need to know too much Japanese for this game, which is one I am dying to get:


GodWhomIsMike wrote:

That doesn't sound very fun.

I just want to set up my Wii for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTY_-O2lEPo


25369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 11/27/12

GodWhomIsMike wrote:

Good thing is you don't really need to know too much Japanese for this game, which is one I am dying to get:


GodWhomIsMike wrote:

That doesn't sound very fun.

I just want to set up my Wii for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTY_-O2lEPo




That game actually looks like a blast! But to be honest, I hardly doubt that I'd be coordinated enough to play it. My whole family's like that. We don't have much coordination. We've got smarts, though!

I can hardly play Guitar Hero or Donkey Konga...but I'm pretty good at Guitar Hero III with the controller, that's all though. This game still looks like it'd be fun to try, though!

Would you buy the controller off of ebay or something?
Posted 12/3/12
SHIT
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 12/4/12
I ordered it, but I won't be getting it for a long time:

Standard Shipping (18-32 business days)

1 item will be shipped to Mike by (some place in Japan). Estimated delivery: Jan. 2, 2013 - Jan. 23, 2013

49653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Online playing......
Offline
Posted 12/9/12

GodWhomIsMike wrote:

I ordered it, but I won't be getting it for a long time:

Standard Shipping (18-32 business days)

1 item will be shipped to Mike by (some place in Japan). Estimated delivery: Jan. 2, 2013 - Jan. 23, 2013



Say, Mike, let me ask you a question. Did you perform a Nintendo Wii to Nintendo Wii U system transfer to keep all of your save data and what not together before you started the project?
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 12/9/12
I got bad news... the company on Amazon refunded me. Said they did not have the drum.
94 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / look behind you ._.
Offline
Posted 4/14/13 , edited 4/16/13
FINALY! i found an anime luvin wii modder! hey. on kcmm im SSBBhacker00. i am an intermediate modder esp. SSBB.


If u wanna learn my way of modding, especially modding Super Smash Bros. Brawl! check out this video :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3FdHaJ7wAA
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.